Thread: New DL in the UK

Default New DL in the UK

Hello folks

It's my first time here and I very rarely tend to post on forums but I've been so inspired by what I've found searching around and I'm very much in a transition phase as a DL - so felt it important to post and share.

Have been DL for as long as I can remember but only very recently started wearing and using. On quite a journey at the moment and keen to be able to chat with other likeminded folks and share the experience as I'm certainly not ready to come out to those I know well yet.

Outside of the lifestyle I'm a Dad and a filmmaker and writer - in fact obsessed with all things film but also quite into music, sport and strangely enough... retro gaming.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello first of all..

Quote Originally Posted by DLCinephile View Post
    Hello folks

It's my first time here and I very rarely tend to post on forums but I've been so inspired by what I've found searching around and I'm very much in a transition phase as a DL - so felt it important to post and share.

Have been DL for as long as I can remember but only very recently started wearing and using. On quite a journey at the moment and keen to be able to chat with other likeminded folks and share the experience as I'm certainly not ready to come out to those I know well yet.

Outside of the lifestyle I'm a Dad and a filmmaker and writer - in fact obsessed with all things film but also quite into music, sport and strangely enough... retro gaming.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello first of all..
    Welcome to ADISC DLCinephile! From your introduction it sounds like you will be quite the addition to our community. There is a story section for you to share your stories and we also have groups for like minded people that are into such things as movies and sports. What types of movies do you make?

How old is/are your child/ren? Are you married and does your spouse know? That is a common issue here amongst couples.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome to ADISC DLCinephile! From your introduction it sounds like you will be quite the addition to our community. There is a story section for you to share your stories and we also have groups for like minded people that are into such things as movies and sports. What types of movies do you make?

How old is/are your child/ren? Are you married and does your spouse know? That is a common issue here amongst couples.
    Ok. I'm seperated from my wife but we're still very good friends. She doesn't know yet. We share custody of a lovely five-year-old who is the light of both of our lives. I suppose it's one of the reasons I wear in secret - I don't think either of them would understand it at this stage but we'll see.

On the filmmaking front I have made a bunch of short films. I mostly focus on comedy (I much prefer to make people laugh than cry) but have done a few dramas as well. Doing really well with this - even though I'm unable to go full-time on it - so still have to work a crappy job. I'm addicted to story and character and I often feel more at home in a dark theatre than I do in a pub or somewhere else. This tendency to be a loner fits in well with my recent "lifestyle" choice I guess but I am keen to meet other DLs - probably in an online capacity first and then we'll see.

Thanks for pointing out the other threads - I have written some stuff and I'm keen to share it.

And thanks also for the lovely welcome Zipperless...

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm off out to watch "Noah" - seems appropriate given it's about a mammoth flood. Hahaha!

And yes, I'll be wearing some Cuddlz underneath my jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by DLCinephile View Post
    On the filmmaking front I have made a bunch of short films. I mostly focus on comedy......
    i'm itching for modern versions of the likes of The Plank and Simon Simon. they'd at least be interesting in the modern concepts of work, class and socio-technologika.
    i don't much fancy the Noah film; i think it'd too greatly detract from the arketpye.

oh, and welcome.

Well, it was a pretty woeful film all round - not that I expected too much. I'm very much a fan of Darren Aronofsky's earlier films - in particular Pi and Requiem for a Dream but this was slow and plodding and apart from a few trademark surreal visuals - just a little bit boring. And was surrounded by people even though I'd booked ahead and picked a seat that I'd thought would be off to its own - so no flood for me - hehehe - too nervous.

Haven't seen either The Plank or Simon Simon - so thanks Ade for the introduction - I'll be sure to check them out.

I have yet to see Pi but didn't realise that he was involved in this traversity of a film, oh well even Kubrick had a dud film or two. Welcome, Hope you enjoy your stay here and see you around.

Pi is his first film and it's great - totally off the wall. He's had a few duds - The Fountain being top of the list there but Noah is a pretty close second. Also check out The Black Swan and The Wrestler - both terrific in completely different ways.