Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cars and Stuff

Default Cars and Stuff

Well thought I'd have a look in off-topic and make a thread about cars since it is the topic I know the most.

Here are a few videos of some 4-wheeled automotive beasts that I'd love to own one day.

1st gen Subaru Impreza vs Ferrari F430

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uZaNkIeyk

Amazing Audi Quattro S1 E2, 2.1L 5 cylinder with around 570bhp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmgeMoM0A

Subaru Impreza Group-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeLzPUGfO8

I hope there are car people here otherwise I look like a massive knob right now lol

To be honest my favorite of that group was the audi, always been a fan of their quattro system, and their 5cyl. engines.... I am not a big fan of the subi's tho...

nice videos! but.. i have my own philosophy ... Volvo or die. -.- yeh, i'm a proud owner of a modded 310 HP Volvo 850 T5R... :O omg i love that car!!!! x.x

I'm probably ADISC's biggest Subaru nut. I recently bought an '87 Leone Turbo, sweet old ride. Most people who call themselves Subaru fans think they started with the Impreza, or possibly the Legacy, but oh no they didn't... I do like the old Audis but not the newer ones, and old Volvos are nice too. I love boxy old-school cars too much.

I live in NH US we have mount washington on a clear day you can see Canada and 4 other states at the top it has 3000 foot drop offs towards the top and most cars have to stop half way down to cool brakes!! i go up both hands gripping the steering so tight they hurt when i get to the top at 10 mph they race to the top every year heres the subaru 71 mph average speedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXJYc4CpXA

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    To be honest my favorite of that group was the audi, always been a fan of their quattro system, and their 5cyl. engines.... I am not a big fan of the subi's tho...
    A car I always had an eye for is the black taxi like those you will see in London. Their appeal was heightened after the arrival of child number two, the extra floor space would only have been a bonus. With WW3 going on in the back the real selling point was the glass partition between the driver and those in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    A car I always had an eye for is the black taxi like those you will see in London. Their appeal was heightened after the arrival of child number two, the extra floor space would only have been a bonus. With WW3 going on in the back the real selling point was the glass partition between the driver and those in the back seat.
    they're great for loading-up with people, especially kids. i used to go to school in one (mum says that she used to have to catch me for school, hence the door-to-door service, but i don't remember it like that.....okay, maybe i do remember once being chased around the cab and then thrown in, kicking and screaming).
    flaws are, under-powered engines (seriously, you don't want to stuck behind a black-cab on a hill. come and see me about tuning it up) and american style passengers-flying-all-over-the-place-on-the-bends (if you've ever been in a 'traditional' Yank car, you'll know what i mean).

for me, i like owt simple and easily fixed or improved (although, in the case of mass-produced motors, it tends to be a case of 'finished' rather than 'improved').

The Audi Quattro, any day over the subarus for me.

The ferrari, well personally never been a fan - there is a good number of other cars I'd prefer to own over (almost) any ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi View Post
    I'm probably ADISC's biggest Subaru nut. I recently bought an '87 Leone Turbo, sweet old ride. Most people who call themselves Subaru fans think they started with the Impreza, or possibly the Legacy, but oh no they didn't... I do like the old Audis but not the newer ones, and old Volvos are nice too. I love boxy old-school cars too much.
    Sweet not seen one of those for a while, the last one I saw and had anything to do with the dickhead owner threw a conrod through the block so we had to find a new EA81 engine. As far as I know she is still running strong.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this thing, 2.3L (stroked) 4 cylinder with a turbocharger and supercharger, the end result is 800bhp and that supercharger whine sounds stunning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d54y6JV5U_Y

Never understood why anyone would want to have a sports car, can't really enjoy it anywhere, unless you own a circuit as well

I rather have a car that gets me everywhere, road or no road, and can contain all my bulky stuff. Love my Land Rover for that reason.