Thread: Getting some baby stuff

Red face Getting some baby stuff

Heya. I've been enjoying sessions of wearing diapers late at night for a couple of months now, but I've felt that I could use some items to make me feel more little. I was wondering if you kind folks with some experience could help me manage my thoughts a little. I don't want to spend too much and I do have a few ideas.

First of all, I'll probably buy a pacifier/dummy. For me, the look of it matters a lot, and I have a couple in mind. My question is whether or not it's a bad idea to order a baby's dummy instead of one made for adults. I think I've heard it's bad before, but I'm not entirely sure why and I just don't think I like the look of the adult ones.

Another thing I was thinking about is getting a plushy. I've always liked the idea of that. Anyone have any good reccomendations for websites or is it just the sort of thing you have to browse around for until you find one you like?

Lastly, while I've been enjoying the tena slip maxi diapers I ordered, and have a decent amount left, I was thinking about buying some diapers that seemed a little more babyish. Since I live in the UK, I've ruled out bambinos. The only other brands I know like that are cuddlz and abu super dry kids. Any advice or reccomendations?

Thanks in advance for your help. :3

I'd say go with the adult pacifiers just so that your mouth is more comfortable but if you don't like the look of Nuk shield or just want some variation there are a couple of websites that use adult teats on baby guards. So you get the cuteness without damaging your mouth in any real way. Those sites are babypants.com and pacifiersrus.com. Be warned though pacifiers r us is really pricey (the pacifier also comes with a "free" diaper).

As for plushies, you can get those almost anywhere! If you're looking for the super soft kind then my recommendation is the baby section of whatever store you prefer. I've got a stuffed lion from the bran Aurora bu I got it on Ebay and it was in GREAT condition. You can look at whatever local stores you have because I am almost positive if you feel the need to order online they will have a way to get their product to you.

I can't comment much on the diapers though since I've only tried disposables once and that was a free sample and since then have switched to solely cloth diapers.

Well, you can certainly look for pacifiers at the grocery store, if you get the biggest ones they have (See if you can find one that is an 18+ months), sometimes they are ok. I have a few that are the larger baby pacifier size and they work ok, but they are not good for overnight use. If you want to nurse on a pacifier through the night you should get an adult size one. If you want some fun prints, the bigest selection I have ever seen is on pacifiersrus.com. I have heard a few complaints about them, but my experience has been ok. There is also another site that has a few printed adult paci's and i know that there was some whinney the pooh prints, but i don't remember the site, and i know nothing about their service. I'd suggest going to the grocery store for starters though if you want something cheap and now, and kinda works. Adult pacifiers are quite enjoyable.

Stuffed animals are the key element to my little side. I think it is extremely worth getting a stuffed animal. I'd just go onto amazon.com and start searching, there is a ton of stuff on there.

I don't know anything about diapers in the uk.

I'd also suggest getting a baby bottle or rubber nipple sippy. I love to drink milk out of a bottle, it is my favorite thing to do while in a diaper. If you get one made for an older baby, they usually work just fine for an adult. I have 3 playtex ventAire bottles that are pretty nice. I also like the nuk 9+ months learner cup with the silicone sippy end. They also have nuk adult bottle nipples which are fun, but they are not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Well, you can certainly look for pacifiers at the grocery store, if you get the biggest ones they have (See if you can find one that is an 18+ months), sometimes they are ok. I have a few that are the larger baby pacifier size and they work ok, but they are not good for overnight use. If you want to nurse on a pacifier through the night you should get an adult size one. If you want some fun prints, the bigest selection I have ever seen is on pacifiersrus.com. I have heard a few complaints about them, but my experience has been ok. There is also another site that has a few printed adult paci's and i know that there was some whinney the pooh prints, but i don't remember the site, and i know nothing about their service. I'd suggest going to the grocery store for starters though if you want something cheap and now, and kinda works. Adult pacifiers are quite enjoyable.

Stuffed animals are the key element to my little side. I think it is extremely worth getting a stuffed animal. I'd just go onto amazon.com and start searching, there is a ton of stuff on there.

I don't know anything about diapers in the uk.

I'd also suggest getting a baby bottle or rubber nipple sippy. I love to drink milk out of a bottle, it is my favorite thing to do while in a diaper. If you get one made for an older baby, they usually work just fine for an adult. I have 3 playtex ventAire bottles that are pretty nice. I also like the nuk 9+ months learner cup with the silicone sippy end. They also have nuk adult bottle nipples which are fun, but they are not necessary.
    Oh, a baby bottle does sound like fun! The only thing is that cleaning it might be difficult since I still live with my parents and they don't know about any of this. I mean, milk hardens if you don't clean it, so it's not like I could just wait for an oppertune time to give it a clean. :/ I'll think about it though. Thanks.

And thank you both for your advice on the other items. <3

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf View Post
    Oh, a baby bottle does sound like fun! The only thing is that cleaning it might be difficult since I still live with my parents and they don't know about any of this. I mean, milk hardens if you don't clean it, so it's not like I could just wait for an oppertune time to give it a clean. :/ I'll think about it though. Thanks.

And thank you both for your advice on the other items. <3
    Well if you can keep things well planned, you can clean it off in the morning in the shower. If you get yourself a small bottle of dish soap then it should be pretty easy to take care of. Always good to be cautious though.

Tena slip maxi are one of my most favorites diapers...

Toddler dummies shouldn't do any harm, my dummy (my profile pic) is made for toddlers and it's the perfect size for my mouth.

I've found that adult dummies are either ridiculously large and uncomfortable or too small and degrade alarmingly quickly (Nuk 5).

Try some dummies out, see what you prefer. Bottles are also a great addition to any collection.

I have to say go with a pacifier that suits you and one that you can get comfortable with overtime. For me the best ones are the NUK 5's from pacifiresrus and most likely an adult one will be your best option because the size of the nipple.
    Pluhies are the single most important thing to me as far as AB stuff goes. I have to say build a bear is very good because that is where most of mine come from. Just find what you like and get what you want as it pertains to you.
    As far as diapers go I like to have ABU super dry kids or sissy diapers and I like M4 abena diapers. even though the abenas don't have cute prints on them they do fit me the best. I say to go for a diaper that fits you and to experiment with different diapers until you find one that suits you the best.