Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally have an avatar!

Default I finally have an avatar!

Well, I do!
    the source material is an actual picture of me.
    I've long dreaded putting a public picture of myself, but i found the solution to make it discreet enough.

So- What do you guys think?

I think it's good as well as clever. There are all kinds of approaches to avatars. Sometimes we just find a random picture that expresses our persona, such as mine. It can say how we feel about something, or what our passions are. The possibilities are endless.

Cherub

It works. It's you and yet, no one can tell it's you. As dogboy said, an avatar doesn't HAVE to be an actual picture of you. It can be something that represents you in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    Well, I do!
    I've long dreaded putting a public picture of myself, but i found the solution to make it discreet enough.

william... william tell... is that you?
    William Tell Overture Finale - YouTube

(sorry, your profile looks like an archer with a feather in his cap)

I know that a true picture is not a must, but I must admit if feels kinda neat to have one. It feels like I have a genuine presence all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    (sorry, your profile looks like an archer with a feather in his cap)
    Well...Mistaken codfish Is mistaken! Do you believe in faries?

I know that a true picture is not a must, but I must admit if feels kinda neat to have one. It feels like I have a genuine presence all of a sudden.

i know the feels man i know the feels, you get the same feeling after you get your first good Sig. i had toyed with my setup quite a bit but i like where its at now fits my ideals. though im fixing to change my avatar. i asked Ozbub to do me one i just havent changed it yet. you know what i think ill go do that now.

as a former resident of the land of submarines; now home-ported in the land of ferries, both real and figuratively speaking.... my faerie-muse whisper's in my ear to remind me that i have but to look in the mirror should i ever doubt the true existence of fairies.... (soft smile)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    as a former resident of the land of submarines; now home-ported in the land of ferries, both real and figuratively speaking.... my faerie-muse whisper's in my ear to remind me that i have but to look in the mirror should i ever doubt the true existence of fairies.... (soft smile)
    And every time I see your avatar, I am reminded of my childhood, when those glorious, steel Pontiacs ruled the road. My parents owned one for a time, and I loved that car. It was the first car they owned to have directional turn signals! The front seat was a bench seat and the back seat was like a sofa. Those were cars my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    And every time I see your avatar, I am reminded of my childhood, when those glorious, steel Pontiacs ruled the road. My parents owned one for a time, and I loved that car. It was the first car they owned to have directional turn signals! The front seat was a bench seat and the back seat was like a sofa. Those were cars my friend.
    You know... all of this time before now... I never knew that Fiver's Avatar was a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain Deluxe Indian Hood Ornament... even knowing something about her heritage...

Well, I do!

Nice, and nice profile of your face too...

-Marka

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    i remember sitting in one of those cars that my uncle owned, it was nearly new at the time... and he and my Father were going to let me ride in the back on one of the jump-seats in a parade it was going to be in.... someone was running for Sheriff. mostly what i remember is not being big enough to see out of the window unless i stood on the seat.
    they were roomy cars....

PS; Marka.... your just not yet old enough to remember those days. and what days they were too!