Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masking the smell

Default Masking the smell

Hi everyone, quick question here. After a messing in disposables do you have any advice on how to reduce the smell of it before it being thrown away like is there anything I can put into it to reduce the smell, I was thinking corn starch :') don't ask why but just a guess haha.

Quote Originally Posted by matty491 View Post
    Hi everyone, quick question here. After a messing in disposables do you have any advice on how to reduce the smell of it before it being thrown away like is there anything I can put into it to reduce the smell, I was thinking corn starch :') don't ask why but just a guess haha.
    Im not aware of anything.

Hmm oh well actually wait! i wonder if saw dust might work hehe hey if it works on vomit why can't it work on fecal matter :')

The best approach I've found is to contain the smell using scented diaper disposal bags. You can buy these made specifically for adult diapers but I've found that the ones for babies are usually big enough. For example, if you're in the UK these cheap bags from Tesco work well.

Dog poo bags work well. You need about 2 or 3 per diaper, but they do the job well.

Well if you wanted to make the poop itself have no smell, try Nullo tablets -- they change your body chemistry to the point of your pee/poop having little or no odor. This'll make the changing process a little less unpleasant, and is worth investing in if you plan on messing often.

If you just wanted a spray that kills the odor well, use FDS spray. It's a spray you apply to the inside of the diaper before wearing or using it, and it'll control the smell very well.

Lozza1979

When I messed my nappy I emptied the mess into the toilet then used the shower head to clean the excess mess off the nappy into the toilet.This would help rid the smell of mess coming from the used nappy as much as possible.Then I bagged it up in a regular carrier bag then into a black bin liner then tied it up.It didn't smell at all.

To be honest though I felt messing in my nappy to be a crap experience.That is it smelled bloody awful and was still a time consuming pain to clean up.You will need to take a shower after as toilet roll and/or baby wipes just wont cut it.

Hmm these are all good point ! Thanks x

i assume you're referring to masking it so no one knows about it. i was gonna say wear a mask, cos then you'd "MASK" the smell.
    as far as i know, double bagging, opening a near-by window and taking a shower after is the solution.
    For example when i lived in a metro region, we had a tiled bathroom floor and hated the idea of messing ones self in any other area of the house, even if i was home alone. so that was the place.
    What i'm trying to say is If you're gonna do the business, have privacy, ventilation and access to a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by matty491 View Post
    I only pee in them. Not much smell.