Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh!

Default Ugh!

Okay, so I try to tape a diaper on, the bottom two tapes have no problem, my legs are snugly secured. However, the top half always turns out way too loose against my stomach. Help?

I think your problem might be that your not tapeing the bottom tapes first and working your
    Way up?

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    I think your problem might be that your not tapeing the bottom tapes first and working your
    Way up?
    +1 on that i do lh bottom then rh botton rh top then lh top

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    +1 on that i do lh bottom then rh botton rh top then lh top
    yup exact same way I do mine

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    yup exact same way I do mine
    Are you LH as well ?

When I want the diaper to fit tight I aim the top tapes in a downward angle on the diaper. It pulls the back of the diaper in more and helps keep it on tight around the front.

I stand and the top tapes first then lower one or ones depending on diaper then its easy to adjust lower to comfort on a new diaper i pull both upper tabs forward to center them before i actually tape them to find perfect spot

Well you could always try doing it standing up. Place the diaper against a wall, and brace yourself against the wall. Pull it up between your legs and as others have said, pull it tight, and first tape the bottom left or even right tape first, then pull the diaper tight and tape the other bottom tape.

Then pull the diaper tight again at the top, fasten one side and once again make sure that you pull it as tight as you can. Be warned though if you pull too hard the tape will rip off the diaper, and that would be a waste.

I have done that a couple of times trying to get one tight. That is the problem with a generic sizing. The only real way to get the perfect fit is to have them custom made, which, for disposables is well beyond the affordability of most, as the manufacturer normally only wants to do it by the container load.

Christopher.

Thenagain- who might indeed use a full cargobox full? It's enough to make us contemplate more cloths, Eh? As least the ladyfolks are doing their conservation part with cups and their washable pads. Giggle- I use washable pads and AIO undies too for a combination of environment/comfort and cost.

The On Topic "reason" is: I've used Velcro strips as if they were tapes on some of my cloth stuff and wow- it works.