Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared, unsure, read this. I'll help, too, if possible.

Post Scared, unsure, read this. I'll help, too, if possible.

Kathi Stringer is the only doc I know who tells haters to leave us alone! What is True Infantilism?. Here's the original article. There're other good links on the site, but take my advice, if you read the part on "splitting" don't scare yourself. She's not calling you a "multi" or anything. It might be helpful if you're scared, or unsure of yourself. It's kinda hard to read if you're not a psych nerd, like me, but haters need a kick in the tush to get it. Once a shrink tells them to back off, they may. That's the hope anyway.

My fear is, it's so psychobabble, that the people you show it to might not get it. I want to help. I certainly wish it was easier to read.

I prefer the term Littlism. It's more inclusive.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 30-Apr-2014 at 00:37.

That's a very good article and probably the first I've seen that treats this issue seriously, truthfully and insightfully. I noticed you had posted it on another thread earlier but didn't had time to read it then.

It's also amazing how it describes me and my relation with abdl, not all but a good part of it, especially the sections 1.True Infantilism, 2.Transitional Object vs. Fetish, 4.The Libidinous Component and 5.Fragmentation and a Continuous Sense of Self. It also seems to answer some questions about why I have it.

I started having urges about regressing around 3 or 4 years old but were very scarce and only a few occasions, eventually becoming dormant and almost non-existent until puberty when the regressing urge came back stronger and now attached to sexual and arousing feelings. And all of this is in that article so kudos to (Dr?) Kathy Stringer and you as well SpAzpieSweeTot because if I remember correctly from the other thread you got to help with the article/study correct?

This comes up here every year or so. This past thread had the most meat on it: https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...-about-us.html. It seems to me like it's an attempt to sound definitive about something that is not well researched and about which little is known for certain. The whole "true infantilism" tag immediately rankles as much as I try not to get bogged down in labels. In short, it doesn't do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This comes up here every year or so. This past thread had the most meat on it: https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...-about-us.html. It seems to me like it's an attempt to sound definitive about something that is not well researched and about which little is known for certain. The whole "true infantilism" tag immediately rankles as much as I try not to get bogged down in labels. In short, it doesn't do much for me.
    It doesn't do much for me either. (The term, not the article itself.) Makes us all sound like permaregressed balls of goo. Anyhoo, only reason I think it's kinda cool is, it gives a good number of us something to point to & say to haters, "ba ba ba zip it! I don't care! Doc says you're mean! Raspberries in your general direction!"
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 30-Apr-2014 at 13:56.

This article was well done. Thank you for sharing it. A lot of great info in here, especially with the transvestite / transexual analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnni View Post
    if I remember correctly from the other thread you got to help with the article/study correct?
    Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but no; I didn't write it. I read it several years ago, when ABs still creeped me out, & tried to clarify it, & make it easier to shape to fit those who might be going through hatred in their families. I was told not to copy & paste actual content, but that I could give my opinion, so here goes. It's good, but a more inclusive term should've been used, & if psychobabble is to be used, it should be defined before the article intro. It's unnecessarily repetitive, & infantilism doesn't fit the big 5 year old on the block too well, does it, & he'd think more like a 5 year old than a toddler, right? That's what I was after. So sorry.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 30-Apr-2014 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by SpAzpieSweeTot View Post
    Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but no; I didn't write it. I read it several years ago, when ABs still creeped me out, & tried to clarify it, & make it easier to shape to fit those who might be going through hatred in their families. Infantilism doesn't fit the big 5 year old on the block too well, does it, & he'd think more like a 5 year old than a toddler, right? That's what I was after. So sorry.
    Oh ok no problem, most likely I read it wrong because I was in a hurry so probably my fault.

That's the first time I saw that article, and I think it describes me at least pretty well except for the abuse part.

Also, I didn't get a vibe of showing us as permaregressed like you put it, I mean I don't think I even really regress, it's more of a desire to sometimes feel little or try to relive babyhood/early childhood to me.

Honestly the feeling I got was of trying to explain it first of all and demonstrate that we are just normal people with normal lives that deserve to be treated with respect.

I'm not sure what the author means to count as "True Infantilism" or whether this term is supposed to apply to me. I don't think this article accurately describes my experience.

I've had fantasies about being put back in diapers since I was in kindergarten. At least since late adolescence, I've had fantasies about being treated like a toddler in other ways (e.g. having to wear a sleeper and sleep in a crib). But I've never had fantasies about *being* a toddler, and I don't regress mentally during AB play.

So the transvestite / transgender analogy doesn't work for me. I am an AB, not just a DL, but I don't have a desire actually to become a toddler. So I don't fall cleanly on either side of this divide.

Buridan, I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to be treated like a toddler but not being or becoming one.

What you describe is similar to my own experience as well, I've had these fantasies or desires to feel/be treated like a toddler or revisit babyhood. But in no way, and I think this is what you mean, do I identify as one nor do I want to go back and never return to adult life. To me as I think to you as well, and please correct me if I'm wrong, these are just temporary desires to be a toddler.

I think it's a good article and I'm struggling to understand why other opinions so far in this thread are somewhat mixed. Maybe it's just me, and I had to re-read it again, but I couldn't find any mention of the author saying that an infantilist just wants to be a baby 24h or something like that.

I consider myself to be this form of Little, because it's in no way sexual, so that rules out the fetish form. Some true Littles sexualize their transitional objects, but don't necessarily fetishize them, because the age of onset of the desire for the object is before puberty, but my comfort objects never were, & still aren't sexual. Mine started at 5, or sooner. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it started before then. The term still kinda irks me. I'm not a 24/7 Little, & Johnni, you're right, she never said all True Littles were, but even in big mode, my natural mindset is a bit, "softer & more timid," than most adults. Any other adult in authority will win against me, even if I should stand up for myself. It's not that I'm trying to become Little. A small part of me never stopped. When I'm regressed, I think the way a toddler does.