Thread: What could this pain be when peeing/holding pee?

Default What could this pain be when peeing/holding pee?

I have been dealing with this for over 5 years now. I think I have a bit of a shy bladder or something, I feel no need to go when I'm out someplace busy, or walking, or whatever. Suddenly the urge will hit me when I enter a more secluded place.

The problem is, it hurts quite a bit to hold it for long once It gets to this stage. I've been trying to find out more about what this could be; I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Anyway, the pain will get more and more intense until I finally pee. If I don't make it there fast enough, the pain can last for hours after. If I get there fast enough though it will go away within a few minutes at most.

I went to the hospital for this once a year ago because it was particularly bad.
    I couldn't sleep and was afraid it was serious. The area the pain is in when this happens is somewhere just above where my bladder would be, but centered more on the left side. Never the right side.

Anyway I got to the hospital and about 6 hours later the pain finally left. I was a little bit nervous to be there, so when the pain had left, I left. For a few days
    after the area was still a little sore.

This still occurs less painfully when I have a bit of a full bladder. What could this be?

It could be any number of things. You need to see a doctor for a complete diagnosis. Even though the pain may go away, the problem obviously doesn't.

Bladder infection, bladder stone, kidney stone and maybe even a tumor of some kind. A doctor will collect a urine sample and if he suspects anything he will order more tests to see what is causing your discomfort. No one here is qualified to determine what is wrong with you, if anything. Only a medical expert can do that.

You are in the wrong place asking these questions. One thing you can do is look at the diagnostic on WebMD. Seriously, a doctor visit is your best bet as everyone else has said.

Quote Originally Posted by Theanine View Post
    I have been dealing with this for over 5 years now. I think I have a bit of a shy bladder or something, I feel no need to go when I'm out someplace busy, or walking, or whatever. Suddenly the urge will hit me when I enter a more secluded place.

The problem is, it hurts quite a bit to hold it for long once It gets to this stage. I've been trying to find out more about what this could be; I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Anyway, the pain will get more and more intense until I finally pee. If I don't make it there fast enough, the pain can last for hours after. If I get there fast enough though it will go away within a few minutes at most.

I went to the hospital for this once a year ago because it was particularly bad.
    I couldn't sleep and was afraid it was serious. The area the pain is in when this happens is somewhere just above where my bladder would be, but centered more on the left side. Never the right side.

Anyway I got to the hospital and about 6 hours later the pain finally left. I was a little bit nervous to be there, so when the pain had left, I left. For a few days
    after the area was still a little sore.

This still occurs less painfully when I have a bit of a full bladder. What could this be?
    Theanine - you will (and should) NOT get a diagnosis "online"!
    The internet is an amazing thing, but it certainly is crap at giving you remote medical diagnosis by a list of symptoms.
    also let say I tell you that it could be X ... you choose to believe this and act accordingly... but it might be Y that would have required a VERY different treatment... bad idea.

Get an appointment with an urologist.... and leave the diagnosing to the professionals with the proper equipment.
    Anything less will most likely result in regrets

Alright, will do. Thank you all for the quick responses.

It's a shame you didn't stay in the hospital until they did some tests and you got a diagnosis. Now you will have to retrace some of those medical steps, but from what you're describing, I think it's something you should do. Kidneys and bladder are nothing to fool with. My wife who is diabetic has End Stage renal failure. I just got her on her home dialysis machine a few minutes ago. It's not a fun thing to do, so see a doctor before things get worse.