Thread: Greetings! I thought it was time to stop lurking!

Default Greetings! I thought it was time to stop lurking!

I've been lurking about here for about a month since I learned my fiance is an ab/dl. Two years of dating, and a month before the wedding...SURPRISE!

I needed some more information as he is still pretty shy about talking about it. Information like: What would he like to do? What would he like me to do? Where do I find stuff for him? (That jumpinjammerz site was a big win, thanks guys). I enjoy getting my newly discovered little presents!

Speaking of which these:

Amazon.com - Micro Fleece Blanket with Satin Binding Full/ Queen Wedgewood Blue - Bed Blankets

make nice giant baby blankets.

I have a bit of a bsdm background, so this really isn't a big deal in a way, an interesting twist, actually.

Other than that, I'm a attending doctor for a large local hospital, like gourmet food and wine, and cars with lots of horse power.

Thank you for all the help guys, even if you didn't know that was what you were doing.

Not all of us run screaming for the hills.

Hello Ladyfur and welcome to the group.

I would suggest that you take a look at our Foodie Group. There is a recipe share set up and a few other things of food and cooking interest.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyfur View Post
    I've been lurking about here for about a month since I learned my fiance is an ab/dl. Two years of dating, and a month before the wedding...SURPRISE!
    So is the wedding still on?

- - - Updated - - -

That's always good to hear!

omg!!! you married yet!!! kidding of course ab universe.com xp medical .com is a great start. and dont be afraid to try you may be addicted lol best of luck and congrats!!!!!!

So is the wedding still on?
    Hells to the yeahs!!! Can't wait! May 31st!

I'm a little more of a dom/caretaker, but I really get behind these footed pajamas!!! Baby steps, right? (Har-har!)

Lol good on ya!
    I'm finding this somewhat funny and happy at the same time, 'a month before the wedding.. SURPRISE!'.

Telling you his biggest secret means that he trusts you without limitation and holds you close to his heart. Congratulations!

And welcome to this community of bubbly and interesting characters

Welcome Ladyfur,

I can relate a lot to your situation. I am getting married next month. We started talking in Sept. 2012 and then about a week ago I found out I was DL. I told him already and we are closer than ever because of it. I honestly was not trying to hide it from him, I just did not know it was a condition/lifestyle, so my mind just didn't wrap around the idea until I got to.read about other's experiences.
    F.L.

I needed some more information as he is still pretty shy about talking about it. Information like: What would he like to do? What would he like me to do? Where do I find stuff for him? (That jumpinjammerz site was a big win, thanks guys). I enjoy getting my newly discovered little presents!

Speaking of which these:

Amazon.com - Micro Fleece Blanket with Satin Binding Full/ Queen Wedgewood Blue - Bed Blankets

make nice giant baby blankets.

I have a bit of a bdsm background, so this really isn't a big deal in a way, an interesting twist, actually.

Other than that, I'm an attending doctor for a large local hospital, like gourmet food and wine, and cars with lots of horse power.

Thank you for all the help guys, even if you didn't know that was what you were doing.

A belated welcome, Ladyfur!!

The doctor is in...

I hope you'll take kindly to my attempts at humor...

Surprise Is Right! Sounds like a game show...

I think we need a new 'Muscle-car' designator... a GTFO! (think Pontiac GTO)

I used to work in the ER/ED... as a Unit Clerk (mostly 3rd-shift)... Does Hospital staff still eat popcorn out of a bedpan??

Now for a bit of seriousness... you have become quite the prize for your intended Matrimonious partner!! Congratulations to the both of you!
    With all of this excitement, and apparent bliss... I would throw a caution your way... meter it out a bit, pace yourselves... it's one thing to relieve pressure on the brain...but don't bleed out for crying out loud... right??

At very least... your going to need something for later... and I assume you don't want him to loose his mind either...

You've got some good information...but you may need more...something unfortunately (for the fun in this)... that may need be a bit more practical too... I'm sorry!

Now, you didn't exactly request a consult... forgive me if I have trespassed... and please forgive my audacity, should I seem a bit too sure of myself...

Though it's far from a code-blue, and so far I'm not required to carry malpractice insurance... Lives are at stake here... or at least livelihoods...

I'd like to input for the long-haul... I don't have either Greek nor Latin terminology for this... but let's be cautious... that we don't merely treat the symptoms...

I sincerely wish you both the best! ...and I would like to invite you both to join us for a bit longer... I would like to see your fiance learn more about himself... and not simply be indulged... only because I fear a significant imbalance to both of your lives otherwise... I mean it doesn't have to be here at ADISC, though I think you've discovered that it's a pretty darn good place to start anyway... and you are welcome to tell me to GTFO...

I would be remiss to merely congratulate you... and walk off... however, I intend absolutely no discouragement either... to be clear...

Respectfully, and with much kindness,
    -Marka

bringmesunshine

And when you don't run screaming for the hills you're a saint, I love it when there's a happy ADISC coupling, paring or marriage. Is your fiance on here as well? Who is he...of course you don't have to answer that worry you not - I'm not a pryer! Anyhoo...good luck to the pair of you. BMS

Quote Originally Posted by bringmesunshine View Post
    And when you don't run screaming for the hills you're a saint, I love it when there's a happy ADISC coupling, paring or marriage. Is your fiance on here as well? Who is he...of course you don't have to answer that worry you not - I'm not a pryer! Anyhoo...good luck to the pair of you. BMS
    I believe he has been lurking here for years. He is very shy about talking about it. What really got him to finally open up about it was a certain honesty and closeness promoting drug, and even with that it was over three sessions each a week apart. Now that its all out, with all its details from age 5 to adulthood, he has been about the happiest I've ever seen a person.

I used to work in the ER/ED... as a Unit Clerk (mostly 3rd-shift)... Does Hospital staff still eat popcorn out of a bedpan??
    Not in our department! We have assorted pastries in the conference room! We also have residents, who traditionally provide attendings with baked goods. :-)

Now for a bit of seriousness... you have become quite the prize for your intended Matrimonious partner!! Congratulations to the both of you!
    With all of this excitement, and apparent bliss... I would throw a caution your way... meter it out a bit, pace yourselves... it's one thing to relieve pressure on the brain...but don't bleed out for crying out loud... right??
    Thank you! I know, I don't want it to become the only thing we do, but so far the plan is to make a planned playdate with his little, like once a weekish. A diapering, an age appropriate movie, or ponies, dinosaur chicken nugget and tater tots, whatever he wants really. I'll figure some more stuff out to do. Christmas should be fun.

In all seriousness though, as the spectrum of fetishes go, this is the sweetist kink of them all, at least to me, because it comes from a place of closeness, love, and security...how could I have a problem with that? Also, footie pajamas are far more comfortable than corsetry and patent leather boots with six inch heels. Although I was thinking of perhaps having an outfit made for playtime... American McGee's Alice? Dark gloomy babysitter anyone?