Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is nobody excited for the Gen 3 pokemon remake?

Default Is nobody excited for the Gen 3 pokemon remake?

I'm curious, as I figured there would be at least one thread (unless I missed one?) about the recent announcement by Nintendo that they will be remaking pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

I for one am ecstatic! Gen 3 seems to be pushed under the rug by a lot of people, but to me it was one of the best gens. There was just so much to do, the scenery was excellent and the new pokemon that were included in the game were some of my favorite and still are.

Overall I felt the game was really well done based on the new dynamics they included, new concepts such as secret bases (which we haven't seen since) and just a good storyline. There was so much going on during the story, and then a lot of after-story content to keep the games interesting for weeks!

I for one am extremely excited for the drop of these games in only 6 months! It will be nice to see the already amazing designs rendered in a 3D style similar to X and Y. I hope they do the games justice and include some new areas.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say, other than I am pumped and will be pre-ordering a copy of both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Anyone else?

-Ron

Oh believe me, I've been looking forward to this since the original NDS titles!

However, I've transitioned from being an exclusively Nintendo gamer to an Xbox gamer and then to almost exclusively PC gamer.

I've always found the Pokemon games quite engaging: though you follow a storyline, you can pretty much do whatever you want with your time. And I've completed gen 3 quite a few times. I still take out my GBA and play at the Battle Factory from time to time (although Legend of Zelda: a Link to the past is also becoming severe a time waster).

The problem is much of the Nintendo games worth playing are exclusive, so I would have to buy a gaming system first.

I'm not sure it's worth it for me to buy a 3DS. I know there are many great titles and I really want a mobile gaming device that's not a phone or tablet (mobile games get boring because they're too shallow), but I'm just not too sure... Besides, I'm quite cash-strapped at the moment (cough, college, cough) and I also don't want to waste any more time on games. I was also looking into the 2DS option. It'll be easier on my wallet, no 3-D but honestly I don't care too much about that, seeing that I've played on a 3DS before and I would always turn the 3-D off anyway. Obviously Pokemon would not be the only game I'll get if I do get the system but still...

(It's probably going to end up with me getting an ultraportable laptop with my savings instead...)

Beside the point, which would you prefer if you had to choose one: Sapphire or Ruby?

Quote Originally Posted by wasntme View Post

Beside the point, which would you prefer if you had to choose one: Sapphire or Ruby?
    If I had to choose, ruby would be my choice of those two. Groudon has been a favorite of mine for quite a long time. But, If emerald were remade too, I would easily choose that Instead.

-Ron

Shouldn't be too hard to reconstruct the code for an Emerald remake. As long as they've got the engine down, the game-specific content will fall into place nicely. I've always preferred Water types over anything else. It's just the first thing I go to... First time playing Sapphire - got a Mudkip. Maybe I'm biased... Blue is my favorite color...

Emerald would definitely outshine the competition, but I'd choose Sapphire if I were faced with such a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard to reconstruct the code for an Emerald remake. As long as they've got the engine down, the game-specific content will fall into place nicely. I've always preferred Water types over anything else. It's just the first thing I go to... First time playing Sapphire - got a Mudkip. Maybe I'm biased... Blue is my favorite color...

Emerald would definitely outshine the competition, but I'd choose Sapphire if I were faced with such a dilemma.
    I think that for this time around I'm gonna have to stick with treeko. I loved that line when I first played the games, and I can't wait to relive that again. I've never been big on the torchic line, but I could definitely see myself using the mudkip line.

It's also been rumored that there will be a mega evolution fro the treeko and mudkip lines in order to coincide with the blaziken lineup.

-Ron

I'm excited about it. I've been waiting for this since Generation V. I've been trying to play catch-up since Generation IV. I still don't have Heart Gold though. I got Pokemon Black 2 for Christmas. I don't have a Nintendo 3DS yet. I know there definitely some games I want to get once I get it. Such as the Zelda games, Ocarina of Time 3D and A Link Between Worlds. As well as Pokemon X or Y.

I would be getting Omega Ruby since I have Ruby version. As for my starter, it is going to be the same one which is Treeko.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast View Post
    Gen 3 seems to be pushed under the rug by a lot of people, but to me it was one of the best gens. There was just so much to do, the scenery was excellent and the new pokemon that were included in the game were some of my favorite and still are.
    I don't really understand that either. Hoenn is one of the largest regions. It will be awesome to be able to play the game with X and Y graphics and 3D style.

Oh, like you wouldn't believe. I'd mention why I am excited by pointing out my avatar, but that's probably already occurred to you.

Gen 3 has to be my favourite generation of Pokémon to date, and any news relating to a potential remake was always fantastic in my books. However, what made this reveal so great is because of how the Pokémon games have progressed up till this point. The idea of returning to Hoenn in this new style sounds so fantastic, that I can't help but be excited.

Plus, I really hope that they plan on dishing out some new Mega Evolutions. With such a vast range of Pokémon that have yet to get their own Mega Evolutions, I would really like to see what they can do. And, need I say which Pokémon I hope gets a Mega Evolution. That's right: Muk.

I'm quite excited for it. Gen 3 was a lot of fun and had a ton to do in it, plus I never managed to finish Ruby or Sapphire. I'll probably go with Alpha Sapphire this time around, as for starters. Treeko. I almost always choose the Grass type starter in every Pokemon game haha.

Me and a friend were totally geeking out about the upcoming release. She is really excited for it!
    This was right before a big history exam, so we were being quite inordinate ^.^

Also, we didn't study much for that exam either...

Me and my cousin are major pokemon trainers. We were extremely happy to hear about the remakes.