Thread: Got some new Tena Slip breathable.

Lozza1979

Default Got some new Tena Slip breathable.

Hi

I got some of the new Tena Slip breathable a couple of days ago and wanted to tell you what I thought in relation to the plastic backed ones.As you may know Tena decided to make their nappies cloth backed instead of plastic backed.I got some Tena Slip plus the other day the breathable ones, although I was hoping for the regular plastic ones, but the company sent me those.I was kind of disappointed but was curious to see what the new ones were like also.

First of all the absorbancy was pretty much the same.They are very comfortable and true to Tenas word they seem better on the skin and make less noise under clothes.I don't feel the odor control was as good as the plastic backed ones and also when they get wet they tend to start sliding down your hip.

The sticky tabs on them are actually okay and haven't bust on me yet even after re-sealing them once or twice.This doesn't change the fact that after a period of wearing they seem to become loose especially after wetting and need re-fastening again.However after doing so they become a little loose again shortly after.I found underwear over the top sorts this out, but with the plastic backed ones they would stay up well even after getting wet.When they are dry though they will stay up without needing any support.

In short they are very comfy and hold up well when dry.The tapes don't bust even after a re-seal and are less noisy under clothes and I dare say they are better for the skin for long term use.The absorbancy seems just as good.But they don't hold up as well as the plastic ones so when you wet them you will need underwear or trousers over the top to keep the nappy in place.The tapes don't break on these but they didn't on the old ones either.The odor control isn't as good as the plastic ones.

It seems they have improved in some ways and not in others.Personally I prefer nappies that hold up even when wet and there are plenty of bands that can do that.

Can't wait for these to hit U.S. shores. As much as I like the plastic ones I don't like the backing of them.

bringmesunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    Hi

I got some of the new Tena Slip breathable a couple of days ago and wanted to tell you what I thought in relation to the plastic backed ones.As you may know Tena decided to make their nappies cloth backed instead of plastic backed.I got some Tena Slip plus the other day the breathable ones, although I was hoping for the regular plastic ones, but the company sent me those.I was kind of disappointed but was curious to see what the new ones were like also.

First of all the absorbancy was pretty much the same.They are very comfortable and true to Tenas word they seem better on the skin and make less noise under clothes.I don't feel the odor control was as good as the plastic backed ones and also when they get wet they tend to start sliding down your hip.

The sticky tabs on them are actually okay and haven't bust on me yet even after re-sealing them once or twice.This doesn't change the fact that after a period of wearing they seem to become loose especially after wetting and need re-fastening again.However after doing so they become a little loose again shortly after.I found underwear over the top sorts this out, but with the plastic backed ones they would stay up well even after getting wet.When they are dry though they will stay up without needing any support.

In short they are very comfy and hold up well when dry.The tapes don't bust even after a re-seal and are less noisy under clothes and I dare say they are better for the skin for long term use.The absorbancy seems just as good.But they don't hold up as well as the plastic ones so when you wet them you will need underwear or trousers over the top to keep the nappy in place.The tapes don't break on these but they didn't on the old ones either.The odor control isn't as good as the plastic ones.

It seems they have improved in some ways and not in others.Personally I prefer nappies that hold up even when wet and there are plenty of bands that can do that.
    Lozza, could you put some of these views of yours in my thread Tena Slip boycott? I just feel it's a good place for them (your thoughts). Thanks in advance. BMS

- - - Updated - - -

The thread is called UK: Tena Slip Boycott? Also It's wonderfully sunny down here in my 'neck of the woods'! BMS

Tena Slips were pretty much perfect. Slim, absorbent, don't clump like Molicare, and best of all plastic faced. A DL's dream. Like all things they have been 'improved' and you say they no longer stay up when wet and the tabs do not stick to the new fabric.
    I am not sure what use a diaper that does not stay up has, even for non DL's, other than those who are bed ridden. The world is going to hell on a handcart.
    I have a couple of month's supply left and then on to the lesser diaper Cuddlz plain. Farewell Tena.
    Let's hope they trawl this forum for views.