Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't understand "Brats"

Default I don't understand "Brats"

Recently I have found out about "LIttles," a broader class that encompasses ABDLs as well as non-diaper wearers. But this class also includes a group called "Brats" who for as far as I can tell use the "Brat" label and hide behind their caretakers so they have an excuse to conveniently forget that they are also adults. The Brats I have met are the most cliquish, entitled, unforgiving people I've had to deal with... and unfortunately, because of their assertiveness, they end up running LIttles Corners at kink events.

I don't get why anyone would want to be a "brat." I especially don't get what kind of caretaker would want a "Brat." I'm used to ABDLs who tend to be submissive toward a caretaker, not argumentative and entitled.

Has anyone else had this experience?

I think most brats are that way to invite some sort of punishment from their caretaker by breaking rules or in general being mean. I can Imagine if one hosted an event it would just be an outlet to do bad behavior. I don't really get it either but to each their own.

To each their own... until it affects me. I'm not their caretaker, I don't want to deal with their brattiness.
    Thanks for explaining.

I wasn't aware of that title or events with such a clique, so I can't really speak for that specific group. Though with the bit of being bratty to get a punishment, I can somewhat relate to that. I do a snooty joke with my boyfriend and he'll swat me as I'm strutting around and loudly going "HMPH!" It makes me laugh, because it's goofy on both our parts. It's hard to explain that really.

Anyways, it really is an each their own kinda thing. If the caretaker and the "Brat" get along, then it's fantastic - perhaps that is what the caretaker is looking for? We certainly don't all have perfectly aligned interests when it comes to this particular interest anyhow. What I may like, someone else may not - and vice versa. Socialization is also a thing that varies from person to person (IE Social skills). Some are skillful, others may not be. You just kinda have to take a big breath and just go with the motions and I guess bite your tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolome View Post
    To each their own... until it affects me. I'm not their caretaker, I don't want to deal with their brattiness.
    Thanks for explaining.
    If you can't stand them, maybe they're best avoided :P

CrinklySiren

Not all brats are the same ~ by that logic not all brats are bratty.... its just a title just as babygirl is a title and little is a title.. not all littles are cute, and not all babygirls are even into ABDL.

I have a big sis who identifies as a little/brat but she is far from bratty... it really depends on how each person defines that word to describe them - before I transitioned, i considered myself a sweet baby girl, but honestly... over the months i've become more of a brat lol But that doesnt mean im annoying and unruly and a pain to deal with... it just means that I cry easily and am more prone to demanding attention from my "big" instead of just being cute and attracting the attention in general.

Example: instead of just crawling around and saying "Daddy/Mommy, i'm hungry *smiley face and giggle*" i'd probably make a whiney sound and be like "hungryyyy!! gimme bottle!" in a very girly and uppity tone.. some people like that bratty attitude, some people don't just as some people find the cute and innocent attitude to be "annoyingly sweet"... its different tastes for different people. I have another friend who also identifies as a brat but she is just adventurous and gets into trouble, runs when she shouldnt run, gets dirty and gets glitter all over herself, but she's not mean or unforgiving or entitled by far... and I am also far from being unforgiving :P

Brats, in terms of BDSM, are individuals that are submissive but purposely act defiant to goad attention out of you for punishment. They are assertive people whose submissive side is best taken care of through forceful/punishing play. Sometimes it's to be cute, other's is personality trait for this kind of play.

I'm a brat in the sense that the only way to cater to my submissive side is to forcefully dominate me. I'm not gonna act like a doormat because I'm not one. Hence its the only way to get to my subby side.

When the roles are reversed, I find brats to be fun as the domme in me comes out. My partners quite the brat I should know lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    Not all brats are the same ~ by that logic not all brats are bratty.... its just a title just as babygirl is a title and little is a title.. not all littles are cute, and not all babygirls are even into ABDL.

I have a big sis who identifies as a little/brat but she is far from bratty... it really depends on how each person defines that word to describe them - before I transitioned, i considered myself a sweet baby girl, but honestly... over the months i've become more of a brat lol But that doesnt mean im annoying and unruly and a pain to deal with... it just means that I cry easily and am more prone to demanding attention from my "big" instead of just being cute and attracting the attention in general.

Example: instead of just crawling around and saying "Daddy/Mommy, i'm hungry *smiley face and giggle*" i'd probably make a whiney sound and be like "hungryyyy!! gimme bottle!" in a very girly and uppity tone.. some people like that bratty attitude, some people don't just as some people find the cute and innocent attitude to be "annoyingly sweet"... its different tastes for different people. I have another friend who also identifies as a brat but she is just adventurous and gets into trouble, runs when she shouldnt run, gets dirty and gets glitter all over herself, but she's not mean or unforgiving or entitled by far... and I am also far from being unforgiving :P

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Brats, in terms of BDSM, are individuals that are submissive but purposely act defiant to goad attention out of you for punishment. They are assertive people whose submissive side is best taken care of through forceful/punishing play. Sometimes it's to be cute, other's is personality trait for this kind of play.

I'm a brat in the sense that the only way to cater to my submissive side is to forcefully dominate me. I'm not gonna act like a doormat because I'm not one. Hence its the only way to get to my subby side.

When the roles are reversed, I find brats to be fun as the domme in me comes out. My partners quite the brat I should know lmao.

*Just, Both of these. Yes.*

These are exactly how Brats should be. I am actually very bratty in these ways. I truly don't submit easy, you have to get it out of me, if you can and I want you too, e.i. I let you force it out of me. There's only one person that's manged to coax a non bratty submissive side out of me and it was only once though we haven't really explored that part of us much yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post

Based on that explanation, I feel like it would be WAY more fun to play with a brat than to be a caretaker for one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I'm a brat
    cripes! just wait 'til you see issue 23 of Plop Gear! if you thought issue 1 was bad.....