Thread: getting rid of the smell

Default getting rid of the smell

i apologize in advance if this has already been posted but i didn't have time to scroll the pages. anyway i've been wondering if there's any way to get rid of the diaper smell. so a while ago i bought a pack of men's depends underwear from the pharmacy where i bought the first quality diapers and they've been in my backpack, and i put the diapers back in there when i'm done using them (i know, this is the cause of the problem) but i was wondering how to get rid of the smell, we don't have a working washing machine until july 8th and so i put it in the dryer (obviously with the diapers taken out) and sprayed it with febreze and ozium (i use ozium when i smoke weed) but nothing seems to be taking the smell out, doing all those things helped a little bit but the smell is still there, is there ANY way i can get rid of the smell? thanks in advance. stay diapered.

Keep them thrown away outside, use a diaper pail and keep it closed, get some air freshener and spray the room whenever it smells.

I am not sure if you are talking about cloth or disposables or both.

They make products for this stuff try looking online for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Keep them thrown away outside, use a diaper pail and keep it closed, get some air freshener and spray the room whenever it smells.

I am not sure if you are talking about cloth or disposables or both.
    well i'm talking about disposables, the depends diapers are disposable ones, and okay i'll try that, i can't really have a pail cause i still live with my parents so they'd find out

We posted posts at the same time so I just want to make sure you saw my reply to. Hope it helps

I always recommend Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), sprinkle it on the affected areas liberally and clean it up after a few hours. It won't eliminate horrendous smells, and might not do much since you've dried it (I'm surprised your dryer doesn't smell rank now), but it's never failed to reduce odors for me.

Quote Originally Posted by love4nappies View Post
    i apologize in advance if this has already been posted but i didn't have time to scroll the pages. anyway i've been wondering if there's any way to get rid of the diaper smell. so a while ago i bought a pack of men's depends underwear from the pharmacy where i bought the first quality diapers and they've been in my backpack, and i put the diapers back in there when i'm done using them (i know, this is the cause of the problem) but i was wondering how to get rid of the smell, we don't have a working washing machine until july 8th and so i put it in the dryer (obviously with the diapers taken out) and sprayed it with febreze and ozium (i use ozium when i smoke weed) but nothing seems to be taking the smell out, doing all those things helped a little bit but the smell is still there, is there ANY way i can get rid of the smell? thanks in advance. stay diapered.
    You can try a pet urine odor remover spray (enzymes), or in a well ventilated area (such as outside) try using isopropyl alcohol on the backpack... obviously away from smoking, or open flames etc... Depending on the color of the backpack... you may be able to use fresh grass clippings to benefit from the chlorophyll, which is supposed to be a deodorizer...

-Marka

well i'm talking about disposables, the depends diapers are disposable ones, and okay i'll try that, i can't really have a pail cause i still live with my parents so they'd find out
    You mentioned about keeping them in the drier and washer not working so it was confusing.

i'm guessing you can't try to blame it on the family pet.

i live at home as well , here's what i do with the used disposables - keep a supply of plastic grocery bags and put the used one in the bag and tie it up. you can usually bring the bag around it and tie it again. if you are doing both them you might use two bags. now this will not stop all of the smell completely especially if it is that latter. bury them in the outside trash - problem solved !! been doing this for 2 years now.