Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro & Thank You

Default Intro & Thank You

1) Hello! Who are you?

Hello all.

Basic demographics: UK, 30 years old, male.

Personality: My MBTI type is ISTP (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving).

Iíve always been very inwards oriented, lived in my own world(s) and felt like I never really fit anywhere (not because of my ABDL side, but in general). Iím much more comfortable in small groups of people (sometimes 3 is already too much) than in big ones (I always feel like thereís too much noise as all people are talking at the same time). That said, I do enjoy long conversations about serious topics (like why are we here, I mean lifeís purpose and stuff), as well as about crazy topics and nonsense. Just take a bit longer to trust and start to like people.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

Originally (27 May says profile), I was searching for reviews and experiences with some AB products I want to buy and the website made me sign up to continue browsing. I got hooked very fast and Iíve already read a lot (I mean a very high number) of the older threads and articles. This is such a friendly and supportive place, thanks to everyone who contributes, because youíre really changing peopleís lives for the better. And I now view myself and my weird interests much differently than I did 4 days ago.

My ABDL story is nothing too unique here. I discovered an interest in wetting myself at about 10 and I would wet my briefs every now and then. Diapers never came to my mind, because I didnít have any exposure to them (no babies in the house). I also remember I was secretly trying to dress in my older (smaller kid) clothes, but that didnít last long (I guess because I grew too big for their size). I rediscovered my AB part in my 20ís thanks to the internet.

So Iíve checked AB, DL and Little in my profile. Out of the three, Little prevails, although I didnít know such a category existed before I came to ADISC. My little self is a girl. I donít know exact age, perhaps 8, but some parts of her can be as young as 2 (diapers), while other parts as mature as 12, like interests in music, books, or sports, which actually overlap with those of my big guy self. Especially in case of music, I often feel like I can enjoy it much more as little girl than as big guy. Is that weird? :-) And I like to dance, when no oneís watching. As a LG itís easier to let your emotions go, as other people have also observed. Iíve actually had a girl self since I was 7 (with forms and intensity varying over time), so perhaps thatís why sheís that age.

Other than that however, Iím happy being a grown up man in real life, Iíd never want to change that (too many benefits to lose lol). And sometimes I find real babies and small kids quite annoying (did I say that out loud?) Like on a train or a flight. Iím now at that age when people ask you about settling down and having a family. Totally not ready for that :-)

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

My number one hobby is running. When Iím out running and especially when Iím pushing it and run fast, thatís when I feel alive and strong. Itís also a way to relax and ease any trouble (sounds familiar?) And a way to stay fit and feel less bad about eating junk from time to time :-) I also enjoy hiking, swimming and skiing.

I have wide range of tastes in music, including pop, rock, metal, hip hop, classical, but if I had to pick one, it would be electronic music, particularly trance.

I also like history, including historical movies and novels. If I could choose a period from history when Iíd like to live, it would be Ancient Greece (Iíd be a philosopher) or the Age of Discovery (Iíd be cruising around the world in a ship). I think neither would go that well with my ABDL side and if I lived in Sparta, they would have probably thrown me off a cliff.

I also like any kind of science and enjoy watching documentaries.

And I like food and sleeping (but who doesnít?)

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

This forum has already helped me a lot with my identity and self-acceptance, but there is still a long way to go. So Iíll rely on your ongoing support and if I can also help others with the same, all the better.

My ABDL stuff has always been my private solitary thing and for now I donít think Iím looking for a roleplaying partner or a ďmommyĒ (not my thing at all). But it would be nice to have some real friends (online or offline) who know and understand (no one in my life knows about this part of me).

The end. I promise my other posts will be shorter than this one :-)

Welcome aboard Avalanche! That was quite an impressing introduction. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it.

I think you'll enjoy your stay here. It's an active site full of friendly people, and we'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Avalanche,

Welcome. That is one of the best introductions that is have seen since being on the site. You are certainly in the right place. Welcome to the fold.

I too am a UK based runner (10K / half marathon) into music (all sorts but quite a lot of rock). Myers-Briggs is ISTJ - Classic for a scientist! I'm also a DL with a complex LG side.

I understand the solitary side too. I had been struggling with identity issues till I came here. These folks are truly warm hearted as you have observed. Also, as you can see, most of us have extra facets to our character that the 'normal' world would not be all that accepting of. As far as I am concerned, we are all just a bit more interesting than those that describe them selves as 'normal'.

Good to have you on the forums

DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I can tell you put a lot of effort into it.
    Hello Kimba, thanks for the praise :-) Actually, after a few sentences it stopped being an introduction and it was more like an exercise is self reflection written for myself. It would have looked quite different if written the first day here.

One thing that is totally unfamiliar to me is the whole Babyfur area (I didn’t know it existed before coming to ADISC). I have a little suspicion that you might be familiar with that. I will definitely explore that section too. You never know where your fantasies bring you. When I was a child, I was really obsessed with animals and I always liked the cartoons and fairy tales with animals much more than the ones featuring human characters (like princes and princesses for example).

Thanks for kind welcome (and you were the first, too!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SissyDLE View Post
    Welcome...
    Hello DLE and thanks. What’s E (if DL==DL)?

I’m (was) mostly 3K/5K. It seems that I don’t have the right mind for the longer events (I always did better in training than races). Nowadays I run for fun and rarely race (maybe some Parkrun).

Actually, when I did MBTI several years ago, the test got me ESTJ and it changed to ISTP through some further exercises (it was a 2 day workshop). I felt the E was really off, but it’s true that my work life often requires me to act like E. Cool that you’re a scientist, I’m too (like 20-50% of work). I won’t ask (nor tell) the field, perhaps later via PM (I’m still worried about being discovered).

I agree; sometimes I think that people being too “normal” (boring) is the reason why I don’t seek that much social life. I’m sure everyone has his or her dark/interesting side; some people just haven’t been able to allow that to the surface yet. At the same time, when you meet me the first time in real life, I probably also look quite normal and boring (and unfriendly).

Good to meet someone from the UK, and with similar portfolio too :-)

Hi Avalanche .... and what an apt name that is accompanying your post lol. Joking only of course. A wonderful introduction. Welcome and I hope you soon feel part of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    what an apt name that is accompanying your post
    Yes!

I remember your avatar from other threads. Only now I have noticed that the blue text is your username (first I thought it was supposed to express some baby sound lol). Have you drawn that by yourself? It looks very good and sticks in mind apparently. Or perhaps it was the texts of your posts...

Thanks for your welcome.

Always nice to see more runners here. I just ran a half marathon last weekend on a beautiful cool, sunny morning... perfect race conditions. Do you train for races? It sounds like you push it pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    Hello Kimba, thanks for the praise :-) Actually, after a few sentences it stopped being an introduction and it was more like an exercise is self reflection written for myself. It would have looked quite different if written the first day here.

One thing that is totally unfamiliar to me is the whole Babyfur area (I didn’t know it existed before coming to ADISC). I have a little suspicion that you might be familiar with that. I will definitely explore that section too. You never know where your fantasies bring you. When I was a child, I was really obsessed with animals and I always liked the cartoons and fairy tales with animals much more than the ones featuring human characters (like princes and princesses for example).

Thanks for kind welcome (and you were the first, too!)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello DLE and thanks. What’s E (if DL==DL)?

I’m (was) mostly 3K/5K. It seems that I don’t have the right mind for the longer events (I always did better in training than races). Nowadays I run for fun and rarely race (maybe some Parkrun).

Actually, when I did MBTI several years ago, the test got me ESTJ and it changed to ISTP through some further exercises (it was a 2 day workshop). I felt the E was really off, but it’s true that my work life often requires me to act like E. Cool that you’re a scientist, I’m too (like 20-50% of work). I won’t ask (nor tell) the field, perhaps later via PM (I’m still worried about being discovered).

I agree; sometimes I think that people being too “normal” (boring) is the reason why I don’t seek that much social life. I’m sure everyone has his or her dark/interesting side; some people just haven’t been able to allow that to the surface yet. At the same time, when you meet me the first time in real life, I probably also look quite normal and boring (and unfriendly).

Good to meet someone from the UK, and with similar portfolio too :-)
    You are correct, I do consider myself a bit of a babyfur. I find babyfur art to be very cute. I too have always liked animals.

Welcome Avalanche! Thank you for sharing so much about yourself. I do not run, but I do listen to contemporary Christian music. I like how you are learning so much. I have learned a LOT as well.
    F L

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    I remember your avatar from other threads. Have you drawn that by yourself?
    Yes, thanks. I'm not sure I've got it quite right yet, but he's kind of cute.