Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got away from there urges

Default Has anyone got away from there urges

Hi all
    Some days I wake up in my nappy thinking why can't I just be normal and refuse to wear a nappy for a week or so then I end up falling back to them and round and round it goes like a vicious circle
    I was wondering if anyone who has been a ab/dl has ever moved on from there urges for nappies ect and lived a normal life
    Sorry if this seems a bit dark it's just sometimes I see me self never beening happy and living a normal life because of this
    Thank for any help

It's called the Binge and Purge cycle. It's common enough that I will hesitantly say that everyone goes through it at some point. During a binge, you accept your fetish to what can be an excessive level, and enjoy yourself doing it. During a purge, the exact opposite happens. You feel uncomfortable with it, avoid it, and may even go so far as to throw associated items away.

My recommendation? During a binge, enjoy yourself, during a purge, put your diapers away and ignore them for awhile. The urges will eventually return.

This was answered perfectly.nothing much to add here. Our guilt related to wearing diapers is still embedded in us from a young age of being potty trained. We were taught that diapers were not acceptable. Even though is been a long time since that age. The general social law is diapers are for babies. The guilt can be overwhelming sometimes causing binges. After a while, your desires are returned resulting in purges.

Thanks for the help
    Has anyone got any tips on how to accept my self

well, it's a part of you; what other choice do you have?

how you play the game is your choice, but sometimes you gotta play the hand you're dealt. just because you don't have the best hand, doesn't mean you can't win.

I did in my teens. I put it all away in 6th grade and pretended I was not into it anymore and didn't have any interest. But once we got the internet back I would occasionally go into the diaper sites and then I was doing it all the time at age 15 and clearing my history. Then I started wearing when I was 17. I just lucked out I didn't have to struggle with this because my ex boyfriend accepted it and my last one was incontinent and my husband is a AB/DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bby View Post
    Hi all
    Some days I wake up in my nappy thinking why can't I just be normal and refuse to wear a nappy for a week or so then I end up falling back to them and round and round it goes like a vicious circle
    I was wondering if anyone who has been a ab/dl has ever moved on from there urges for nappies ect and lived a normal life
    Sorry if this seems a bit dark it's just sometimes I see me self never beening happy and living a normal life because of this
    Thank for any help
    The urge that I got away from was to try to supress this and it has been so much better than striving against it. This particular urge is abnormal, strange, weird, whatever. That doesn't make it bad and in the scheme of things there are many others with urges that don't fit in with social norms, so in that sense I think it could be considered "normal" if that's important. Regardless, not a harmful urge. There will always be things about us that make us more and less attractive to one person or another. This one doesn't help all that often but it's hardly insurmountable, as we see from the many threads and posts from people who are happily adjusted either by themselves or with others. Focusing on how you manage this is far more effective than trying to squelch it. It's a part of you and it can be a positive part if you address it properly.

The first step is telling yourself that it's okay and start looking for ways to make it positive in your life since it's not going anywhere. Practically, the most effective approach for me has been to make friends in the community. You don't need to discuss diapers with them necessarily, but knowing that you share this with others that you know (rather than just refer to on a message board) can be very helpful and friends are always good.

Tough one, I experience swings a lot. I think most of us wish we were "normal" at certain points, but we are who we are. I am working on building a community, online, as well as locally, so I don't have to hide this as much. In my opinion, that's the only thing we can work on when it comes to binge and purge: to get other people in our life that support this side of us. I have a mommy, who at this point, would likely react to a "purge" with something like "Oh, no little one, you don't actually think I am going to let you out of diapers do you?" So my purge could get sidetracked

Really, the binge and purge cycle does NOT come from our desires, but from our desires mixed with social taboo. I want to be normal because I want to walk down the street wearing the clothes I want to wear and feel like the people around me accept me. I want to be normal because I want to go to a bar and give somebody a look that says "I want you," and have them be thinking of the same thing as me-- to share sexual expression with another person who wants the same thing. Vanillas have this- they want penis/vagina sex, and this is actually their fantasy, in the same way having my diaper changed is for me.

I want shared experience. If I can have and share my sexual expression with others(which sometimes means being non-sexual, ironically) I will be fine, and I doubt I will purge under such circumstances.

So I am widening my social circle, attending local events and bringing people into my life that I can talk about my experiences with. It doesn't deal with the issue of public expression, but I think unless I want to be the man-baby of my city, I will be fine with discrete wearing. I will continue to insist that all of you reach out socially, on a local level, because I truly believe having a strong social network is essential for people who have desires to display publicly, struggle with loneliness, or feel ashamed of who they are. When you get out there, you start to realize that this is NOT a big deal to most people, and it lowers your binge/purge stress.

I've never really suffered from the "binge and purge" cycle... Mine has always been more of a "wax and wane"...

The fact of the matter is... that it's YOUR life! You can do whatever you want because there's no one you have to answer to but yourself.

No one has the right to judge you... unless you are doing something that affects their rights to a "peaceful" life. Wearing diapers in private is as wholesome an activity as you can think of, really! No one else is harmed; you aren't exposed to any crazy risks... How could anyone justifiably feel shame about any of that?!

Personally, I have discovered that I get a bit more... er... compulsive... about the desire to wear diapers when I've been particularly stressed or depressed.

As my anxieties have (slowly... gradually...) abated, I've felt much less desire to wear. Most of the time I just can't be bothered... and I don't miss it, really. I feel better; I get more stuff done. It will always be there (and I don't feel any need to suppress it), but every now and again... sometimes for several days in a row... I know that I will want to be diapered. No fluffy bunnies get harmed. C'est la vie.

I find myself being abnormal wearing diapers when i thought it was just me!!! and now i found other people here like me I come to think now we are all normal!!!!!! just difference that other peoples norm