Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really wish...

Default I really wish...

This is something that has been at the forefront my my mind lately, so I'm just going to let it go here. My apologies if this is a redundant subject.

Recently, I have been feeling some frustration over keeping this AB/DL part of myself hidden from so many people. Last night, I was out and about, buying some Goodnites because I have no more diapers, and oddly was feeling some sort of withdrawal without them. First time that ever happened actually. Just started feeling odd without having a diaper on.

Anyways, along with my Goodnites, I bought some baby powder and some new pacifiers. I was carrying quite a small bag, so I had to swing it around and hide it, so no one could guess what was inside of it. I had to take extra care when I came home. Our back door opens into a laundry room, and my roommate was inside folding his clothes. I had to sidestep him and dash up the stairs.

It just really started eating at me, and has been for some time. Why do I have to hide this part of myself from people? Why must I have to tiptoe around people, trying my darnedest to hide the crinkle underneath my pants? I mean what gives? Is it too much to ask for understanding people in your life? People who love and support you no matter what you wear under your clothes?

I truly wish I had people in my life that understood my position as an AB/DL. People that wouldn't raise their eyebrows at me buying a thing of baby powder, or hearing the crinkle of a diaper under my clothing.

I'm going to say this plainly, Adisc... what I want the most, is YOU.

This site has helped me so many times since I first discovered this part of me a while back. It is always there when I need a sympathetic ear, or some friendly advice, or even just to shoot the breeze with like minded folk. I was going through some old threads, reading some responses from people on here, and I can honestly say it made my heart hurt quite a bit.
    What I wouldn't give to at least meet a couple of you, just so we can talk, and have a mutual understanding of things we enjoy. It would feel so incredible to just know that there are people around who know what I'm wearing underneath my shorts, and not even think twice on it. It would be amazing to just have a play-date, or hang out, even if only for a little while.

I love my friends I have in my life, but none of them would have any clue about this side of me. None of them could even begin to understand why I indulge like I do, or why I prefer diapers to underwear.

It just makes me think on how I would love to have a few of you around, to laugh and share times with, both good and bad. How I would love to call one of you guys up, and ask you for advice when I needed it. What I wouldn't give to actually get to know you guys, or like minded folk. Don't get me wrong, I really am not a complainer, at least I try not to be. I've just been thinking how nice it would be to not hide this from at least one person.

Sorry if this is too long, I felt like I had to vent. Thanks guys.

"Speak, Friend, and enter..."
    wouldn't it be nice if Fellowship were that easy....
    Oh wait, this is ADISC... and in this place, it is.

but then that is sort of the whole point of your post, isn't it. would that it be as easily to find acceptance out in the world as it is here at/in ADISC....
    i know that you intended your post/thread to reflect a bit of the frustration you feel around what you wish your little piece of the world could be like. but honestly, i want to thank you for this post and other things that you have written. because it's only by opening your self up and revealing your feelings to others around you in community, that community is made. in this case, the community of ADISC.... an absolutely outstanding community made up of your self and so very many others like you. all in need of friends, of understanding, of acceptance..... of community.

with out you, DareYouToMove.... and all the others like you, ADISC couldn't be....
    Thank you for being here/there!

Quote Originally Posted by DareYouToMove View Post
    This is something that has been at the forefront my my mind lately, so I'm just going to let it go here. My apologies if this is a redundant subject.

Recently, I have been feeling some frustration over keeping this AB/DL part of myself hidden from so many people. Last night, I was out and about, buying some Goodnites because I have no more diapers, and oddly was feeling some sort of withdrawal without them. First time that ever happened actually. Just started feeling odd without having a diaper on.

Anyways, along with my Goodnites, I bought some baby powder and some new pacifiers. I was carrying quite a small bag, so I had to swing it around and hide it, so no one could guess what was inside of it. I had to take extra care when I came home. Our back door opens into a laundry room, and my roommate was inside folding his clothes. I had to sidestep him and dash up the stairs.

It just really started eating at me, and has been for some time. Why do I have to hide this part of myself from people? Why must I have to tiptoe around people, trying my darnedest to hide the crinkle underneath my pants? I mean what gives? Is it too much to ask for understanding people in your life? People who love and support you no matter what you wear under your clothes?

I truly wish I had people in my life that understood my position as an AB/DL. People that wouldn't raise their eyebrows at me buying a thing of baby powder, or hearing the crinkle of a diaper under my clothing.

I'm going to say this plainly, Adisc... what I want the most, is YOU.

This site has helped me so many times since I first discovered this part of me a while back. It is always there when I need a sympathetic ear, or some friendly advice, or even just to shoot the breeze with like minded folk. I was going through some old threads, reading some responses from people on here, and I can honestly say it made my heart hurt quite a bit.
    What I wouldn't give to at least meet a couple of you, just so we can talk, and have a mutual understanding of things we enjoy. It would feel so incredible to just know that there are people around who know what I'm wearing underneath my shorts, and not even think twice on it. It would be amazing to just have a play-date, or hang out, even if only for a little while.

I love my friends I have in my life, but none of them would have any clue about this side of me. None of them could even begin to understand why I indulge like I do, or why I prefer diapers to underwear.

It just makes me think on how I would love to have a few of you around, to laugh and share times with, both good and bad. How I would love to call one of you guys up, and ask you for advice when I needed it. What I wouldn't give to actually get to know you guys, or like minded folk. Don't get me wrong, I really am not a complainer, at least I try not to be. I've just been thinking how nice it would be to not hide this from at least one person.

Sorry if this is too long, I felt like I had to vent. Thanks guys.
    It's not too long of a post, DareYouToMove...

It's rather sweet really... I mean except for the angst part.. until better ideals materialize... we are of course here, in what ever way that we can be....

-Marka

I often imagine meeting up with various members, and it would be fun. I'm thankful for ADISC and that we can at least, come together here on this site. I think we are interesting people and have a lot to offer. It would be fun to have a meet up. There used to be one in Boston around Thanksgiving. I always wanted to go, but I'm afraid I'm stuck here at home as my wife can't go far from her dialysis machine. Life has its obstacles.

I believe acceptance is usually easier to gain if someone see's themselves as equal, my best friend although not an ABDL (Not going to tell you what he is, trust and all that) although he doesn't know about my ABDL side he knows others things about me that no-one else knows and the only reason we can both accept and trust eachother is knowing that we both have traits that aren't what social norms class as normal and so we can get to grips with eachother on the same level. I believe that people are becoming more and more accepting now just because people are coming to grips with themselves.

Don't get me wrong though some people still haven't hit that plane of understanding yet and may never and so I agree with you, I would love to meet up with like minded folk and although we would all know of eachothers secrets we could act normal as if nothing were to be any different but if need be we could lend an ear and helping hand.

One day you'll find someone who is completely accepting of who you are, one day you'll find that one person but until then it's a waiting game and albeit cruel and tedious at least there is a light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel. (I say this not because I believe in fate but because I believe in statistics, there is always bound to be that one person.)

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    "Speak, Friend, and enter..."
    wouldn't it be nice if Fellowship were that easy....
    Oh wait, this is ADISC... and in this place, it is.

but then that is sort of the whole point of your post, isn't it. would that it be as easily to find acceptance out in the world as it is here at/in ADISC....
    That was absolutely the point. I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but I get equally frustrated between having to hide this lifestyle from everyone I know, and also not personally knowing anyone who engages in similar activities.
    Nice point made with LOTR, by the way. "What is the elvish word for friend?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I often imagine meeting up with various members, and it would be fun. I'm thankful for ADISC and that we can at least, come together here on this site. I think we are interesting people and have a lot to offer. It would be fun to have a meet up. There used to be one in Boston around Thanksgiving. I always wanted to go, but I'm afraid I'm stuck here at home as my wife can't go far from her dialysis machine. Life has its obstacles.
    That sounds absolutely perfect, but unfortunately Boston is a bit far out of the way. It would be amazing to organize such a thing for Adisc, I would be an active participant in such activities.
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I took the bus to college back when I was attending, and everyday there was a couple of older women who boarded the bus in order to go for all day dialysis. Not exactly the most engaging of activities.
    Life indeed has its obstacles, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneToBeDiscovered View Post

One day you'll find someone who is completely accepting of who you are, one day you'll find that one person but until then it's a waiting game and albeit cruel and tedious at least there is a light at the end of the metaphorical tunnel. (I say this not because I believe in fate but because I believe in statistics, there is always bound to be that one person.)
    I have to believe this is true, otherwise I'd go half insane.

i think, but am not sure as i am a rabbit, not an elf...
    but i think it's "mellon"

The Walls of Moria LOTR 1.14 [HD 1080p] - YouTube //direct skip to the door seen in lord of the rings.

Yea would be nice if we knew who else was ab/dl in the real world, but for now this will have to do I guess.

It's what's kept me going all this time XP

Quote Originally Posted by DareYouToMove View Post

That sounds absolutely perfect, but unfortunately Boston is a bit far out of the way. It would be amazing to organize such a thing for Adisc, I would be an active participant in such activities.
    I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I took the bus to college back when I was attending, and everyday there was a couple of older women who boarded the bus in order to go for all day dialysis. Not exactly the most engaging of activities.
    Life indeed has its obstacles, my friend.- - - Updated - - -
    You can see why my wife is so supporting of me. It's because I'm supportive of her as I'm her home dialysis partner. But this is what a good marriage is about: give and take. What makes all of this work is love. We love each other unconditionally. This is who you need to find; someone who loves you for your strengths and your frailties.