Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a bird develop a diaper fetish?

Default Can a bird develop a diaper fetish?

People who breed falcons have an interesting problem with an even more interesting solution. Falcons hatched and raised in captivity are not sexualy attracted to other falcons. They have a human fetish. People turn them on. In order to get a male to ejaculate the breeder basically lets the bird copulate with his head while wearing a special mask designed to capture sperm. He them collects the sperm in a pipette and turns on the charm towards a female bird to get her in a receptive mood so he can deposit the sperm in her.

The reason these birds are sexually attracted to people is that sexual preferences are imprinted on the birds at a young age and stick with them throughout their lives. Since humans instead of falcons were present at the right time in the birds development, known by scientists as the sensitive period, the birds imprinted on humans.

I'm thinking if the critical time period could be determined they could present the bird with a Pampers diaper to get the bird to imprint on that. If the bird had a diaper fetish instead of a human fetish the breeder wouldn't have to have the bird ejaculate in his face.

Research is being done on human sexual imprinting and the researchers are interested in fetishes. Evidence is mounting that many of our sexual characteristics are aquired through imprinting during the first 1.5 to 5 years of life.

Now I know one more thing:
    I never want to breed falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Now I know one more thing:
    I never want to breed falcons.
    Sounds like some falcons may want to breed with you, however... xD

It's very likely because the human is the first thing they see so they think they are it's mother. But if it say a diaper first well it's going to realize quickly it's not even alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    In order to get a male to ejaculate the breeder basically lets the bird copulate with his head while wearing a special mask designed to capture sperm.
    That I want to see

But generally, since I don't have the slightest idea of that kind of stuff, I would first ask, whether the bird really has a fetish or is just identifying as a human in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's very likely because the human is the first thing they see so they think they are it's mother. But if it say a diaper first well it's going to realize quickly it's not even alive.
    Imprinting on the mother appears to be a different characteristic. Baby ducks and geese will imprint on inanimate objects, such as a ball, for their mother. Later on, when given a choice, the ones that imprinted on a ball will take the ball over the mother even if they end up sitting forever in one spot because the ball never moved. Anyway, I believe that identifying the mother comes before any sexual imprinting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astatine View Post
    But generally, since I don't have the slightest idea of that kind of stuff, I would first ask, whether the bird really has a fetish or is just identifying as a human in that case.
    I called it a fetish but that isn't some kind of official scientific designation. It does appear to be a sexual attraction to something that wouldn't normally be considered sexual for that individual, which is what a fetish is.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDL View Post
    Sounds like some falcons may want to breed with you, however... xD
    I'd doubt that, humans are not the only living creatures to have standards.

I'd suggest that it is only human interference at the nest during a critical time, I'm further suggesting falcon breeders deliberately break the chicks bond with the parents to obtain birds that are easier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    oooh, nice shot there

I'd suggest that it is only human interference at the nest during a critical time, I'm further suggesting falcon breeders deliberately break the chicks bond with the parents to obtain birds that are easier to handle.
    Exactly. We know very little of the details involved with imprinting but we know the process exists and in cases like this we can use it for our purposes.

In pointing to how conditioned sexual behavior can persist over time, one may cite how, in 2004, when quails were trained to copulate with a piece of terry cloth, their conditioning was sustained through ongoing repetition.
    Wikipedia: Sexual fetishism

The article quotes this paper: Koksal, F., et al. 2004. An animal model of fetishism. In: Behavior Research and Therapy. 2004 Dec;42(12):1421–34.

Has anybody access to it?

But the overall answer seems to be yes...

And trust me, I'm perfectly happy if the falcon does indeed not want to breed with me...

Maybe your likeness would be more of a sex-puppet for a falcon?