Thread: The internet and *bdl

Default The internet and *bdl

So I was scrolling through damnlol's random section and saw that some poor soul has been posted as a bash against emo kids. You can see his face and everything. Nothing in the pic could be taken as emo other than maybe his haircut. It's just a pic him in a diaper with a paci.

I think the biggest mistake i made was clicking to look at the comments. There were a few people who were defending *bdl's but the majority of comments were just awful, and some were just way way over the line.

This kind of thing is exactly why I try making sure people understand not to post things in public viewable ways. I can pretty much guess that this came from a public fb profile or a Chan board.

I feel bad for the guy. He honestly wasn't that bad looking, not the typically weird or creepy stuff that ends up under the public eye. He was just a normal guy ie not Jerry springer material.

It actually kind of hurt reading the stuff people said. I feel pretty bad about myself right now.

There's a large segment of the culture who don't understand us, and thus find us weird and creepy. Anonymous comments on the net are common, and being extremely negative is a net fact of life. This is why most of us stay behind closed doors. Who wants to bring that harshness down upon themselves.

we all grow up different!!! Me catholic in the northeast learned very young about gratefulness and respect!! we had 2 colored kids in a High School of 600 kids still friends with them today we were taught respect!!! we were taught to respect others as they respect us!! you want to be gay be gay if i want to be gay let me be gay!! I am not gay but if i was you should respect me as i respect your choice!!! so many people today preach what they practice and dont practice what they preach!!! there is to much ignorance in the world toward people like me because they want me to practice what they preach and not allow me practice what i believe!!! To read the posts of the ill imformed and ignorant ones who dont have a clue!! can be hurtful but deep within we are the ones who make the world a wonderful place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    we all grow up different!!! Me catholic in the northeast learned very young about gratefulness and respect!! we had 2 colored kids in a High School of 600 kids still friends with them today we were taught respect!!! we were taught to respect others as they respect us!! you want to be gay be gay if i want to be gay let me be gay!! I am not gay but if i was you should respect me as i respect your choice!!! so many people today preach what they practice and dont practice what they preach!!! there is to much ignorance in the world toward people like me because they want me to practice what they preach and not allow me practice what i believe!!! To read the posts of the ill imformed and ignorant ones who dont have a clue!! can be hurtful but deep within we are the ones who make the world a wonderful place!!!
    I too learned to respect others and to not be judgmental. I am Gay, not Straight, and I do not believe in trashing anyone. Being also a person with Autism and Cerebral Palsy, I am happy being myself.

A larger point here is that once you post something online you lose control of who sees it and what they do with it. If you're not comfortable with complete strangers making fun of you on the Internet its probably best not to post anything that is potentially embarrassing.

I mean, it sucks that they are making fun of him and they shouldn't do it but at the end of the day it's a completely predictable outcome.

That's what bothers me so much about this. It's about respect. Now I know that the world isn't perfect and neither is the internet. I know some people don't accept anything different from themselves, I lived that first hand.

I get that the *bdl world is beyond just a little different and so takes a bit more of a hit. Someone made a comment back to one of the people defending the guy somewhere along the lines of "that he has the right to wear a diaper we have a right to speak our mind". I can agree with that to an extent. Yes you have the right to be a douche if you want but to a point, eventually you cross the line.

They went way beyond that line, I mean it was dark. Way beyond anything most of the trolls on 4chan's /b would say. They were making comments along the lines of abortion, suicide, etc.

I feel like there aren't enough consequences to internet actions when i see this kind of stuff. I get that that's a debate in and of it's self but in the real world someone acting that way would get theirs eventually.

It turns my stomach to see people acting down right mean and disrespectful in such a public place. It's a funny pictures website and not some ib where people act like that normally. You shouldn't be telling people to commit suicide on a website children have access to.

If I had ever said anything like that in a public setting my grandfather would've taken a switch to my backside until those words left my vocabulary. This kind of stuff just bothers me. I'm worried about the next generation. I was raised to be respectful even when you don't like someone or what they do. How are kids today going to act as adults if they grew up with the internet teaching them this behavior is OK?

I think the internet has completely changed the way we live our lives, the way we interact with each other, and how we process information. Every generation has seen cases of bullying in our schools, but those of us who are older never had to deal with the growing phenomenon of cyberbullying, an activity that has been directly attributed to the suicides of some youth in Canada.

I think the impact of the internet and other technology will not be known until many years from now, and we can compare how people who grow up with this technology differ from those who grew up without it. When I was in college, for example, researching a topic meant going to the library and finding the relevant literature to support a position. Now it just takes a click of the button on Google and you can find so much more (the good, the bad, and the downright silly). I still love having time on the weekend to read the newspapers, especially the opinion pieces, but news print is an endangered species because it can't keep up to the rapid pace of internet reporting. As a result there seems to be less depth and analysis. Communication has also changed our language considerably, with texting replacing reading and writing while developing a whole new language of shortcuts and slang. And certainly, the internet provides a level of anonymity where people can post hateful comments they normally wouldn't say in public regardless of how hurtful they are.

Having said that, the internet can serve to bring similar minded people together and reduce the loneliness and isolation many of is feel in our lives. What I wouldn't give to have grown up with a support site like Adisc, and I'm glad it's available today, particularly for the younger generation.

I actually know of the photo you refer to as someone else not to long ago discovered it and made a thread on it.

The lesson to take home from this again is not about some ideological cultural debate about the internet and society in general, it's don't post incriminating photos or information online about yourself that you would regret later doing so because it is beyond your control.

If my future employer decides one day to do some sort of background check on me and see's my whatever titled blog ("Geno's diaper blog") with a host of embarrassing photos I decided to leave public and decides not to hire me as I look like a kooky dude not inline with the company's image...it's not worth it. At all. That's really what's important here, your livelihood, not some Joe Schmo in a comment section with a negative view on AB/DLs and who also vomits his garbage, insignificant opinions in similar places. Not worth anyone's time to get upset over or analyze his apparent motives. You'll get no where. Trust me.

Hence why I don't even allow pictures of me at events or allow my partner to take pictures of me in any kind of AB/DL setting. I love diapers to death and all my little AB items.. but I'm not going to commit social suicide over it. I'd rather not be like that guy at my office who feels the need to express himself in inappropriate attire at any time he pleases and then blames it on society for not accepting him. Put on your damn uniform like the rest of us gotta and deal with it cause your going to get your ass fired. Lol rant tangent example as I'm rather tired of this co-worker bitching about "THE MAN keeping em' down." I guess holding a job isn't that important to him and would rather be a victim of his own ignorance. Anyhoo..

For people that do understand that concept and do so anyway, sorry to say, I have only so much sympathy for. Reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Geno; 15-May-2014 at 02:46.

I honestly didn't mean to turn that into a rant. I was just kind of shocked by all the hate. As a developer I try to teach security, personal safety, and anonymity to people. Trying to explain that to the social media generation is like talking to a brick wall though.