Thread: Slim PS3 HDD Upgrade Question

Question Slim PS3 HDD Upgrade Question

I was just wondering if it would be worth it for me to pay extra for a 500GB 7200 RPM HDD, or am I better off just grabbing a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD for my PS3?

Note: I rarely download/install anything from PSN (prefer physical/retail copies whenever possible).

Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerNaruto View Post
    Note: I rarely download/install anything from PSN (prefer physical/retail copies whenever possible).
    I would Say the 500 should do fine just remember you will have to Format it first and Manually Install the PS OS from a flash drive. and it takes about 30 min to an hour. and you have to reprogram everything.

i personally have a 1 TB in mine because i store my entire movie and video library on it so i can put the Physical copys away in the shed where they wont get ruined.

But Put everything you want off it on a seperate Flash drive or else you have to start games all over again

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    I would Say the 500GB should do fine just remember you will have to format it first and manually install the PS3 OS from a flash drive. It takes about 30 minutes to an hour and you have to reprogram everything.

I personally have a 1TB in mine because I store my entire movie and video library on it so I can put the physical copies away in the shed where they won't get ruined.

But put everything you want off it on a separate Flash drive or else you have to start games all over again.
    What do you mean by I have to reprogram everything? *confused*

Anyways thanks mate. I'll probably buy the 1TB Toshiba HDD I saw for $60 New on Amazon.

Settings and passwords. Wifi all that stuff is stored on the hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Settings and passwords. Wi-fi all that stuff is stored on the hard drive
    We don't have a router or use wi-fi, but I did expect to have to re-configure all of my PS3's settings.

(I have to unplug ethernet cable from PC and plug that into PS3 if I want to have PS3 internet)