Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are Pacifiers so additcive ?

Default Why are Pacifiers so additcive ?

Well I got my NUk5 at the week end and it's so addictive I just can stop sucking
    So why are they so addictive ?

hard to say, maybe because we are born to be sucking on a teat to gain our nourishment, so its meant tobe that way.

Personally, I have an oral fixation when it comes to chewing / sucking on things, or kissing significant others. Pacis just happen to fit in the mouth very nicely compared to pen caps and are willing all the time compared to significant others.

Hard to say. I wouldn't call it addictive, personally. It's a good sensation but I can take it or leave it as circumstances dictate.

I'm not quite sure to be honest!
    Maybe because we let ourselves get 'addicted' to it because it's not harmful like other addictive things like alcohol, and because sucking is a natural thing for human beings to do
    Also because it's the most relaxing thing on the planet

I think it stems from mostly being a comfort. I also think it has to do with what you liked when you were a baby. For me I was a binky/thumb girl. I never stopped sucking my thumb till I got a binky. I seriously can not sleep with out it. It is like a reset button for me. If I am upset or something the pacifier is the thing that calms me and soothes me. Just the best thing ever.

They are indeed the best things ever. And I agree they can be addictive which I why I won't stop, but I can control that addiction. There are times when I feel the urge more-so than other times, like if I'm upset, or under a lot of stress, or experiencing a bout of anxiety and having a panic attack, I use it to calm myself. It relaxes my jaw and takes me back to the serenity of being little and having no care in the world. Although I don't regress much, it helps me regress so I can avoid the stress and aggravation of the adult world.

Just to add , I've brought another one today one of baby pants new larger ones

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Hard to say. I wouldn't call it addictive, personally. It's a good sensation but I can take it or leave it as circumstances dictate.
    Same!!

sometimes i don't leave campus for home until after dark. also, i keep my paci hidden on me (for fear of being discovered at home). and now that i have a paci i can't resist the urge to use it while driving home in the dark. >.<