Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having a sandbox

Default having a sandbox

Has anyone thought of having there own sandbox, like in there back yard if it was fenced in so no one could see? I wish I could have one but my yard has no privacy, I would spend hours playing with tonka trucks and sand toys if I could.

My dad is building one for my son and it's way in the corner of our yard in the shade and it's pretty discreet because of all the trees and bushes and fences. Now all we need is sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    My dad is building one for my son and it's way in the corner of our yard in the shade and it's pretty discreet because of all the trees and bushes and fences. Now all we need is sand.
    That sounds really nice! I was always told that you should keep a cover over them when not used to keep cats from thinking it is a big litter box, not sure how true that is tho.

It's very true. I remember my sandbox being full of cat poo when I was little. It's one of the reasons I don't have one in my back yard currently as well. =/

My ab level has grown over the years I have not thought about playing outside in fear someone will tell who i am!! as I am a local builder i am afraid if people find out i will lose all my work etc!!! I have a sand pile in my yard bigger then most houses i should think about fencing it in!!!!

We had cats when I was a kid and one of my neighbor's kids told me they were playing in our sandbox while we were away on our trip and they would find cat poop in there and they would just scoop it out and put it on the ground outside the sandbox.

I've often thought about having a sandbox. I too, as a kid, had the big, metal Tonka trucks. I played with those all through my early years. Now I'll have to play with my grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    My ab level has grown over the years I have not thought about playing outside in fear someone will tell who i am!! as I am a local builder i am afraid if people find out i will lose all my work etc!!! I have a sand pile in my yard bigger then most houses i should think about fencing it in!!!!
    Haha that sand pile sounds awesome! I thought of Maby one day buying one of those plastic sand boxes and putting it in a basement if I had one. It would half to be a concrete floor though to be easy to clean up, I don't know how well that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    Has anyone thought of having there own sandbox, like in there back yard if it was fenced in so no one could see? I wish I could have one but my yard has no privacy, I would spend hours playing with tonka trucks and sand toys if I could.
    A sandbox would be nice, but I have to drive to Hampton Beach, NH to play in the sand.

I love hampton beach!!! love the sand and sand castles south side towards rye with the rocks less people