Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Default Religion

Hello again!! I was hoping people would share their thoughts on religion. Or at least share their religion. I will start,
    I am a Christian, denomination being Methodist, and I hold my beliefs strong and dear to me. I honestly am questioning my sexuality, I believe I am gay but not 100% sure, and through religion I believe this doesn't make a difference from being straight.

I have no religion, although I'm tolerant to all religions regardless of what it is. Anyone who dislikes another over their religion is not a good person themselves, and therefore has no right to judge another before evaluating themselves.

Live and let live!

As for my sexuality, I'm in a place in my life right now where I'm unable to give a definite answer. I've had a boyfriend, and I have a crush on another man, although I don't see myself as a gay person, or bisexual. Experimenting with your sexuality is healthy, and it opens you up for a better quality of life and increase happiness. I suppose I'm testing the waters to see what is right for me. Maybe down the line I'll be able to proudly express my sexuality and give an actual answer when it is questioned.
    Last edited by KuroCat; 08-Jun-2014 at 05:49.

Im not religious, spiritual, my beliefs change as I grow older and learn more, and I try to be tolerant as long as people don't impose their beliefs on me, Im bisexual, have been since I became interested in sex, was a tough time for me to accept that part of me when I was younger, Im much better accepting myself and ignoring some folks that have negative beliefs about homosexuality or use religion to spread intolerance.

I'm glad you feel comfortable with your sexuality, EagleScout. That's a very nice thing. I'm Buddhist and agnostic.

I guess I'd call myself an igtheist

As far as sexuality goes, I'm pretty certain I'm an asexual, but I'd be willing to date/marry/etc a man or a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaPlage View Post
    I guess I'd call myself an igtheist
    Yay! A new word! I like it! I guess that would apply to me as I see most religious beliefs as either fundamentally incoherent or just... made up. So, I'm pretty atheistic. I think science, philosophy and psychology have taken the place of religion these days.

But religion is a pretty big thing on ADISC, though -- there are far more religious people here than on any other forum I visit, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of people willing to engage in theological debates if that's your thing, EagleScout.

Religion can be a tool used to bring people together with their shared beliefs about the supernatural... or a destructive force that divides people who think differently. So long as theists don't use their beliefs to promote violence, discrimination, intolerance, hatred, etc. then religion is quite harmless to society as a whole.

If religion gives you a "peace of mind" that you wouldn't otherwise have, then great! If it is a dogmatic guide that tells you you're a bad person for being human (or a "sinner", or homosexual, or an unbeliever, etc.) then it can cause a lot of psychological problems if you let it.

Proudly humanist! I tend not to describe myself as an atheist because that simply tells you that I am not guided by religion or a belief in god, whereas humanists have strong values, beliefs, and faith in humanity.

Humanism is a philosophy informed by science, free of the constraints of a belief in a supernatural being, and motivated by compassion. It affirms the dignity of each individual and believes that service to others is the highest calling. Humanists believe that this life we have on earth is the only one of which we have certain knowledge and we have a responsibility to leave this fragile planet a better place than when we entered into it.

Religion is personall and intimate thing of every person. My is mine. Your is yours... Church (catholic, protestant...) or another (example) "sharia regimen" are mafias. Sure I'll be censored/banned for this...

PS: I've faith into natural power...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    Religion is personall and intimate thing of every person. My is mine. Your is yours... Church (catholic, protestant...) or another (example) "sharia regimen" are mafias.
    Sex is also a personal thing. Some people get it by cultivating a deep, romantic relationship with another person, and some taser a 17 year old hitchhiker and chain her up in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Sex is also a personal thing. Some people get it by cultivating a deep, romantic relationship with another person, and some taser a 17 year old hitchhiker and chain her up in the basement.
    Haha...yes, you had to discover my little secret! Be that as it may, I'm actually bi, so male hitchhikers are fair game as well, if they're cute.

I'm actually a Methodist music director, and though I'm a Christian, I'm also open to spiritual ideas that stray from traditional Christianity. In 2016, the Methodist Church will have its worldwide conference, and one of the ideas circulating is letting individual conferences decide whether they will accept homosexuality, both for their clergy and their membership including same sex marriages.