Thread: Comparing different brands of diapers

Smile Comparing different brands of diapers

hey guys..
    so.. i am doing a science fair experiment on diapers (my teacher suggested that i should compare the absorbance of different brands of diapers) however, the problem is that ... what is the difference between the different brands of diapers? the polymer? sodium polyacrylate? i have no idea.. please please help me..
    also... can someone please tell me which polymer is best at absorbing water..
    THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by amisnow View Post
    hey guys..
    so.. i am doing a science fair experiment on diapers (my teacher suggested that i should compare the absorbance of different brands of diapers) however, the problem is that ... what is the difference between the different brands of diapers? the polymer? sodium polyacrylate? i have no idea.. please please help me..
    also... can someone please tell me which polymer is best at absorbing water..
    THANKS!!
    Sounds like you've got some research ahead of you. You may have luck with the big makers (P&G, Kimberly-Clark, etc.) and may even get some samples - perhaps even samples of the gel / beads.

Theres actually alot about this out there on the web, you might be able to lift certain things from the information you gather.

I hope this helps. I found it very interesting and it should help cover what you want. I don't know much about it myself, and while I gave you this because you wouldn't know it was on here, I won't do ALL your research for you!

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...d-diapers.html