Thread: Random thoughts...

Default Random thoughts...

So...Greetings again! I've already introduced myself but thought that I'd chime in again with my random thoughts. That really is my pastime...Thinking. I spent 7 years suppressing my thought with alcohol that I really have found enjoyment in analytical thought. I am a computer engineer so it is in my nature to analyze and figure out how stuff works, including people/society.

I'm 35 years old and live in Oklahoma. I used to call Michigan home but that time is long gone. Sorry, Jenny Granholm's economy just blew me away.

Traditionally I have been very conservative. I am probably much more liberal now than I have ever been though. I find myself best identifying with the Libertarian party but have gained an appreciate for the ability for a collective society to move forward in this world. I have plenty of welfare reform/disability enhancement ideas. Basically weed out the lazy and redirect the budget difference into a separate program specifically for the disabled so that they who have no choice don't feel the negative emotions that accompany welfare use.

I am not pro-gay or anti-gay. Really it's a simple case of I don't have a dog in the fight. From a legal prospective, I am for equal rights regardless to gender. I think that the word "Marriage" should be completely removed from the judicial language. I feel that if the government called it how it is, a contractual agreement, than the anti-gay-marriage peeps will have no ammunition. They'll still bitch and whine but you've negated much of their argument.

That said, I am a Baptist Christian. I am ordained by the Universal Life Church (non-denominational) but so is my cat so I don't think that this ordination holds much weight. Anyway, as a Christian, I have had to process my whole AB/DL/LG interests over the years. What I have come up with is this, when the Bible was written, life was much simpler. Many Christians lock in on homosexuality being a sin but I feel that homosexuality was just the largest contributor to the overall idea of sexual perversions. Before anyone lights their torches or grabs their pitch forks, hear me out. From a physiological prospective, sexual behavior starts at a core function to reproduce as a species. Beyond that is what I believe that the writers of the Bible were really speaking about. So where does that leave me? All in all my sexual deviations are no more or less than those of other sexual endeavors. I am able to sleep at night though knowing that I will do my best to further the Kingdom and that the price for my sin has been paid for. I will still greet God as white as snow. Now Jesus might be like, "Dude, the diaper thing? What was up with that?" LOL

Really the object in life is to not let any one thing take dominate over the rest of your life. So often I have interacted with people who were gay but they were so over the top that it was like, do they have any interest other than being gay? I've interacted with people who were 24/7 baby and I wonder as to how healthy that is mentally to be so absorbed into an interest. I spent 7 years preoccupied by alcohol and that certainly was not healthy both physically and mentally. I have many aspects/interests that make up who I am now.

So one of my interests is in being a Freemason. I have been a Mason for a few years and am active in multiple bodies of the Masonic fraternity. I have yet to find another AB/DL who is a Mason. Maybe I'm a rarity. I could blaze the trail, aye? Before anyone asks, no I do not wear to Lodge/Shrine/etc.

One of my other interests is my vehicles. We (my wife and I) have a Cadillac DTS and a 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro SS. The SS is my toy. It's 440HP on a 6 speed manual. I've done some light modifications to it. Today I dropped $500 on two new tires for the rear of it.

So, I got married last month. My wife and I have been together for 8 years. We have raised her two girls and my two boys. It's been fun but being married brings on a whole new level to intimacy. She's accepting of my interests in regards to our common subject. I conducted this relationship as I think that everyone should and that is with honesty. My wife knew about my interests from the beginning. It wasn't like I started dating her and said, "Hey, I wet. You?" But it was talked about in the beginning. We became friends first. That is how every couple should start. Don't look for a lover. Look for a best friend and if it's meant to be, he/she will make an ideal lover.

That brings me around to all of the people that I have found in the AB/DL community over the years that is feverishly searching for a mommy/daddy/lover. Really, this might not be the best outlet for building a strong enduring relationship. I can not imagine starting a relationship on the premise of baby-play. #babyplay...haha...That was an old IRC channel. Probably no one remembers it. Anyway, you really need to build a true friendship and let this part of our psyche augment that relationship if fit.

If anyone wants to talk systems engineering, hit me up. Linux, MS, networking, PBX, etc.

I'm done. Peace.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by bAByTiffany; 08-Apr-2014 at 10:11.

I'm sorry that no one has responded so far, but it's probably because there really isn't a posed question. That said, you wrote a very nice and interesting bio. Oklahoma strikes me as a very conservative state, even more conservative than Virginia, where I live. I find it sometimes frustrating, surrounded by conservatives as I'm more of a free thinker. If one enjoys wearing and using diapers, that sort of thrusts one into a freer category. Of course, life is made up of a lot more than a single kink, so wearing diapers doesn't really define us. it may point the way, however....haha.

As for me, I enjoy central Virginia and the hills of the Shenandoah Mountains. I get out on my bike during the warmer weather. It gets the blood flowing so I can come up with ideas for my writing. I'm a professional musician, so some of my mind is taken with practicing composers such as Chopin, Bach, Mendelssohn, etc. The world has so much to offer.

Hello tgray1978,

I'm actually new here myself, and this would actually be my first post, but found it quite a bit odd that the chances of someone signing up with close to the same non-diaper interests around the same time quite slim. But low and behold, here is someone. However, now you can say that you aren't the only ABDL Mason that you know of. Despite the name, I actually belong to the Lodge myself, though, unfortunately I have no time to attend or join in on the festivities because of my work schedule, but I'll go into that in my own thread.

However, I must consider your odd choice in cars. Really, Chevy? I've always been the MOPAR type of person myself, in fact, my pride and joy is my '72 charger Rallye with my 440mag and my 426 I want to throw into something eventually. Both are actually still projects at this point, but now that I am moving into my own place with a space to work, they will hopefully be done soonish. But I really do like the old Chevy and Ford muscle cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm sorry that no one has responded so far, but it's probably because there really isn't a posed question. That said, you wrote a very nice and interesting bio. Oklahoma strikes me as a very conservative state, even more conservative than Virginia, where I live. I find it sometimes frustrating, surrounded by conservatives as I'm more of a free thinker. If one enjoys wearing and using diapers, that sort of thrusts one into a freer category. Of course, life is made up of a lot more than a single kink, so wearing diapers doesn't really define us. it may point the way, however....haha.

As for me, I enjoy central Virginia and the hills of the Shenandoah Mountains. I get out on my bike during the warmer weather. It gets the blood flowing so I can come up with ideas for my writing. I'm a professional musician, so some of my mind is taken with practicing composers such as Chopin, Bach, Mendelssohn, etc. The world has so much to offer.
    That is really cool. Are you predominantly classical?

Quote Originally Posted by Azie View Post
    Hello tgray1978,

I'm actually new here myself, and this would actually be my first post, but found it quite a bit odd that the chances of someone signing up with close to the same non-diaper interests around the same time quite slim. But low and behold, here is someone. However, now you can say that you aren't the only ABDL Mason that you know of. Despite the name, I actually belong to the Lodge myself, though, unfortunately I have no time to attend or join in on the festivities because of my work schedule, but I'll go into that in my own thread.

However, I must consider your odd choice in cars. Really, Chevy? I've always been the MOPAR type of person myself, in fact, my pride and joy is my '72 charger Rallye with my 440mag and my 426 I want to throw into something eventually. Both are actually still projects at this point, but now that I am moving into my own place with a space to work, they will hopefully be done soonish. But I really do like the old Chevy and Ford muscle cars.
    I'm an officer at my Lodge so I am quite active. I've getting closer to being in the East. After that I am not sure what I will do with my Masonic endeavors. I've always liked the degree work of the Scottish Rite. I received my Scottish Rite Degrees a couple of years ago but haven't had the time to do anything else with it. I'm also a member of the York Rite, Shrine, and Order of the Eastern Star. I am semi-active in the Eastern Star and they want my wife and I to get in line there.

When we bought this Camaro, we looked at a Chally first. I really like the Challenger body style. I still like it more than the Camaro...But the Camaro had more horses stock and also came in a convertible with the Chally didn't. Your Charger sounds hot. Would love to see pictures of it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by tgray1978 View Post
    That is really cool. Are you predominantly classical?

I'm an officer at my Lodge so I am quite active. I've getting closer to being in the East. After that I am not sure what I will do with my Masonic endeavors. I've always liked the degree work of the Scottish Rite. I received my Scottish Rite Degrees a couple of years ago but haven't had the time to do anything else with it. I'm also a member of the York Rite, Shrine, and Order of the Eastern Star. I am semi-active in the Eastern Star and they want my wife and I to get in line there.

When we bought this Camaro, we looked at a Chally first. I really like the Challenger body style. I still like it more than the Camaro...But the Camaro had more horses stock and also came in a convertible with the Chally didn't. Your Charger sounds hot. Would love to see pictures of it sometime.
    Yeah, actually totally classic muscle cars. Really think the newer ones are kind of cliche, even though they do look fairly nice. I'll try to get more pictures as I complete the restoration of the charger. The engine has been completely restored, but the body work and interior still needs some work. Its been a slow pace with the charger.

I haven't quite went that far with my Masonic activities, as I work the hours they meet, and when I actually have a nice work schedule, that's usually in the field miles, and sometimes countries away. I actually sat in the west and south for one of their youth groups at a state level when I was quite a bit younger, and enjoyed every minute of it until it started to become more 'political'.

That is really cool. Are you predominantly classical?.
    My degree is as a classical musician. My major was in organ performance and my minor, voice. I was trained as a church musician at Westminster Choir College, Princeton. I was one of those weird musicians who also liked rock, so I've done both. I played for 15 years with a very good cover band. We played the country club and wedding gigs which paid very well.

Now I play in my church. We have a praise band and play contemporary in a jazz style. I still play some of the big works by Back, Widor, Franck and others. I love piano and spend most of my time on that instrument. I own three keyboards, all Korgs. I have fun with my music.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to the Site tgray, if I haven't already welcomed you. It's always cool to see other Okies on here. Sorry for the long wait in reply. It's been a very long week for me, and I haven't gotten online much.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Oklahoma strikes me as a very conservative state, even more conservative than Virginia, where I live.
    Dogboy, it is a VERY conservative state. Sometimes, it's frustrating...especially when it comes to matters of politics or religion. I can remember having conversations with people about something that was going to be voted on, and explaining how it was illegal to do whatever it was. Didn't matter if the law was passed or not, it would still be illegal...law passed...after several months, laws were declared illegal...lots of money wasted... There is a number of stupid laws / bills that have been passed in the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Welcome to the Site tgray, if I haven't already welcomed you. It's always cool to see other Okies on here. Sorry for the long wait in reply. It's been a very long week for me, and I haven't gotten online much.

Dogboy, it is a VERY conservative state. Sometimes, it's frustrating...especially when it comes to matters of politics or religion. I can remember having conversations with people about something that was going to be voted on, and explaining how it was illegal to do whatever it was. Didn't matter if the law was passed or not, it would still be illegal...law passed...after several months, laws were declared illegal...lots of money wasted... There is a number of stupid laws / bills that have been passed in the last several years.
    We had the same thing happen in Virginia when Ken Cuccinelli was our Attorney General. He wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars when it was contested by the court system. Like you, I am often frustrated by my state.