Thread: It's that time of the year again!

Default It's that time of the year again!

I'm so excited! PAX East 2014 kicks off tomorrow Friday 4/11 It's all about the free swag and checking out the latest games and computer hardware. For anyone that doesn't know what PAX is, it's stands for Penny Arcade Expo. It's a small gaming convention that is held throughout the year. PAX East is held on the east coast of the US. PAX is way smaller than E3 but it's still fun.

Has anyone else been to any other gaming conventions?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but haven't a ton of companies pulled out of PAX this year? I could totally be misremembering, and if I'm not.. why are they?

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but haven't a ton of companies pulled out of PAX this year? I could totally be misremembering, and if I'm not.. why are they?
    pax-east-2014-rebuilding-trust-in-penny-arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    No wonder then. Those were some seriously messed up tweets. Thanks for giving me the link when I probably could have just Googled this question.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Not that I could tell. Just got home from day 1 of Pax. For the most part it was pretty laid-back this year. Most of the big name companies were there except for a few such as Sony, Nintendo, Asus, and Rockstar from last Pax. I'm not surprised. Every year can have more or less big name companies. If they have nothing to show or have the time, then they usually won't be at Pax.
    I've noticed security was tighter this year but other than that, it felt like Pax.

Blizzard showed off their new game Heroes of the storm. 2k games showed off Boarderlands: The Prequel. Titan fall was pretty much everywhere. Bethesda was showing off Wolfenstein: The New Order. Riot with league of legends was there again. Wildstar was shown again. Ubi soft had a few games. I haven't had time to check out the indie booth that much. Saw a lot of pro-gamers there, mostly pro LoL players.

As for that article, I saw quite a few people that looked like they would be furries. Saw 1 fur-suiter. A lot of guys had my little pony merch bags and items.

Over all it's been a fun day and I can't wait for day 2!

Day 2 is over. Saw some pretty cool games and a lot of cosplay people today. There was a fur suiter that was the German Shepard of COD Ghosts. I also saw someone dressed as Astronoma from Power Rangers in Space.
    Apparently 2K announced the new Sid Meier's Civilization game: Beyond Earth at PAX. Saw a few indie games today such as strike vector and loadout. Strike vector is 50% off on steam at the moment and loadout is free to play.
    Got more swag, which is the most important part :P Anyways can't wait for day 3