Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Qestion

Post Diaper Qestion

Good afternoon everybody,

I am new to this message board. I have had spastic Cp from births since. My nervous system has done a complete 360 turn! In which I no longer have control over my urine/bowels! The change the literally happened overnight! I'm a bit embarrassed about this but I guess I should not be because Cp guideline dictate by this time in my life that the body will regress back to needing assistance. What is also most embarrassing is that I no longer know when my bladder needs to empty nor am able to hold my bowels back.

Now my question is do to my urine/bowels! Issue being so severe are there any briefs that contain gel locking material

Dry 24/7 is probably the most absorbent, and they also have pretty tall leak guards.

Do they have pullup counterparts that have similar absorbancy and leak guards?

What about Covidien Wings Hook and Loop 3D Adult Briefs

-Cloth-like back sheet is ultrasonically bonded for a “quilted” look and feel.
    -Dual-Air System features plastic-free nonwoven side panels that increase exposure of skin to the air.
    -Exclusive “Hook & Loop” fastening system ensures the right size and right fit, every time.
    -Hook & Loop fastening is not impacted by creams, lotions or powders.
    -Combines super-absorbent polymer, a high performance blue dryness strip, breathable top sheet and refastenability for added comfort, protection and odor control.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63062-CS96_web.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	21174

CP incontinence,

If you are having bowel incontinence you really need a diaper with internal standing leak guards. Cloth backing is not good for bowel incontinence as it quickly transmits odor.

I recommend Abena Abriform X-Plus, Tena Slip Maxi, Molicare Super Plus, or Wellness Superio Signature diapers.

I am bowel incontinent and wear 24/7

--John

Quote Originally Posted by CPincontinence View Post
    Good afternoon everybody,

I am new to this message board. I have had spastic Cp from births since. My nervous system has done a complete 360 turn! In which I no longer have control over my urine/bowels! The change the literally happened overnight! I'm a bit embarrassed about this but I guess I should not be because Cp guideline dictate by this time in my life that the body will regress back to needing assistance. What is also most embarrassing is that I no longer know when my bladder needs to empty nor am able to hold my bowels back.

Now my question is do to my urine/bowels! Issue being so severe are there any briefs that contain gel locking material
    I too have Cerebral Palsy (& Asperger's Syndrome) & I uncontrollably wet/poop myself 24/7 too.

TRANQUILITY ATN brand dydees for adults is good.

I also wear plastic pants too over my diaper(s).

Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. sells plastic pants in adult sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by caitianx View Post
    I too have Cerebral Palsy (& Asperger's Syndrome) & I uncontrollably wet/poop myself 24/7 too.

TRANQUILITY ATN brand dydees for adults is good.

I also wear plastic pants too over my diaper(s).

Fetware Products Superior Incontinence Protection | Buy from Fetware Products, Llc. sells plastic pants in adult sizes.
    I have CP as well. When I was using disposable, I use cloth now, I was using the Tranquility ATN with very good results. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to chat in more detail.

Regardless of what diaper you use, remember plastic pants, they help keep the odor down.