Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting diaper from China...

Default Interesting diaper from China...

OK, I realize I spend waaaaay too much time looking at diapers online. Oh well, everyone needs a hobby :p

In my *ahem* research, I found a chinese manufacturer who is mimicking Abena diapers.

Dry Care Sexy Adult Diaper Overnight - Buy Adult Diaper Overnight,Dry Care Adult Diaper,Sexy Adult Diaper Product on Alibaba.com

I find it funny that they are marketing them as Dry Care, which is even another brand, and calling them sexy. Now if we could only get domestic manufacturers of adult diapers to be so daring...

Lots of options for buying direct from he supplier. The diapers are very inexpensive but the shipping would be crazy expensive.

Your not the only one spending a lot of time looking at diapers online!!!! diapers from china for 20 cents each ill have to try it , only if you dont have to buy 100,000 min

I've contemplated contacting one of these guys and seeing if they would make a diaper to a specific set of cut/shape specs...I would love to make a diaper that is actually correctly scaled to baby diapers, instead of this weird tight-to-the-body medical stuff I see everywhere.

Yeah, these ads are for wholesalers looking to buy a full 40 foot shipping container load. Before Bambino Diapers, I was in contact with a manufacturer there, tried some samples, and almost started an ab/dl specific diaper. I had the money, just didn't have the guts :p Looking at all of the AB/DL sellers these days, I kind of wished I had gone ahead with it. I was afraid of ordering a whole container load, and have something inferior arrive on my doorstep. Either that, or having it held up in customs.

It would be so much better if we had a manufacturer here willing to entertain such ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    I've contemplated contacting one of these guys and seeing if they would make a diaper to a specific set of cut/shape specs...I would love to make a diaper that is actually correctly scaled to baby diapers, instead of this weird tight-to-the-body medical stuff I see everywhere.
    I used to dream about a genuine baby diaper being "up-sized" to an adult. I think that even if they did that, it wouldn't look identical. When a body grows from an infant to an adult, the proportions change as well as the size. Found this to illustrate: http://www.coachr.org/growth3.jpg

It seems like the learning curve of adult diapers is pretty long when it comes to incorporating baby diaper features, but it does happen eventually. Look how long it took for the first cloth-like adult diaper to come out compared to when they appeared in baby diapers. We are now starting to get stretchable side panels and velcro tabs. The closest to a current baby diaper I have found for adults is the Fit Right diaper from Medline

- - - Updated - - -

If I were to dream and make a baby diaper to an adult size, I would make an adult version of Luvs Deluxe. Man, those were the best diapers. Thick, smooth, and had an awesome scent.

Quote Originally Posted by thickdiapers View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I used to dream about a genuine baby diaper being "up-sized" to an adult. I think that even if they did that, it wouldn't look identical. When a body grows from an infant to an adult, the proportions change as well as the size. Found this to illustrate: http://www.coachr.org/growth3.jpg

It seems like the learning curve of adult diapers is pretty long when it comes to incorporating baby diaper features, but it does happen eventually. Look how long it took for the first cloth-like adult diaper to come out compared to when they appeared in baby diapers. We are now starting to get stretchable side panels and velcro tabs. The closest to a current baby diaper I have found for adults is the Fit Right diaper from Medline

- - - Updated - - -

If I were to dream and make a baby diaper to an adult size, I would make an adult version of Luvs Deluxe. Man, those were the best diapers. Thick, smooth, and had an awesome scent.
    Yeah...having diapers like Luvs would be awesome!

The biggest issue with scaling is the change in hip size and crotch length. I've spent several years experimenting with cloth designs to make diapers with a babyish appearance and I've had some success (see my gallery here).

The padding of baby diapers is approx. 80% the 2D width of the hips (the flat width, like a photograph--not the actual waist), which comes to a padding dimension of about 9 inches when you actually project this onto the hips. Then, you've got to have another 3-4 inches of droop to get that "poofy" appearance (instead of the sucked-in bikini-feeling appearance). The problem is that by doing this, the width of your diaper begins to approach 15-17 inches on one side...meaning if you are 30-inch waist person (like me), that before you even add the tabs to the side the back and rear padding begin to overlap awkwardly....and that your tabs are going to be <2 inches wide each. Granted, this is about correct for baby diapers...

...but to achieve the aesthetic appearance that allows for appropriately-sized tabs/wings, you need to do a weird diamond-ish shape in the crotch such that the waist width is smaller than the width in the crotch. This way, you can have wings that begin at a distance 10% from the edge of the hips, but that you have that excess width in the crotch to give that "droop" and feeling of full coverage.

EVEN STILL...to achieve that droop, you have 3-4 inches of plastic material with no padding on it (look at a baby diaper to see this)...and this goes completely against the standards today, with having padding go aaaaalll the way to the leg elastic. Personally, this drives me nuts because it feels weird. Yet, this is how you prevent leaks...the same goes for cloth pocket diapers; you've got the have padding to the leg elastic, or urine can leak out the sides because it is not absorbed around the legs...so yeah. This is a pretty frustrating problem for me to solve.

(granted, in the picture below these are designs for a pull-up style cloth diaper...I have designs otherwise in my gallery)

well xp medical has the machinery and tech. designing the new absorbancy plus 4!! Why cant there recreate adult pampers? lets face it theres a market for them

I'm sure the Chinese would love to have every last one of us (US citizens) in diapers. Could you imagine what the world opinion would be.

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    well xp medical has the machinery and tech. designing the new absorbancy plus 4!! Why cant there recreate adult pampers? lets face it theres a market for them
    I am 99.9% certain that XP doesn't manufacture their own product. I think they have taken an existing diaper, and had it modified to their specifications. I recently bought these diapers and found them to be nearly identical in appearance, but not as thick as the XP medical version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    (granted, in the picture below these are designs for a pull-up style cloth diaper...I have designs otherwise in my gallery)
    Wow, I would buy this diaper in an instant. Looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by thickdiapers View Post
    Wow, I would buy this diaper in an instant. Looks awesome!!
    Hey, thanks! ^_^

Only problem is that I don't know a thing about grading (resizing) patterns.

I was working with somebody here for a little bit to design a snap-button diaper, and it fell through because I didn't have enough money/resources and didn't know how to grade the pattern. I really need to find some expertise there...and that's where I've considered approaching manufacturers that work in that domain. Cloth diapers are cool...but they aren't as popular as the disposables out there...and they are hella' expensive. ($25-$30 for materials...and I know the pattern needs professional refinement unless you want the cost higher due to labor of sewing an industrially-poor pattern) Still, I have considered starting an Etsy for my cloth designs...

Either way, disposables would need work also...in both cases, eventually working with the manufacturer to make prototypes. And it has to be disposables, because the cloth ones probably wouldn't sell in this community as well as disposables would. Prototyping from cloth-based designs might be challenging. If you know somebody...