Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is being AB harder than DL?

  1. #1

    Default Is being AB harder than DL?

    Having had a desire to regress, for as long as I can remember, seems very normal to me. Diapers have simply been part of the scenario ... there were always other baby items present. All this began long before I experienced anything of a sexual nature, and although the two inevitably became intertwined, the emotional regression and associated behaviours always took precedence over anything that puberty may have added to the mix.

    My question is regarding the way we cope with our inclinations. Somehow I imagine it to be easier for pure DLs, as any confusion or dysphoric feelings that relate to the physical or age disparity between reality and fantasy wouldn't be there.

    As a DL only, I imagine I could simply indulge my desires as the man I am with no awkwardness about it. As an AB though, there are constant reminders that things just aren't right.

    Once deeply regressed, no such awkwardness or inhibitions exist, I am completely unaware that anything is not as it should be....however often at other times the reality can leave me feeling quite down.

    So does being AB make this whole thing more difficult than if I were just a DL (on a side note ... LGs .... I imagine that to be even tougher)

  2. #2

    Default

    Hard one ,I guess so but even me a DL have found my self regressing today due to the fact I've been wearing cloth diapers since 10pm last night and it's 3:30 pm now on my second diaper only got 1 left clean and this one is soaked 1st one is soaked and pooped but could not care if I changed it , like a 2/3year old would carry on playing and this one is the same I just can't be bothered I just want to and are doing sucking my pacifier and just had afternoon nap as well ,
    p/s my mind is going backwards as well as it's been hard thinking what to say and to type

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't think harder or easier really enters into it. Diapers are still thought of as something for babies or old people and are in no way considered fun, sexy, comfortable, or desirable by the population at large. There is plenty of room for feelings of shame and inadequacy there to struggle against and no one can say how keenly this is felt from person to person. At most, ABs have a more involved environment but then again, few of us are exclusively one or the other. I think it's just a "grass is always greener" sort of fantasy you've got going.

  4. #4

    Default

    I... hmm. Actually had to sit down and think about this one.. I'm primarily a DL/DF when I interact with diapers on my own. In that mentality, they're arousing, especially when they get thick and soggy after a few hours or if I shower. HOWEVER, if someone else is involved, generally RP, but sometimes if I have another AB/DL visit, then they tend to be more AB tendencies that I feel, with wanting to cuddle, run around in my sleeper, suck on my paci, generally fuck all responsibilities..

    Thinking on it though, there IS a part of me that even when regressing, still feels sexually attracted to the diapers.. so... it does make it confusing at times. 0.o

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Having had a desire to regress, for as long as I can remember, seems very normal to me. Diapers have simply been part of the scenario ... there were always other baby items present. All this began long before I experienced anything of a sexual nature, and although the two inevitably became intertwined, the emotional regression and associated behaviours always took precedence over anything that puberty may have added to the mix.

    My question is regarding the way we cope with our inclinations. Somehow I imagine it to be easier for pure DLs, as any confusion or dysphoric feelings that relate to the physical or age disparity between reality and fantasy wouldn't be there.

    As a DL only, I imagine I could simply indulge my desires as the man I am with no awkwardness about it. As an AB though, there are constant reminders that things just aren't right.

    Once deeply regressed, no such awkwardness or inhibitions exist, I am completely unaware that anything is not as it should be....however often at other times the reality can leave me feeling quite down.

    So does being AB make this whole thing more difficult than if I were just a DL (on a side note ... LGs .... I imagine that to be even tougher)

    Oh mate... Nope...

    Well to be a bit more elaborate in my answer...

    I'm Incontinet and a DL (although my DL side has grown weaker over the years I have to say).... but I am NO AB at any rate. When I got into the DL Stuff by the age of 10-12 I stumbled across "teen baby" websites back in the day... (mind you that was about 24 years ago). And I had a hard enough time basically coming to terms that I had developed a liking to my diapers. At that time I guess my psychology-skills weren't that developed yet that I was able to get into some serious self-reflection and understand why I started to like the very object that at the same time tormented me socially to a really tough level.. But alas, when I found some of these websites I was relieved to some degree that there were other teenagers who had similar feelings.
    But there was the "TB / AB" Aspect that I really didn't associate with - actually it scared me to some degree at that time as I didn't know if it was some sort of progression from liking diapers to TB/AB Desires....


    Now how does that affect my DL side... well to be honest - and again, please this is VERY PERSONAL and isn't about "YOU" (this is important to me, I don't want to look down on anyone or make anyone feel bad...):
    One of the things that does indeed often "fringe" me to some degree negatively (and in my late teen early adolescent years FAR MORE (starting to date girls...)) is to be by mistake, by my diapers be taken for an AB - which is something that is really contrary to my own person. For me the diapers are 90% a medical item, 9% a comfort item that I like (somehow), and 1% a sexual item. Back in my teens it was more like "80% a medical item, 5% a comfort item, 15% a sexual object".
    But I have no desires to regress or relinquish my Adult lifestyle or any of the associated responsibilities, and capabilities. And I certainly don't want the impression of being someone who doesn't want his adult lifestyle, his responsibilities etc associated with me.

    Now EVERY ONE of the handful of people who KNOW about my DL Side (there's a good number of CLOSE FRIENDS and Relatives who know about my Incontinence and how I handle it, but only a very small number of people who know about my DL Side) - but everyone initially asked / associated it with what they knew about ABs ... and to me that isn't me. I had to convince people about the opposite being true as to me it's important.
    And I got that association even by a few whom I revealed my IC Issues to and that I use diapers... and that got me actually slightly angry.

    Now in terms of acceptance I guess (Self-acceptance) it's about the same.
    Needing diapers medically and liking it was a rather self-humiliating experience for a long number of years... and it took me a lot of work (including seeing a therapist) to learn how to cope with my medical needs and my sexual desire...
    And whilst I have for 98% come to terms with both, I would if there would be a magic switch, switch off BOTH immediately if possible. I don't loath my life and I don't hate myself for being incontinent and needing diapers... But I'd rather be without and honestly if the need for diapers / other IC equipment would be gone (medical treatment that works for my IC) I would not look back and I certainly would "kill" my DL side within 5 seconds (and believe me, after a life time of basically having no choice, that choice would be really really easy.)

    And trust me whilst I have learned to DEAL with my IC in a near perfect stealth mode for 99.99% of the society around me (hardly anyone outside my closest circle does know) and I have managed to lead a very active, highly sporty life including a lot of travel it has been a bloody pain.
    And it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but especially when traveling (which I do a lot for work) it's the small VERY Awkward stuff like asking for a bed protection, or having to put the used diapers in the trash can for the cleaning staff to find (not that they have ever given me a hard time, but it's a personal "humiliation" time after time - not much, not to the point where it bothers me on a large scale (anymore), but still.

    Basically it's VERY AWKWARD to admit to your partner that you not only NEED diapers but also LIKE Them, sexually that is and as a comforter... it's damn awkward. degrading to some degree as a grown man who could be considered slightly macho-type... It's basically two stereotypes that simply don't work well together but it's me.

    Buying diapers was another issue that took me some time to get over the awkward-factor (that is something - buying diapers - that to me is free of these issues these days, if I shop in a medical store... but I would rather not buy diapers in a grocery store (had to do it a few times and I don't much like it... I don't care too much and still do it without fussing, but there's something I dislike about it.)

    Or you wear pads / diapers and they're wet and you get intimate with your girlfriend... she knows, she's fully supportive etc... but I feel sooo awkwardly odd that I have to wear them and that they're wet...
    it's something I have learned to cope / deal with "efficiently" but somewhere in the back of my mind... there remains some awkward moment.


    Then there's the general stigma attached to the object "Adult diaper".. .something NO ONE in his 8th-55th year of life does wear according to the general public. (of course that isn't the reality... but it's how it's often looked at).
    And its for babies... or the old... a MAN shouldn't wear diapers, a teenager should not wear diapers... you know the drill.
    And yet here I stand, needing - actually liking diapers... a MAN ... a grown, sporty, car liking mechanical engineer who rides motorcycles, owner of my own business, etc... needing to wear diapers, LIKING DIAPERS.. the contradiction by definition inside a social norm actually hurts - and yet it is how it is.


    So to answer your question in short: NO I don't think being "just a dL" is any easier (or harder) than being an AB or an ABDL.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Oh mate... Nope...

    Then there's the general stigma attached to the object "Adult diaper".. .something NO ONE in his 8th-55th year of life does wear according to the general public. (of course that isn't the reality... but it's how it's often looked at).
    And its for babies... or the old... a MAN shouldn't wear diapers, a teenager should not wear diapers... you know the drill.
    And yet here I stand, needing - actually liking diapers... a MAN ... a grown, sporty, car liking mechanical engineer who rides motorcycles, owner of my own business, etc... needing to wear diapers, LIKING DIAPERS.. the contradiction by definition inside a social norm actually hurts - and yet it is how it is.


    So to answer your question in short: NO I don't think being "just a dL" is any easier (or harder) than being an AB or an ABDL.
    Thanks an awesome response, and I'm pretty stupid for not having considered the IC in my proposal. I suppose I was imagining that someone with straight DL tendencies might somehow disassociate themselves from the infantile relationship, but of course that's really not so different to the feeling helplessness or lack of control that anyone needing diapers may experience.... for that reason I guess the actual attraction to the diaper is going to have the same psychological impact.

    I guess I was just assuming that a DL might simply objectify the diaper, which is unlikely I suppose. The associations are always going to be present. It's ironic given my initial posting, but maybe being regressive at least makes it easier to escape the reality of the situation...even if only for a time.

    Well just in relation to feeling both adult and baby lol... I too feel very much a man( and enjoy all that it offers) as well as often times a very little boy. I guess it's just reconciling the two when I look in the mirror that is weird.

    I will say that I am extremely grateful not to have a medical need for diapers, and that I have enormous respect for those who do have to cope with that each day.

  7. #7

    Default

    It's hard inside 24/7/365... From time to time I think nothing happens. 24/7/365 is more common between ABs than DLs.

  8. #8

    Default

    I wonder, is it harder putting the baby to bed so to speak and take care of big stuff, than just putting the pleasure of being diapered out of your head. Hmmmm dunno. I guess it depends on your reasons for wearing.

    I do know what you mean about 24/7 though....feeling little inside is basically always there.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I wonder, is it harder putting the baby to bed so to speak and take care of big stuff, than just putting the pleasure of being diapered out of your head. Hmmmm dunno. I guess it depends on your reasons for wearing.

    I do know what you mean about 24/7 though....feeling little inside is basically always there.
    And my Baby felling is getting more and more since i joined this site ,Hey i'm at work sitting in my van sucking a pacci clipped to my shirt drinking out of a silicone teat sippy bottle

  10. #10

    Default

    Wow....lots of thought going into the comments on this thread.

    I consider myself to be totally DL, but after discovering adisc, I also find myself more than curious about AB.

    Speaking from a totally practical point of view, I have thought that DL is easier than AB simply because of the "accessories" we use.

    As a DL, I have diapers, plastic pants and a pad I use on my bed. That's all. ABs use many more things than I do.....I think it's easier for me in that respect only.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-Feb-2012, 11:00
  2. It's just getting harder to not tell people...
    By dragsnick in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-Sep-2010, 13:57
  3. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-Sep-2010, 17:40
  4. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
    By Monkey in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-Jan-2008, 18:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.