Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Was Attacked This Morning!

Default I Was Attacked This Morning!

I was out for my run on the Rideau Canal ​this morning when I got attacked from behind. I felt a whack on the back of my head and then the culprit fled before I could do anything.​

As much as it was pretty terrifying, I expect this will be a normal pattern of behaviuor for the next several weeks. I ​rather doubt the police will take any action either..
    ​ ​
    The attached story should explain it.
    Beware the red-winged terror of the Rideau Canal | CTV Ottawa News

​(Every year we go through this).​

Last edited by Starrunner; 10-Jun-2014 at 23:53.

Watch out for the Red Winged blackbirds. Several years ago where I lived in Kentucky nesting Mockingbirds would dive bomb passing
    people even pussy cats walking down the road. It was comical watching when the cats were involved.

Oh the signs of summer.

We had a crow that did that on our farm, and then there is reports of other birds in the PDX area every so often that do the same thing. It is usually the male and the female is nesting near by.

We have the demonic blue jays. Those things stop for no one, and attack anything that's remotely near their territory

acorn

Castle Doctrine, you presented as a menace to his wife and children in their own home. What did you expect, you got what you deserved, take your anti-social behaviour elsewhere.

dang birds are building nests out of are hair.
    Last edited by DitziGermanShepard; 10-Jun-2014 at 19:38. Reason: off topic

I got buzzed by a mockingbird a couple weeks ago while walking into my church via the side/choir door. She probably had built her nest in the bush that was by the door. Mockingbirds are especially aggressive and they'll keep coming back. Of course, it's humankind that has displaced all these animals and we sometimes need to share our space with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I got buzzed by a mockingbird a couple weeks ago while walking into my church via the side/choir door. She probably had built her nest in the bush that was by the door. Mockingbirds are especially aggressive and they'll keep coming back. Of course, it's humankind that has displaced all these animals and we sometimes need to share our space with them.
    Mockingbirds. That reminds me of the time I was growing up in a suburban area on Gatineau. Two Mockingbirds showed up one summer and began terrorizing the cats in our neighbourhood. What ill-tempered creatures they are.

One hot, sunny day, our cat was sleeping under the car in the driveway to get some shade and some quiet time. A mockingbird flew down and landed in front of the car. It walked under the car and bit our cat on the tail. Then it turned around and walked out and flew away. No fear at all. It literally WALKED out from under the car after attacking our poor cat.

Eventually, a big brute of a cat who was homeless showed up and chased the little bastards out of the neighbourhood within a matter of days. He got adopted by a neighbour and we never saw any Mockingbirds again. He put all the neighbourhood cats to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    Mockingbirds. That reminds me of the time I was growing up in a suburban area on Gatineau. Two Mockingbirds showed up one summer and began terrorizing the cats in our neighbourhood. What ill-tempered creatures they are.

One hot, sunny day, our cat was sleeping under the car in the driveway to get some shade and some quiet time. A mockingbird flew down and landed in front of the car. It walked under the car and bit our cat on the tail. Then it turned around and walked out and flew away. No fear at all. It literally WALKED out from under the car after attacking our poor cat.

Eventually, a big brute of a cat who was homeless showed up and chased the little bastards out of the neighbourhood within a matter of days. He got adopted by a neighbour and we never saw any Mockingbirds again. He put all the neighbourhood cats to shame.
    Haha...that's really amazing. Apparently there is a big difference between pampered house cats and those which are a bit more feral. But it does prove the aggressive nature of the mockingbird.