Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll: ABDL fetish or lifestyle?

Default Poll: ABDL fetish or lifestyle?

It's not a real poll, but I would be interested to know if you consider abdl-ism a fetish or lifestyle and why? Or would you categorize it as something else?

I don't really think it's possible to categorize it broadly, unless you want to call it something like "social deviance," although that's just stating the obvious. A fetish is a very particular thing, and definitely not universal here.

For me I would describe it as a lifestyle, in so far as I have chosen to wear nappies 24/7 and it takes up lots of time with all the planning on when and where I would be able to change and what level of absorbency I require on different days and times.

Obviously it's something fairly unique that would rule out an average relationship and as such live alone. Ultimately I have chosen the nappies as I have such a strong attachment to them.

When I first started out I would only occasionally wear and would then describe it as just a fetish.

I see it as a lifestyle for me. I would rather wear diapers and use them than the bathroom and wearing underwear. Anything in my daily life is a lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I see it as a lifestyle for me. I would rather wear diapers and use them than the bathroom and wearing underwear. Anything in my daily life is a lifestyle.
    +1 to that I work as a delivery driver doing distance work and diapers really help

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I see it as a lifestyle for me. (snip) Anything in my daily life is a lifestyle.
    Well, but isn't that a bit of a cop-out? That's a bit like saying that there are no apples and oranges, there are only fruit. We have specific terms for behaviors because it is often insufficient to describe what one does as simply "living."

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing that it's a lifestyle for you. I'm merely saying that your own experience cannot be so simply extended to a general statement. And the OP is asking for general statements -- applicable to everybody. For many, calling ABDL a lifestyle would be drastically overstating its role in their lives. A lifestyle is not just something you do every day; it's a theme or philosophy that involves almost everything you do.

If "lifestyle" was just shorthand for "part of your daily routine," then the term would be pretty meaningless. Anything could be a lifestyle, including things like eating, picking your nose, and eating what you get when you pick your nose. (And a lot of less- and more-disgusting things.) Are those things part of a daily routine? Absolutely. Are they lifestyles? No.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 26-Apr-2014 at 03:46.

It's a lifestyle for me. I wear 24/7 and I consider a fetish something I do occasionally.

I dont know about every one else but to me a "fetish" is just a sexual thing that, well gets you off. Bondage is a fetish because it is done with the goal of arousal, in my opinion. Women in diapers is attractive, that is a fetish. I would love to see my wife in diapers, and then go on to have a night. That is a fetish.

AB is a lifestyle. for me the whole entirety of ab/dl was an all consuming thing that i ignored and denied was apart of me for a very long time.
    a life style is something you have no control over, as in its a part of who you are, and no amount of therapy, denial, whatever can change that.
    to me AB is a lifestyle. I may try to control it, but it is a part of my life, of my person, that i cannot change.--lol--

Fetishes are what gets your goat, Lifestyles are the way you are.

This is just my humble opinion. It could be completely wrong.