Thread: I Lie Awake

Default I Lie Awake

Another video?

I know right...

Well, I don't record a lot of my own songs and I wanted to share this one too since It's one that I wrote.

I have many other songs but they aren't recorded yet.

BabyMitchy you have amazed me with your willingness to just stick it out there. It takes alot of guts, that's for sure! I am jealous.

Your song has a 90's vibe to it. I was particularily amused at your Queen / pawn reference and enjoyed the mystery behind the lyrics. It seemed to dive in and out of feeling jubilation of gaining affection and then rejection. I could totally imagine this with alot stronger amplitude behind the vocals and a chorus or open intrumental break. Perhaps even a lively climax at some point.

Thanks for sharing.

yep, thanks for the sharing (yet again).
    i don't think that the singing was as strong as on the previous, but maybe you'd limbered up your vocal chords on that one (?)
    oh, and is that a Coke glass?

other than that, when are we going to see you swinging from a wrecking-ball in your undies???

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post

Another video?

I know right...

Well, I don't record a lot of my own songs and I wanted to share this one too since It's one that I wrote.

I have many other songs but they aren't recorded yet.
    No... it's not terrible! I think it is acceptable... To answer what you said at the end of the vid...

This isn't American Idol or any of those talent shows...

From one who can't... so teaches... some issues with tone and pitch... which may have as much to do with your posture (sitting position)... and maybe you not wanting to be too loud for the house...??

I like your voice... I think you're holding back... too timid?? Maybe modulation ...but, I wouldn't want to tempt you to go over the top the other way either...

It may be that this is such a personal contribution for you... that the emotion is getting the better of you... we do need emotion in it though, so don't go 'robot' on me

You may need your phones either more loud, or quieter to monitor your pitch...?

The bottom line for me is... I found this inspirational and fun, in-spite of the heart-reaching lyrics, and (feel free to post or PM your specific setup) I have the trial of OtsAV, and originally had OtsJuke for some of my sound conditioning software... I used to do remastering, and live sound mix...

I liked your self duet too... I've toyed with the idea of doing a personal piece for ADISC... music or music video... But, I'm a long ways from that...

If you get nothing else from my reply... I liked it, and I appreciate your gift to us!

Something reminiscent of T-Rex Cosmic Dancer *listen to it with your phones on, to get the nuances!*

Thank you BabyMitchy!!
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    other than that, when are we going to see you swinging from a wrecking-ball in your undies???
    Undies? psssshaw... Now a diaper on the other hand...

Also, I agree it can be better and I plan on doing it again all over remastering it if I ever do a real music video.