Thread: Unique Wellness Superio

Default Unique Wellness Superio

Got a sample from a new store Down Under Care for free. They have a huge plastic design on the frint with words like "resealable tabs" and have a very soft plastic backing(softer and less noisy than Molicare Super Plus, almost to the point of "is it cloth or plastic?"). The one thing i don't like is the internal leak guards are two tall or narrow and genrally sit around on/touch your butt checks which can be annoying. Is this normal? I have not done a full test yet.

I haven't tried that run of them. The ones I had were all white with an unobtrusive blue wetness indicator. The busy design on the taping panel of the new run puts me off them a bit and I'd prefer the plastic be softer and smoother but they were a good mid-range diaper.

They're alright once you get ust to them. Id like to try the normal ones. Id say they need the panel lower so you can angle the bottom tape downwards and get the legs a bit tighter. These too have the blue centre area on the inside.

They're quiet and comfortable not to thick either.
    Last edited by Justo; 22-May-2014 at 23:35. Reason: My drawing using slashes and equals didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Justo View Post
    They're alright once you get ust to them. Id like to try the normal ones. Id say they need the panel lower so you can angle the bottom tape downwards and get the legs a bit tighter. These too have the blue centre area on the inside.

They're quiet and comfortable not to thick either.
    When they first came on the scene, I really liked the Wellness Briefs. They were only a little bulkier than Depends but had better capacity and the plastic had a very nice feel to it. Their two tape system (similar to Abena and Molicare) was the best of that kind I had used. Over time, the plastic got thinner and there was a tendency for the tapes to tear the diaper when fastened tightly. They also had a problem with pinhole leaks, which I suppose can also be traced back to thinner plastic. I haven't gotten any since they changed to white but I'm worried that they'll have plastic similar to the Superio, which leaves me pretty flat.

I've found the Superio to be about the best diaper in its thickness range but it just doesn't feel that great to wear, so I doubt I'll be relying on them all that much. The feel is more important than capacity for me, and if I want something really absorbant, I'll more likely use Bambinos.