Thread: Over charged for delivery

Default Over charged for delivery

Well I just purchased a case of nappies online, and despite what their website stated regarding the cost of freight, they have decided to charge me a rural delivery fee, despite the fact that I am NOT within a rural area, according to the post office address finder, and also the head of the courier company who I happen to know.

I have politely disagreed with the persons reply that they are only charging what they are charged for rural delivery.

Pointed out the fact that I did know the head of the courier company. I told them it will be the last order I place with them.

If they want to miss out on $100 sale then I guess that is their loss. First time I have ever ordered online.

Just a bit more convenient to do so, than to try and lug a heavy case of 90 diapers onto public transport, then get the ferry across to where I live and once again navigate through public transport.

I just wish that sites would be honest about their dealings with their customers.

I have avoided naming the company so as to not violate any rules with this regards. It may well not be a violation, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Christopher.

I so know what your talking about!!!! I live in the states and have a friend in tazmania!!! He buys on ebay and ships to me me and i fill out customs forms and forward to him for actually shipping costs!!! alot of people over charge to ship where you are!! I am not sure the difference between you and there? but cant be to much!!! If you want to know actually ship price from usa go to usps shipping calculator enter any us zip and your country they ask for size weight etc I think i send about 5 to 6 us pounds for $100 and first class international under 3 pounds for about $50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    I so know what your talking about!!!! I live in the states and have a friend in tazmania!!! He buys on ebay and ships to me me and i fill out customs forms and forward to him for actually shipping costs!!! alot of people over charge to ship where you are!! I am not sure the difference between you and there? but cant be to much!!! If you want to know actually ship price from usa go to usps shipping calculator enter any us zip and your country they ask for size weight etc I think i send about 5 to 6 us pounds for $100 and first class international under 3 pounds for about $50
    tasmania

Hello,

Well what is worse is that I am in the same frigging city as those selling the nappies. They have certainly lost a customer. I would have spent $200 a month there, but they can go jump.

In the past it was cheaper for me to buy pipe tobacco from the USA even though the shipping cost was over double the cost of the purchase. I was getting 3 pounds in at a time, and it wasn't much less than what you have stated.

We are about 3 hours flying time from Australia. Think of the south pole, and New Zealand is the last stop before there.

The cost of shipping to this end of the world is horrendous due to the price of fuel and the distance we are away from the rest of the world.

Regards,

Christopher.