Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gender neutral almost

Default Gender neutral almost

I am getting better at sewing and almost to the point at making something other than pj's and plushies. I even was able to tell all my friends on FB that I am a little on the girly side and have been wanting to wear clothing that is in woman's fashion: That I will sew to be a personal fit.

Am I the only sissy that likes to be close to gender neutral but far enough to be considered a sissy?

Hey, I'm gender neutral too! I constantly switch between masculine and feminine. I just bought my first skirt a few days ago! :3

I never really liked the idea of a dress because of how uncomfortable the things looked. As for skirts I think about it from time to time. If I do wear a skirt it will be sewn into PJs so that it's comfortable and has a use. Come to think of it that's a great idea. I should try that when I attempt to finish my onesie romper this week end. Thanks for the reply that got me thinking XD

Neutral is fine I am a girly girl my self but know quite a few neutrals and tomboys as well do what makes you happy and comfy .

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I never really liked the idea of a dress because of how uncomfortable the things looked. As for skirts I think about it from time to time. If I do wear a skirt it will be sewn into PJs so that it's comfortable and has a use. Come to think of it that's a great idea. I should try that when I attempt to finish my onesie romper this week end. Thanks for the reply that got me thinking XD
    I'm curious to find out which dresses you're talking about 0_0 I'll find any excuse to wear a dress because its the most comfortable outfit ever lol not to mention a complete outfit in just ONE item xD.

My brother identifies as gender neutral, or as he calls it "agender". I personally don't understand the concept, but oh well. If you say that you are a bit on the "girly" side, i wouldn't say you're gender neutral because that's not very neutral. You could just be an effeminate male, or gender-queer/gender-fluid. I use to believe I was gender-fluid lol boy, was I wrong (pun intended xD)

According to my brother (who is quite adamant about his identity and use to never shut up about it, and managed to beat it into my brain), he doesn't believe he is female nor male, nor that anything he does identifies as such, and that he just "is" but he responds to male pronouns :P, hence my confusion and inability to see the real definition of it, but it seems like you and JadeDL would identify better as gender-queer/fluid if you switch between the two genders :P

In the end i'd say F*** labels and titles because it only adds confusion and anger.

P.S. you should really try dresses, just because something "looks" uncomfortable, doesn't mean it is... also, there are hundreds of different dress styles.. sure, some aren't comfortable (maxi dresses, ball gowns, formal dresses, etc.) but a lot of them are like walking on clouds (sundresses, strapless dresses, spaghetti strap dresses, winter dresses, spring dresses, gingham (SO COMFY ZOMG >___<) etc.) Though, watch out, because you might become addicted xD

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    My brother identifies as gender neutral, or as he calls it "agender". I personally don't understand the concept, but oh well. If you say that you are a bit on the "girly" side, i wouldn't say you're gender neutral because that's not very neutral. You could just be an effeminate male, or gender-queer/gender-fluid. I use to believe I was gender-fluid lol boy, was I wrong (pun intended xD)

According to my brother (who is quite adamant about his identity and use to never shut up about it, and managed to beat it into my brain), he doesn't believe he is female nor male, nor that anything he does identifies as such, and that he just "is" but he responds to male pronouns :P, hence my confusion and inability to see the real definition of it, but it seems like you and JadeDL would identify better as gender-queer/fluid if you switch between the two genders :P

In the end i'd say F*** labels and titles because it only adds confusion and anger.
    Well, I too would say I identify as a more general neutral sort of person. The idea at least for me is while I am somewhat interested in "girly" clothes it doesn't really strike my interest because it's feminine but rather because it's just something I have never experienced being male. I can't say I really feel any attachment to any gender roles or ideas, nor is a gender role really my motivation for any of it. The whole idea of gender identity was just never important to me and has about no bearing on my decision making, so in essence it doesn't feel like I have much a gender identity.

Ok just noticed I posted a similar thread to this one and I feel kind of dumb. How did I forget that I already posted a thread on this?

In reply to the prevues comments:

I also don't like the idea of the way a full dress itself looks on me. I would like to wear something similar to a dress for sleepwear but I think I will let that idea develop little by little as I get better at sewing. I am now considering myself more on the girly side but I want it to feel right. How do you cross dress when there is no room for the male parts?

How do you cross dress when there is no room for the male parts?
    There is, from what I gather it's a lot of tucking of things into places that probably will feel weird but is better than squeezing into it. lol. At least that's what I gather from one of my friends who cross dresses.

CrinklySiren

Ok just noticed I posted a similar thread to this one and I feel kind of dumb. How did I forget that I already posted a thread on this?

In reply to the prevues comments:

I also don't like the idea of the way a full dress itself looks on me. I would like to wear something similar to a dress for sleepwear but I think I will let that idea develop little by little as I get better at sewing. I am now considering myself more on the girly side but I want it to feel right. How do you cross dress when there is no room for the male parts?
    Trust me. If many transwomen can have extra parts that they hide masterfully.. there is more than enough room. For ALL sorts of clothes. Granted, hormones do help with "size reduction", but even so, I have seen and heard about transgirls who are very happy with their... umm... very large parts ~ and they are able to wear swimsuits with everyone around them being none-the-wiser. And yes, tucking is a thing. If you don't want to tuck, you can buy a gaff... but from what I've heard, they can be painful... but honestly; you don't need to tuck for most things. Dresses, skirts, jeans, etc. you don't really need to tuck for those things because they are usually loose and dont put any emphasis on the crotch area... the only thing I can honestly see you needed to tuck for is maybe Maxi dresses (because they are skin tight) and any other really tight clothing including tight skinny jeans, leggings, work-out clothes, and swimsuits. Everything else just takes a bit of readjusting ~ which can be done well enough with a pair of panties :P

Well,

I don't "dress the part" often, but do occasional...less these days oddly...

As I'm immersed in the music and film industry all the time now...there are so many pretty boys and fluid/trans in the industry that it's not even a big deal...

I've worn skirts many times...they are comfortable...dresses too...but I usually have on a corset when I wear dresses...usually outside/exposed as part of the outfit...I have a few custom corsets and the exterior silk is so beautiful it would be sacrilege to not show it off at least to some degree...my favorite one is blue with dragons...

Also, I've never tried to tuck/hide bits per se...but I'm never going to pass as a woman...and never tried either...

But, going out in a skirt or dress, makeup, and just looking "queer" or "glam" is fun...

Nowthat I'm not able to walk much...I just don't go out as much...so not much call for dressing up...