Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed bugs

Default Bed bugs

Has anyone dealt with Bed Bugs? I'm battling these evil little monsters. Any tips are welcome. Please give links to expert advice.

Thankfully no. I have however been told by customers that raid bed bug spay does NOT work!

A few documentaries, such as "Infested" on Discovery point them as near impossible to remove. Temperatures over 110* will fry them I believe, and they do not freeze to death.

Sorry I have no links to share- I'm typing from a cell phone

I have never had to deal with these pests, and I truly hope I will never have to deal with them. I don't know much about combating them, but I have been told that exterminating them involves heating your home to high temperatures (around the range mentioned above by MysticalMelody). At any rate, you are most likely going to need the services of an exterminator to eliminate such pests.

No I have not...
    But honestly, If it ever happens I'll get in the car, drive to the next place where they sell quality mattresses & bedding... and buy a new one.
    Get two liters of gasoline and fry the old one. (well, I guess I'll just drop it off at a recycling facility.... ..but firing it up would be funnier if quite unhealthy / polluting).

Seriously, I wouldn't want to spray my bed with any pesticides and stuff... that would not be a bed I'd like to sleep in anymore.

I'm posting a link below from the City of Ottawa web site. Bed bugs have been a big problem here. Best advice: get a professional contractor to do the work properly.

http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public...iving/bed-bugs

I've known two people with bed bug problems. They are extremely hard to get rid of and do need professionals to get rid of them. They do no stay just in your bed, they get in your closet, carpet, furniture and since they like wood, they get into the walls. As mentioned above, extreme heat is what the exterminators use. You will need to wash all your clothes, too. You will need to move out for a day or two while they heat your house up. Good luck to you. Bed bugs are one of my worst nightmares and I take precautions whenever I travel.

My mom noticed some. She got a new bed and replaced the rug in her room. So far, there haven't been anymore around at her house.

Research and prepare to hire a professional exterminator. It's all you can do. Be prepared to throw some stuff out too and while your house is being sprayed, wash and bag everything.

I say research because you want to make sure you're going to have an honest relationship with the guy, because you're going to have to spray a couple of times a year. I say this from recent and very unwanted experience. Thank god for my landlady who is contractually obligated to spray the house if we report seeing the little sonsofbitches.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfCub View Post
    Has anyone dealt with Bed Bugs? I'm battling these evil little monsters. Any tips are welcome. Please give links to expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by NateSean View Post
    Research and prepare to hire a professional exterminator. It's all you can do. Be prepared to throw some stuff out too and while your house is being sprayed, wash and bag everything.
    This. Unfortunately.

I haven't had to deal with bedbugs, but I had an ant infestation once, and that was bad enough.

I've never had to deal with bed bugs. So I don't know that much about dealing with them.