Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Diapers for your buck!

Default Best Diapers for your buck!

I might wanna try 24/7 for awhile to see how long I can run with it but that's obviously a very expensive thing to do. Now we know which diapers are the best and the worst, but what about the inbetween?

I wanna create a list of diapers that I think perform best to worse, cheapest to expensive to make some kind of a price/performance kinda chart or something.

Can anyone help?

go to XP Medical...they already have the chart made for you.

Here's the link straight to the chart:
    Adult Diaper Review and Testing

Given their current sale, Dry 24/7 for sure if you buy by the case. High quality for right around $1/diaper, including shipping. Plus you can easily wear one 10-12 hours.

I'd have to say that the Dry 24/7 seem to be the best bang for the buck. You can get a case online at $75 for 72, which is about a buck a diaper, which incidentially is almost the same cost per diaper as depends, however the dry 24/7 easily hold at least twice what a depend fitted max brief hold, which in my calculating mind would make depends not a very good value.

Anyway, I'll give you a quick price breakdown and quality breakdown on the ones I've mentioned, the pricing breakdown is based on where I buy them and the size, I have to wear the larges, mediums generally are slightly less expensive, or you get more in a bag for the same price.:

Abena X Plus - Best Diaper Around - I pay @$1.52 per diaper from XP Medical

Dry 24/7 - Excellent all around performance, not as great as Abena but still good and my recommendation for value - I pay $1.04 per diaper.

Depend fitted maximum protection (the tape on style). Adequate at best, more discreet than abena or dry 24/7 but lacks absorbency. They are OK if you need to go out of the house for a few hours. $0.99 per diaper, but you can add a depend boost, which I do and recommend, for an additional $0.30, for a total of $1.29 per diaper. This is still significantly less absorbent than dry's or abena's

Generic Store Brands such as CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Prevail, etc. Similar absorbency and discreetness as depends, though less expensive at @$0.69 per diaper.

If you can only buy store bought, I would stick with the store's generic brand. Most of these, like CVS, walgreens, rite-aid have absorbency that is equivalent to depends, but will be several dollars cheaper. Quick example, at one of our local pharmaices, Kinney's (it's a local chain), a bag of 16 depends max, size large is $15.99 whereas the generic brand that they stock which is a brand called Prevail, a bag with the same amount of diapers is $10.99. Both are similar absorbency, though the Prevails are cloth backed with I don't really care for.

As for the best of the best, Abena X-pluses, they are awesome, I love them, but they are rather pricey for what you get and I don't find them to be quite as good of a value as the dry 24/7's.

Hope this helps you maximize your money and your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInMyHead View Post
    go to XP Medical...they already have the chart made for you.

Here's the link straight to the chart:
    Adult Diaper Review and Testing
    While their tests are interesting, they are hardly comprehensive, and somewhat flawed, especially if you are expecting similar results in the amount of fluid absorbed. They used tap water, the polymers in diapers are highly effective at absorbing water, unfortunately the chemicals in urine reduce the absorbative qualities of the polymer. They also only reviewed products they sell and at the prices they sell them.

I'm lucky enough to fit in Abena Abriform X-Plus 'Small' So i'm able to get a case of 66 for $61.95 from XP Medical which is a pretty good price/ratio...

So I guess I can't do better than that?

:bunny: As one of the best procurrers of low cost adult diapers. Best Score = Ten Cent tag day at a Salvation Army Thrift Store = 37 unopened bags of Dignity Briefs = $3.70 = 518 diapers. Being as I have worn diapers frequently for the last twenty years, I find it to be more normal than not wearing. Leaks are not a big problem if you take the same precautions you would for caring any baby. (carry extra diapers, plastic pants and clothing to change into). Where to change in privacy? Most grocery stores and fast food restaurants have separate stalls or bathrooms for handicapped persons. Need to shower? Oregon State Parks all have separate handicapped accessible showers available for $2.00 for non-campers. Find out what's available in your area! I am always trussed up when I travel on long trips with my wife, or if I go into town for the day. For the past three years I have worn diapers during my 6- 8 hour shifts at work. No one has ever noticed or taken notice. As to brands of diapers etc., my opinion is that disposable diapers are just that - disposable! If I spend $2.00 each for a high capacity diaper (Tranquility ATN or Molicare) or go with the least expensive brief (pull-ups are crap) with a booster made from a second diaper (about $.60 for both), I will always go with the best price. I get about as much capacity and wearing time from the brief/booster set-up for 60 cents as from the ATN or Molicare for $2.00. I use on average 4 to 6 diapers per day. I change before I leak, as simple as that. But if I need to change into new pants/jeans I always have a spare. :bunny:

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    :bunny: As one of the best procurrers of low cost adult diapers. Best Score = Ten Cent tag day at a Salvation Army Thrift Store = 37 unopened bags of Dignity Briefs = $3.70 = 518 diapers. Being as I have worn diapers frequently for the last twenty years, I find it to be more normal than not wearing. Leaks are not a big problem if you take the same precautions you would for caring any baby. (carry extra diapers, plastic pants and clothing to change into). Where to change in privacy? Most grocery stores and fast food restaurants have separate stalls or bathrooms for handicapped persons. Need to shower? Oregon State Parks all have separate handicapped accessible showers available for $2.00 for non-campers. Find out what's available in your area! I am always trussed up when I travel on long trips with my wife, or if I go into town for the day. For the past three years I have worn diapers during my 6- 8 hour shifts at work. No one has ever noticed or taken notice. As to brands of diapers etc., my opinion is that disposable diapers are just that - disposable! If I spend $2.00 each for a high capacity diaper (Tranquility ATN or Molicare) or go with the least expensive brief (pull-ups are crap) with a booster made from a second diaper (about $.60 for both), I will always go with the best price. I get about as much capacity and wearing time from the brief/booster set-up for 60 cents as from the ATN or Molicare for $2.00. I use on average 4 to 6 diapers per day. I change before I leak, as simple as that. But if I need to change into new pants/jeans I always have a spare. :bunny:
    To each his own, I guess.

Although $3.70 is a remarkable price to acquire 518 diapers (), you still own 518 cheapo diapers. And you will be wasting your time and cheap diapers stuffing your front, battling leaks, looking for changing places, carrying extra clothes, taking precautions, worrying and all that comes with cheap diapers.

The diapers will run your life. But, whatever . . . .

I too like a good price, but I also like the benefits of competent diapers, and when I weigh the two, competence wins. Give me a good Abena that I can wear on campus all day, without worry about changes or leaks or stuffing, and I think it's worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by soren456 View Post
    Give me a good Abena that I can wear on campus all day, without worry about changes or leaks or stuffing, and I think it's worth the price.
    Amen to that.

One of the great things about wearing (good) diapers is that you put one on and forget about the need of finding a toilet for the next half a day.

What's the point in wearing a diaper that makes you need a place to change more often than an average guy would need a bathroom? Maybe you'd spare some money, but then your 24/7 experience would turn into pure hell! (at least from my personal point of view)

Countdown

I don't know much about diapers, but the wiki's Diaper reviews category has some pretty good info.