Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about what to get

Default Question about what to get

I have a quick question, guys. Since i cant really get anything delivered (i live with my parents ATM and even though im 19, theyd throw a fit if they found out i was ordering diapers off the internet), what would you say is the best store-bought (maybe not store brand, but something i can get at wal-mart) tape diaper? preferably one that has a really good max absorption, too. or, if theres no such one, what would you suggest i get otherwise? thanks in advance ^^

Get Attends delivered for in-store pickup at Walgreens. You can call them (or go in person) and order them to be picked up a couple days later. Otherwise, hop on Yahoo yellow pages and find a medical supply store in your area. Call them and see what they carry (Tranquility ATNs are one of the most common, and a decent diaper).

Off the shelf? Best you'll get is Depends. End of story. Blech.

Why not get some sent general delivery to the post office from XP Medical? Very easy to do.

NEJay makes some good suggestions. I just recently had the epiphany that Tranquility ATNs might be available in medical supply stores. Got the nerve to check one nearby, but chickened out and left. (The store set-up was just plain wrong...hard to describe...just anti AB/DL, and very much watched.)

For my part, if stealth or discretion is key, then you can't go wrong with cloth backed. The stuff available in any ol' drug store will fit the bill, and will be dirt cheap compared to the other options. Quality will be so-so, I suppose, but now that I've tried both ends of the spectrum, from Walgreens to Abenas, when you're out and about in public or trying to retain privacy at home, the distance between them becomes much less. The Walgreen's cloth backed (I think CVS has them too) may not feel 'babyish' at home, but that changes in a crowded hallway, or when pretty girls make eye contact.

Go with the cheapos for now. They'll do the job. If there's anything I've learned, that's just about the best many of us can hope for when we go shopping for our toys. And the absorption's really not /that/ bad, in my experience. I'm not reliant upon them though; if I were, different story. Just a couple days ago, I indulged in some Abenas, but now I started thinking about the 'body stocking' (onesie) or pacis. Never thought about those before. Feels like I can just keep buying stuff, but not really get what I'm looking for. I've got the luxury of being able to order whatever--as long as I can afford it--and I don't feel much different than I did under recent circumstances.

Damn...that was pretty cynical, huh? I think I meant to say that you might not need to order from the internet to find some temporary physical happiness.

If you're buying from wal-mart, the best that you can get in the store is the depend maximum fitted briefs. They are not great, but if you are going to buy them, also buy a pack of the depend boost inserts. These are specifically designed for disposables and the do help to make depends a bit more absorbent.

However, NEJay, you triggered my memory. Wal-Mart does do a thing I guess similar to walgreens where it is site to store delivery. I assume how this works is that you buy it online, or maybe in a store (if you have to buy online, you can get a pre-paid credit card, also available at wal-mart. Might be a good idea just in case your parents happened to open your credit card statement or better yet, you don't have a credit card - they are evil but that's another story.)

Anyway, you can buy them online at their website and they will be shipped to your wal-mart, free of charge. I took a quick look at the offerings online and the best I found is that you can get Molicare's Overnight Briefs, buy them online, have them shipped to your local walmart, pick up at store and enjoy. Anyway, here's a link to it. Walmart.com: Medline Extended Overnight Disposable Molicare Brief: Health Care Products

I'm curious my friend, could you explain to us why you couldn't order and have them sent to the post office, I've thought (about) and planned for doing this a lot. So tell us why you can't.

Everyone else already covered the in store options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    I'm curious my friend, could you explain to us why you couldn't order and have them sent to the post office, I've thought (about) and planned for doing this a lot. So tell us why you can't.

Everyone else already covered the in store options.
    I don't know why the OP can't but I thought about doing this myself. I didn't because in Ireland there is miles of red tape to setting up a PO box at the only mail carrier (An Post - Goverment run).

Things like: What purpose are you setting up a PO box for? Are you a registered company?

Also it's only available to people 18 or over

But is that just Ireland that you must be >18, or the US as well?

The purpose of getting a PO box is so that you can order diapers, go to the PO box, and pick them up, as opposed to getting them shipped to your house, where it is obvious as hell that you ordered something.

But is that just Ireland that you must be >18, or the US as well?

The purpose of getting a PO box is so that you can order diapers, go to the PO box, and pick them up, as opposed to getting them shipped to your house, where it is obvious as hell that you ordered something.
    In the US, I assume it varies from carrier to carrier. Competition is good for removing red tape and restrictions.

Reason I ask is my parents strongly dissaprove, and the only way I can get any is say they are something else, which they continually fall for, but the thing I actually ordered to cover them up may arrive after, in that case, I'm screwed.

I think PO boxes are expensive, and not all places will ship to one

Reason I ask is my parents strongly dissaprove, and the only way I can get any is say they are something else, which they continually fall for, but the thing I actually ordered to cover them up may arrive after, in that case, I'm screwed.
    Continue the lie and tell them it's diapers