Thread: Hi there!

Default Hi there!

Hey, I'm Nessie!- well, Vanessa, but you can call me anything really, Nessie just happens to be my most commonly used nickname. I am 18 and will be graduating hs in about a month, after which I will hopefully be going to college and majoring in secondary education. Due to some money issues I may be taking a gap year though, to save up. I'm a friendly sort of person although I get nervous around new people and tend to get rather blunt and a bit too honest! :P WORKING ON IT THOUGH.

I joined this site to feed my curiosity and get some help and advice! I'm new to the diaper scene and am frustratingly lost >_< if anyone can help me though y'all can :33

I love to teach- ironically my favorite subjects are art and English, which are equal to math. Calculus specifically. I hope to be a high school teacher, because not only will the subject matter be mentally challenging (I have twin brothers who are 8 and the stupid new 'methods' of doing simple arithmetic would make anyone born before 2000's head spin) and I am fascinated with the way teenagers have such a capacity for intelligence- as well as mind blowing stupidity!

Lately I have been really into darkroom photography, which is just as fascinating as digital photography- messing with actual filters and devoluping times is just as cool (and tedious and infuriating) as editing in photoshop is. I'm also a huge fan of hula hooping and now that it's nicer out I'll be able to practice again and learn new tricks!

I feel like I'm rambling about myself, thanks for reading :33

Quote Originally Posted by sillynessie View Post
    Hey, I'm Nessie!- well, Vanessa, but you can call me anything really, Nessie just happens to be my most commonly used nickname. I am 18 and will be graduating hs in about a month, after which I will hopefully be going to college and majoring in secondary education. Due to some money issues I may be taking a gap year though, to save up. I'm a friendly sort of person although I get nervous around new people and tend to get rather blunt and a bit too honest! :P WORKING ON IT THOUGH.

I joined this site to feed my curiosity and get some help and advice! I'm new to the diaper scene and am frustratingly lost >_< if anyone can help me though y'all can :33

I love to teach- ironically my favorite subjects are art and English, which are equal to math. Calculus specifically. I hope to be a high school teacher, because not only will the subject matter be mentally challenging (I have twin brothers who are 8 and the stupid new 'methods' of doing simple arithmetic would make anyone born before 2000's head spin) and I am fascinated with the way teenagers have such a capacity for intelligence- as well as mind blowing stupidity!

Lately I have been really into darkroom photography, which is just as fascinating as digital photography- messing with actual filters and devoluping times is just as cool (and tedious and infuriating) as editing in photoshop is. I'm also a huge fan of hula hooping and now that it's nicer out I'll be able to practice again and learn new tricks!

I feel like I'm rambling about myself, thanks for reading :33
    Welcome sillynessie! You weren't rambling on at all - you were giving a wonderful introduction! I am happy to see you are on your way to a teaching degree. There is a need for more quality teachers, especially math. There are a few teachers here who are members. I can link them to you if you wish. We also have a story writing section, if you're so inclined.

I laughed a little when you said you are into hula hooping. Seems like not too many people do that anymore. Or is the fad coming back? I also saw you're into pastels. Any artwork you would like to share?

Oh okay good X3 I agree! I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with teaching math, because it will always be constant- whereas with English classes what is considered appropriate for school when it comes to the novels and the interpretation of said novels changes all the time :/ makes it very difficult for teachers to create a cohesive class when they must meet specific standards in their curriculum.

No yeah hula hopping is great! It's a great stress reliever- I don't think the fad has returned though, I'm the only one I know who actually does it outside of gym classes :P I use an adult hoop- it's about 2x the size of the kids ones and much heavier, that way the hoop goes around your body more slowly and allows for tricks and such. I got it a Harry Potter convention cause I'm a dork, there was a girl doing a panel on fire dancing! She taught us basics of poi and hula hooping- Obviously we couldn't light the hoops on fire, but hopefully one day I'll get good enough to get a flaming hoop

hey there XD welcome to ADISC, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. and nervous and blunt? thats awesome, me too! its always a bit awkward at first just like a new hangout in real life, but everyone here is super duper nice and helpful and a lot of the older people will share their nuggets of wisdom that come in handy for us younger folk.

a high school teacher? thats an interesting choice. if i had to teach the types that i knew in high school i'd go mad o.O i'm impressed you have such a noble goal, keep at it
    and photography's pretty cool, do you have a favorite photographer?

PM me when you get your name in green and we'll talk. its always so interesting to start out and delve into ABDLism, i'm sure you'll learn tons here and meet awesome people XD

ooh and dont forget to join the groups, those are a cool way to help meet new people of similar interest and also help identify yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    hey there XD welcome to ADISC, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. and nervous and blunt? thats awesome, me too! its always a bit awkward at first just like a new hangout in real life, but everyone here is super duper nice and helpful and a lot of the older people will share their nuggets of wisdom that come in handy for us younger folk.

a high school teacher? thats an interesting choice. if i had to teach the types that i knew in high school i'd go mad o.O i'm impressed you have such a noble goal, keep at it
    and photography's pretty cool, do you have a favorite photographer?

PM me when you get your name in green and we'll talk. its always so interesting to start out and delve into ABDLism, i'm sure you'll learn tons here and meet awesome people XD

ooh and dont forget to join the groups, those are a cool way to help meet new people of similar interest and also help identify yourself here.
    I wouldn't call it a noble goal, more like masochistic :P I may enjoy calculus, but having to understand it well enough to teach it to a bunch of teenagers is a Completely different story I imagine :P

I sure hope so! I'm pretty clueless, and googling stuff online can only get you so far X) I feel like such a baby (pun very much intended :3) like I might be a legal adult and when I was in middle school high school seniors were so mature and worldly? I feel more like a second grader trying to understand why I have to match my penmanship to the practice book- life ain't nearly as easy to understand as I'd hoped!

Not really, I'm one of those jack of all master of none types- photography was something my mom was always involved in and I like taking abstract pictures, and the closest I am to knowing any photographers is drooling over national geographic ://)

I'll definitely hit you up when I can though! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sillynessie View Post
    I wouldn't call it a noble goal, more like masochistic :P I may enjoy calculus, but having to understand it well enough to teach it to a bunch of teenagers is a Completely different story I imagine :P

I sure hope so! I'm pretty clueless, and googling stuff online can only get you so far X) I feel like such a baby (pun very much intended :3) like I might be a legal adult and when I was in middle school high school seniors were so mature and worldly? I feel more like a second grader trying to understand why I have to match my penmanship to the practice book- life ain't nearly as easy to understand as I'd hoped!

Not really, I'm one of those jack of all master of none types- photography was something my mom was always involved in and I like taking abstract pictures, and the closest I am to knowing any photographers is drooling over national geographic ://)

I'll definitely hit you up when I can though! ^^
    Rotfl yeah that's a good term to use as well lol and yeah googling stuff is how I started out, typing stuff like "I want to wear diapers" or stud like that. It's good but adisc is an amazing source of baby culture knowledge. We're like at the Jedi temple for abdl-ism

and yeah in high school I seemed to lose a year of maturity/oldness while everyone else gained one xD
    Lol your first baby pun! Yes, there will be more the more you stick around here and yeah definitely hit me up xD

-david