Thread: Is it Incontinence if i strugle to hold my bladder when i need to pee

Default Is it Incontinence if i strugle to hold my bladder when i need to pee

I remember in years gone by talking to people and them saying "ooo i really need to use the toilet" but they finish the conversation then stroll off to the loo.. When i feel i nee to pee then its almost immediate like i need to pee NOW.

I have very little ability to hold it when i need to pee? this has caused me to wet myself a few times when i was younger my mum just said it was an accident, i didn't have time to got to the loo because i didn't want to stop playing with my toys.. now as an adult i have the same problem i need to pee i have to stop immediately and go to the loo,

Now my question is this the beginning of some kind of incontinence or is it just me?

it hasn't got worse but when in my diaper sometimes i feel the pee before i realize i need to pee, nice to be able to relax because day to day when not in my diapers i am always aware of it..

This is natural among those with small bladders. The urge to 'go' can come suddenly and without prior indication.

I remember while in kindergarten I was painting at an easel and held off this urge until I could no longer thwart the warning. I made a short dash to the restroom only to find it locked! I wet my pants right there.

I was sent home in 'loaner' pants from the nurses office with my 'wets' in a clear plastic bag.

I wouldn't worry unless the ability to hold your bladder has gotten worse over the last few months. It could indicate a medical problem.

I don't think it's incontinence. What you describe seems like when anyone has their bladder full you almost have to make a conscious or semi-conscious effort to hold it. Even though I have experienced those situations, and I relate so much to your story about not going to the toilet because of playing with toys as a child, I've never had an accident but I remember having to conciously hold it a few times.

How frequently do you feel the urge to pee? It's a very different problem if you're going for several hours before suffering distress than if you risk an accident once every hour or two if you can't run to a bathroom.

If it's the latter, you could consider seeing a doctor, as there may be some things that could help.

Quote Originally Posted by NikABDL View Post
    I remember in years gone by talking to people and them saying "ooo i really need to use the toilet" but they finish the conversation then stroll off to the loo.. When i feel i nee to pee then its almost immediate like i need to pee NOW.

I have very little ability to hold it when i need to pee? this has caused me to wet myself a few times when i was younger my mum just said it was an accident, i didn't have time to got to the loo because i didn't want to stop playing with my toys.. now as an adult i have the same problem i need to pee i have to stop immediately and go to the loo,

Now my question is this the beginning of some kind of incontinence or is it just me?

it hasn't got worse but when in my diaper sometimes i feel the pee before i realize i need to pee, nice to be able to relax because day to day when not in my diapers i am always aware of it..
    Personally I'd get it checked by an urologist.

It can be due to a large number of factors, but if you actually have "accidents" - then it's not "normal" and should be checked out.

soggyboy

I suffered a similar thing a few years ago after a minor back injury. Discs around the L4/L5 vertebrae were out of line and pushing a nerve that must have been somehow bladder related.
    I'd have no need to go, then BAM! I had to go NOW! That resulted in a couple of minor and one major accident.
    A lot of us on here wonder about bring IC, me included, but those few weeks were hard. Hard enough to know I don't want to lose control accidentally, at least not regularly lol.
    It wouldn't hurt to get checked out by a physio to make sure your backs ok