Thread: First time buying "premium" diapers online- what should I go for?

Default First time buying "premium" diapers online- what should I go for?

I'm looking to jump the shark and get my first pack of "real" diapers, some that aren't Goodnites or Depends. I'm looking to buy off of Amazon. I figured I should go to some more versed in the arts of diaper for some advice.

I'm actually in the same situation, i was looking to get something from amazon for the first time. I was going to go with either molicare or abena m4's. It depends really on what you want out of the diaper. Molicares have a soft plastic (purple colored) backing to them, while the abenas on amazon are mostly cloth backed, yet hold a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedArtist View Post
    I'm actually in the same situation, i was looking to get something from amazon for the first time. I was going to go with either molicare or abena m4's. It depends really on what you want out of the diaper. Molicares have a soft plastic (purple colored) backing to them, while the abenas on amazon are mostly cloth backed, yet hold a little more.
    Agreed here. Dry 24/7, Molicares, or Abena Level 4. Those are the best diapers. I can't speak on Bambinos (Yet).. But those are the best premium diapers. Thick, thirsty and comfy.

My tips here are try to get samples first unless your okay with dropping way too much for diapers that might not fit right. Each brand fits differently. I love Abena Level 4s, but my thick calves makes it hard to put on easily and not as comfy as I would like. Molicares fit me better, but unless you are using them as a night time diaper, they tend to clump a lot. Since I often wear out and about, unique wellness superio briefs do the trick for me, I have to wear large in them, but I often wear mediums in most other brands. Tena Slip Maxi were great, but their plastic backed ones are going away for ones that stretch and droop when wet and have less odor control. If you have thick calves at all, Bambinos tend to not fit well as well, so it all really depends on your body type.

I'm wearing Molicare super plus right now and for the money they are great, or go M4.

Joey741

Dry 24/7 are super great no cute prints though if that matters. After that bambino, then maybe abena or molicare. I prefer ones that are white in color not odd things like blue or purple. My opinion.

I'm a firm believer in getting sample packs of the different brands and sizes from the premium vendors. That way you can find out
    what works best for you. What probably works well for me might not work for you. I look for fit, cost, and performance.