Thread: Branding gone too far...

Default Branding gone too far...

I understand many TV shows and other entities want to use their fame to get money in the way of branding, but sometimes, this just goes too far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	21149

Is it me, or is that just wrong (apparently it is a real product)?

I could see a Spongebob diaper, it could be interesting..."Did you make a Krabby Patty?"

In other news: Taco Bell has just secured the naming rights to the Liberty Bell in Philedelphia. It will now be called the Taco Liberty Bell with the logo prominently painted on the side of it.

Default Branding gone too far...

This certainly explains why Spongebob has such a bizzare squeaky voice.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    Is it me, or is that just wrong (apparently it is a real product)?
    Apparently?! Sorry -- there's no way that's a real product.

The way to sell ladies' sanitary products is to highlight the fact that using them won't affect what you can do, and to make the products themselves seem sophisticated and aspirational (i.e. grown-up). The Spongebob brand is the opposite of those things, and Tampax would damage its own brand identity (for products bought by adults) by associating themselves with an unsophisticated brand.

There's just no way this is real... Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Apparently?! Sorry -- there's no way that's a real product.

The way to sell ladies' sanitary products is to highlight the fact that using them won't affect what you can do, and to make the products themselves seem sophisticated and aspirational (i.e. grown-up). The Spongebob brand is the opposite of those things, and Tampax would damage its own brand identity (for products bought by adults) by associating themselves with an unsophisticated brand.

There's just no way this is real... Sorry...
    I agree with tiny here...

Personally if I'd be top-echelon at the company who makes tampax and this would be real, the marketing department would look for new jobs.

RainbowShy

I wouldn't believe everything you see on tumblr. I have personally never heard of these existing. I think it's most likely photoshopped or something by the looks of it. Tampax is far better than that in my opinion, and besides, why would they want to target a show for kids to use as a tampon? It IS just plain wrong so that I do agree on. I also agree with what Tiny said as well.

I do agree that branding does get a little carried away, but if it bothers some one that much then they don't have to buy the stuff. XD

Edit: I did some research on this and found a comment stating these are actually fake:

They’re fake, that model is a model for a spongebob square pants Halloween costume.

Misatoismywaifu

There's no way. I can't believe something like this exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayfromhome View Post
    There's no way. I can't believe something like this exists.
    believe it. thing like this are starting to exist( unfortunately).

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by tai View Post
    believe it. thing like this are starting to exist( unfortunately).
    Highlighted is the inclusion of a word I'd like take issue with. Branding is not a new phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

An example we have in Europe, in horse showjumping it is standard for the horse to sport the sponsors name along with it's own - this trend survives to this day. There was a problem with this in the mid-eighty's when it became unacceptable to advertise tobacco brands in this way.