Thread: Tena confusion

Default Tena confusion

In my search for the best diaper for going out in public I am ordering samples of some Tena's. But I am confused with all the different types that say they are maximum absorbency.

I have ordered;
    TENA Flex Maxi
    TENA Slip Maxi Brief
    TENA Stretch Super
    TENA Super Briefs
    TENA Night Briefs

The Tena Slip maxi is only available in small and I think may be a bit tight, but there are 5 different types of maximum absorbency diapers from Tena.

Does anybody know why so many types and what the differences are? Also any opinions about the best to go out and about in?

Thanks for your help

The tena range is a bit complicated the line up in europe is different from north america, and your list is a mix of the 2.

Start with the best and what i know,
    European nappys,

Slip maxi, premium 4 tape plastic backed, very absorbent not too thick

Flex maxi, belted pad like diaper, odd fixing system like an abri wing, and has stretch panels in the sides, tends too leak at the front for me

no idea about the other 3 I'm assuming there us made ones.

Oh and unless your the size of a 10 year old, a european slip small probably has no chance of fitting properly, im a 30" waist for most jeans and i need a medium.
    Last edited by HappyNappin; 06-Apr-2014 at 13:32. Reason: forgot to say a small is SMALL

Hi, Babymt. That's quite an assortment you have there. I'll try to decode.

TENA Flex Maxi: These are less of a diaper and more of a belted shield. They have a "cloth" belt that goes around your waist. You pull the absorbent part of the garment up through your legs and attach it to the belt using the "Velcro" tabs. I've honestly never gotten the point of these, and I've never been able to keep them in place.

TENA Slip Maxi Brief: From Europe and just now available here in the U.S. from a handful of Internet sellers, these are a great diaper with a plastic outer shell. They're surprisingly thin and have loads of SAP in them. They swell like crazy and hold a lot.

TENA Stretch Super: These are my favorites. They're the same diaper as the Tena Super, the U.S. version of the overnight breifs, but instead of four tapes they have a wide, stretchy belt for each side, with wide "Velcro" tabs that attach to the front of the diaper. They fit and feel great, and they move with you nicely. You can even pull them up and down as needed, and reattach the tabs several times.

TENA Super Briefs: Same as the above, but with adhesive tapes that attach to a plastic tape landing zone. It's a good diaper, but I prefer the Stretch version. To each his own. They're a true overnight diaper, though some will want a booster to bring it up to the level of an Abena 4 or other such mega-diaper.

TENA Night Briefs: From what I can see, these are the same as the Supers, but perhaps sold with that name in Europe? A quick Google search leads me to believe this is a different name, not a different diaper.

Hope that helps!

-RMS

The Tena Maxi is a really great diaper, it's pretty thin, thin enough to wear going out and it can hold a lot.

Allthough it must be said, there is a brand new Maxi with cotton feel coming out in Europe (on which there are many complaints) so I doubt the plastic Maxi (best Diaper I ever had) will be around long anymore.

Instead of the Flex/super you could also try searching for the "tena slip basic" or Tena "basic slip". That one is a little thinner then the maxi, but is almost completely white (a really nice diaper to see).

I'm with RMS! Go with the stretch! Super comfy, hold about 2 decent wettings, very discreet, and adjustable.

I was terrified to wear out in public, but these gave me the confidence to try it. The medical green isn't flattering, but they have a nice low waist. For guys, don't forget to tuck everything in the right direction.

Thanks RMS401. A really helpful assessment of all the types. I got some samples today and agree with a lot of what you say.

The Flex maxi I also

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    Hi, Babymt. That's quite an assortment you have there. I'll try to decode.

TENA Flex Maxi: These are less of a diaper and more of a belted shield. They have a "cloth" belt that goes around your waist. You pull the absorbent part of the garment up through your legs and attach it to the belt using the "Velcro" tabs. I've honestly never gotten the point of these, and I've never been able to keep them in place. -RMS
    I agree, I don't see the point of these

TENA Slip Maxi Brief: From Europe and just now available here in the U.S. from a handful of Internet sellers, these are a great diaper with a plastic outer shell. They're surprisingly thin and have loads of SAP in them. They swell like crazy and hold a lot. -RMS
    I got my sample of Tena slip maxi today. Unfortunately it's a small and way too small for me. I can get mediums, but from somewhere else and instead of being $1 each, they are $2.50 each. Don't think I can justify that... Oh well, they look and feel awesome.

TENA Stretch Super: These are my favorites. They're the same diaper as the Tena Super, the U.S. version of the overnight breifs, but instead of four tapes they have a wide, stretchy belt for each side, with wide "Velcro" tabs that attach to the front of the diaper. They fit and feel great, and they move with you nicely. You can even pull them up and down as needed, and reattach the tabs several times. -RMS
    They look awesome. I look forward to trying them soon.

TENA Super Briefs: Same as the above, but with adhesive tapes that attach to a plastic tape landing zone. It's a good diaper, but I prefer the Stretch version. To each his own. They're a true overnight diaper, though some will want a booster to bring it up to the level of an Abena 4 or other such mega-diaper. -RMS
    I'll have to see the difference between the two

TENA Night Briefs: From what I can see, these are the same as the Supers, but perhaps sold with that name in Europe? A quick Google search leads me to believe this is a different name, not a different diaper. -RMS
    Spot on. These are supers on closer inspection

Thanks for all the advice, it will make a difference to me now I can try them all..