Thread: overactive bladder or used to wearing diapers or both.

Default overactive bladder or used to wearing diapers or both.

So just curious about others thoughts on this. A little background info on me. 36, male, overweight 230 lbs 5'3. Last yr found out I had sleep apnea and was/am pre diabetic. Been cuttin back on sugars and carbs. Used to have some bedwetting issues when younger. past few yrs have had a few bedwettings a year but has been a few times a month for a the past yr or so. I usually drink. Water coffee or tea or seltzer, sometimes beer. I know all these things can make u pee more,. I usually have to pee like at least 8 times in a 24 hr period. I do think that diapers have made it harder for me to hold it longer, but do u guys think I have oab, and is this a legit reason for diapers out of pure convenience?
    Last edited by nikthewerelion; 22-Apr-2014 at 00:35.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    So just curious about others thoughts on this....
    If you have any suspicions that you are using out of need rather than choice, it is time to talk to a doctor asap.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    So just curious about others thoughts on this. A little background info on me. 36, male, overweight 230 lbs 5'3. Last yr found out I had sleep apnea and was/am pre diabetic. Been cuttin back on sugars and carbs. Used to have some bedwetting issues when younger. past few yrs have had a few bedwettings a year but has been a few times a month for a the past yr or so. I usually drink. Water coffee or tea or seltzer, sometimes beer. I know all these things can make u pee more,. I usually have to pee like at least 8 times in a 24 hr period. I do think that diapers have made it harder for me to hold it longer, but do u guys think I have oab, and is this a legit reason for diapers out of pure convenience?
    The fact that you are pre-diabetic and drink a lot of fluids, if I read that correctly, is probably contributing to your frequent urination. My wife is diabetic, and her diabetes causes her to drink more and thus expel more urine. Well, it used to, but her kidneys no longer function, so now all fluid is removed by a dialysis machine.

You need to get serious about weight loss. Beer is not going to be your friend. I drink maybe two bottles of beer a week. Otherwise, I drink cranberry juice, the Light kind and coffee during the day. Exercise will benefit you as well. There are some good online health sites. Check out Fit.net. I wish you well in your fight to health. It's worth it.