Thread: Hi Everyone

Default Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,

Introductions are not my strong point but I will try to be fairly comprehensive. I live in London and am currently working within the IT industry. My involvement within AB/DL has been with me since I was a young child. I have spent a vast amount of time trying to reconcile this side of my personality and have tried to deny and suppress it, as it is very different to every other aspect of my life. In school I was in all of the sports teams and I still play soccer (football where Iím from) regularly to a decent standard. All of my working life I have always been in very alpha male environments and am currently a manager within one. It is only in the last year that I confessed this side of my personality to my Wife, which is probably the bravest and most embarrassing conversation of my Life. She has accepted it and been very supportive to me. With this support I have decided to join here and reach out to the rest of the community. Just from reading a lot of these posts I can already see that this community is larger than I ever imagined it would be, and it seems to cover a large cross section of people.

Outside of this I am into most sports, and am a keen gamer. I like sci-fi and fantasy genres with my current favourite show being game of thrones (though I havenít read the books yet).

If I have missed anything out that you would like to know please let me know. I am hoping to be active within this, but may take some time to open up further.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robertwolf View Post
    Hi everyone,

Introductions are not my strong point but I will try to be fairly comprehensive. I live in London and am currently working within the IT industry. My involvement within AB/DL has been with me since I was a young child. I have spent a vast amount of time trying to reconcile this side of my personality and have tried to deny and suppress it, as it is very different to every other aspect of my life. In school I was in all of the sports teams and I still play soccer (football where Iím from) regularly to a decent standard. All of my working life I have always been in very alpha male environments and am currently a manager within one. It is only in the last year that I confessed this side of my personality to my Wife, which is probably the bravest and most embarrassing conversation of my Life. She has accepted it and been very supportive to me. With this support I have decided to join here and reach out to the rest of the community. Just from reading a lot of these posts I can already see that this community is larger than I ever imagined it would be, and it seems to cover a large cross section of people.

Outside of this I am into most sports, and am a keen gamer. I like sci-fi and fantasy genres with my current favourite show being game of thrones (though I havenít read the books yet).

If I have missed anything out that you would like to know please let me know. I am hoping to be active within this, but may take some time to open up further.

Thanks
    Nice intro!

Much of what you say here resonates with me. I can associated with much of it. I can certainly understand the conflict of opposite interests. They certainly don't seem to match in any way. Another connotation that you mentioned is being/working in an alpha male environment. Again such polarity exists between ourselves and our interaction with such an environment. A seemingly vast chasm. One that is often navigable and then expansive and contemplative.

Yes! You will find a large cross-section of personalities here. This community holds mainly it's value in such diversity. So much to discuss. So much to discover.

Welcome!

Hi and welcome. That was a nice introduction. It's also nice to hear that your wife is supportive of you.

You'll find that our membership encompasses all sorts of people from all walks of life, and that we are a pretty friendly, supportive bunch. So feel free to browse and ask questions if need be.

bringmesunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Robertwolf View Post
    Hi everyone,

Introductions are not my strong point but I will try to be fairly comprehensive. I live in London and am currently working within the IT industry. My involvement within AB/DL has been with me since I was a young child. I have spent a vast amount of time trying to reconcile this side of my personality and have tried to deny and suppress it, as it is very different to every other aspect of my life. In school I was in all of the sports teams and I still play soccer (football where I’m from) regularly to a decent standard. All of my working life I have always been in very alpha male environments and am currently a manager within one. It is only in the last year that I confessed this side of my personality to my Wife, which is probably the bravest and most embarrassing conversation of my Life. She has accepted it and been very supportive to me. With this support I have decided to join here and reach out to the rest of the community. Just from reading a lot of these posts I can already see that this community is larger than I ever imagined it would be, and it seems to cover a large cross section of people.

Outside of this I am into most sports, and am a keen gamer. I like sci-fi and fantasy genres with my current favourite show being game of thrones (though I haven’t read the books yet).

Thanks
    Welcome to ADISC. This is a very caring, understanding, explanatory, un-judging and understanding place - You'll be fine on here coz to a degree we're like a big family. Favourite nappy if you don't mind me asking? Welcome again. bringmesunshine p.s my given age is genuine - I promise.

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to join in.

Is Borough Market still around? I heard they were going to do some construction that would eliminate it, and that news made me sad.

Stay dry and happy!

Robertwolf,

welcome to the forums, it is great have another UK-based person here! (As an aside to Ultra Pampers: Borough market is alive and well, I was there at the weekend)

As to what you said about your tendencies being very well-established, mine certainly can be traced back to my childhood. I think that is probably more common than people appreciate.

You will find all sorts of people on this site DL, AB, LG, Little, BF, DF, IC and all combinations. For some one dominates (DL for me). Some have one of the list, others are more complex. We are a wide and diverse group that span the globe. Welcome!

I'm really glad that you have the support of your wife, that will make all the difference to self-acceptance. Just so long as she really understands that this is not a passing phase. She may find There's a baby in my bed! by Rosalie Bent useful. She is married to an AB - There's a baby in my bed! :Learning to live happily with the Adult Baby in your relationship. eBook: Rosalie Bent: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Great to have you here, we look forward to your contribution. As to the world cup - COME ON ENGLAND!!! (From a pro Union Scot)

DLE

Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome. In relation to the questions that I was asked, regarding my favourite nappy, to my knowledge there are not a great number of stores in the UK from which to buy this sort of thing but one vendor (cuddlz) does some pretty decent disposable nappies that I currently use. If anyone knows of any alternative places in the UK to get these from I’d like to know about them. In relation to Borough market still being there, as Sissydle stated it is still there. They have been threatening to close it down and redevelop it for years but it has become too much of an institution and tourist attraction for them to do it.

Thanks again for your warm welcome.

welcome its nice to see more uk based people on hear now
    I have also noticed that their seem to be a shortage of good uk nappy suppliers