Thread: Simpsons Joke?

Default Simpsons Joke?

I've noticed that this isn't the first post about The Simpsons here, and I'm not positive that the diaper reference was deliberate.

In an episode called "Dark Knight Court," at the very end, they talked about a group of octogenarian heroes they called "The Dependables." The "Depend" reference when talking about senior citizens seemed too much like a coincidence to me. Anyone else suspect this was deliberate?

-RMS

BTW, you can see a relevant portion of the episode here: The Simpsons: The Dependables from "Dark Knight Court" - Videos - MetaTube

The Simpsons over the years has quite a few DL/ABDL kind of jokes...

Starting with Ralph Wiggum who's a bedwetter and there are a couple of jokes / Diaper references...

then there's one episode where Homer for the money / being "forced" into acts as MR. Burns private fun-monkey.... and has to do all sort of degrading stuff simply for the bemusement of Mr. Burns.
    During this episode Homer at one point is shown with just a diaper / baby outfit exposed to other people.

Then there's probably the most obvious one (which is "recent" (I guess it was one or two seasons ago)) where Homer actually starts to wet the bed (if memory serves me right it is called "How I wet your Mother", but I could be wrong).
    And as a temporary solution he actually starts to wear adult diapers... there's even one "diaper-"sex"" scene - where home and marge try to get into the mood... but marge is quite turned off by Homer in Diapers.

There have been a good number more diaper / Wetting references in the Simpsons over the years.

BUT: I don't believe someone there is actually (or at least not openly) into ABDL Stuff - but I guess the writers are indeed aware of it and like to make the occasional joke about it.

Speaking of AB/DL related jokes on T.V. shows, Uncle Grandpa had an episode were in the checkout line there was a dude in his 40's buying "X-L Canned Diapers". The cashier did a price check and the dude started sweating bullets (Which I would be to if I were holding up an entire supermarket with me buying diapers).
    I think the episode is called "Mustache Cream"
    A quick google search yeilded this: Watch Uncle Grandpa episode 5 & 6 - Moustache Cream / Nickname online | dubbed-scene.com
    I would skip to 3:40 ish. IT's a pretty tiny mention but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    The Simpsons over the years has quite a few DL/ABDL kind of jokes...

Starting with Ralph Wiggum who's a bedwetter and there are a couple of jokes / Diaper references...

then there's one episode where Homer for the money / being "forced" into acts as MR. Burns private fun-monkey.... and has to do all sort of degrading stuff simply for the bemusement of Mr. Burns.
    During this episode Homer at one point is shown with just a diaper / baby outfit exposed to other people.

Then there's probably the most obvious one (which is "recent" (I guess it was one or two seasons ago)) where Homer actually starts to wet the bed (if memory serves me right it is called "How I wet your Mother", but I could be wrong).
    And as a temporary solution he actually starts to wear adult diapers... there's even one "diaper-"sex"" scene - where home and marge try to get into the mood... but marge is quite turned off by Homer in Diapers.

There have been a good number more diaper / Wetting references in the Simpsons over the years.

BUT: I don't believe someone there is actually (or at least not openly) into ABDL Stuff - but I guess the writers are indeed aware of it and like to make the occasional joke about it.
    There's more jokes out there I'm sure. Many shows have done a joke or reference to diaper usage at one point or another.

Doubtful that they are looking out for the AB/DL community when they create the jokes. Probably done more for the *pardon the pun* potty humor and they're good for a quick laugh from a short-attention span audience. Nevertheless, sometimes they are entertaining and should be enjoyed as such.

okay, this is one of the most memorable scenes from the Simpsons:

Ralph: "Daddy these rubber pants are hot." Chief Wiggum: "You wear 'em until you learn son."

:3

There is a south park episode where Cartman pretends to be a robot in order to trick butters. At one point butter explains that he is ic.

It's not just the Simpsons. There have been a few references to diapers in Futurama as well.

This week on "The Middle", Frankie had to confront her terrible neighbor, Rita Glossner about her annoying wind chimes, which were keeping them awake at night. The Glossners have three boys, and the middle boy wears diapers, so much, that he's called "Diaper Boy". They showed him in a pull-up last night, and it does appear to be a pull-up for an older boy. I might add that he was only wearing the diaper and a shirt. He comes across as a teen baby. The episode is called Wind Chimes.

I know there was a CSI or NY CSI that had a episode of Diaper fetish. But the guy was dead.