Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you wet a diaper when you're in bed?

Default How do you wet a diaper when you're in bed?

Hello, So I am finally back in diapers (Tena Slip Super) this time after quite a lengthy break from them.

I was wondering to those of you who have done it or do it (to those who are not incontinent I mean) - how do you wet your diaper if you are lying down?

It is easy to do it standing up but I just can't do it lying down, for some reason, even if I feel like I have to urinate a lot, I cannot will for my urine to be released when I am lying down on my side or in bed in general, only standing.

Is there anything I can do or try to make it easier for me to just wet my diaper when I am in bed, rather than have to stand up first? How do you do it? Does anyone else also experience this observation?

I ask because I simply want to know and see what it feels like to have this happen.
    Thanks.

Practice and more practice and and a lot of untraining.

It will get easier when you wear and wet often, it is also easier when you have already wet yourself, to wet again. In the beginning I used to try some different poses, pulling my knees up seemed to relax my muscles.

I at first found it difficult to begin wetting in any irregular setting, such as while wearing clothes or diaper-like padding. Wetting lying down was always almost impossible. My first experiences with disposable diapers were always wetting standing or sitting. I feared very much the possibility of leaks dribbling into the bed!

All this changed when I bought an excellent waterproof mattress protector. This means I can go to bed with a full bladder and just let things happen in a diaper without worry.

Having a room or house securely to yourself is important. If I feel completely free without possibility of intrusion, my natural barriers tend to fall quite quickly.

I find drinking a lot before a 'session' works well, in regular intakes through a period of a few hours. Holding too long can be dangerous, but you could always let some spurts go before you lie down: wetting further into an already wet diaper is always easier. When you lie down, forget time scales and relax, thinking of something else till the flow begins naturally. The end result can give a wonderful feeling.

People have very different levels of inhibition when it comes to starting to pee. Time and patience may be necessary in your case. I wish you luck.

I had the same problem lying down, but also sitting down, in fact anything except standing up in a diaper.

Practice has helped, but I also have a shy bladder anyway. I read a book called "Loud and Proud" and it really helped. You can get it from Amazon. You can visualise your own diaper positions rather than the ones described if you can already go in crowded toilets.

All the best and enjoy the practice..

I have some good news and some bad some news. The good news is that it does get better. The first time I wore a diaper, I could barely go at all, in any position. I then got to standing and to sitting. The bad news is that it's not a quick process. I got into wearing maybe 4 months ago now. It took me almost 2 months to be able to wet sitting. I still can't wet lying down, but I think I might get there. So, if you're like me (and you wouldn't be posting if it came easy) then you'll need to be prepared for it to take a while. Baby steps seems like the appropriate expression here.

over time you should be able to wet automatically
    it also helps if you drink plenty of water before you go to sleep

Personally I have been wearing and wetting for a long time (years). Most of the time, if my diaper is already wet, I have to bend my knees while on my back (in bed or on the floor) in order to "let go". This does two things for me: first, it relieves pressure up front from the diaper and my "boy parts" allowing an easy, natural flow. Second, by bending my knees up I'm eliminating a common leak spot and sending the flow to the rear padding. Does that make sense? If you lay on your back, with your legs flat your diaper will most likely leak at the rear leg gatherers before all the rear padding is used. But if you bend your knees toward the ceiling you basically bypass that leak spot and all the rear padding does it's job. I do this every time I wear so that all of the diaper gets used and I don't feel like I have wasted a diaper. Key points: relax, buy quality diapers you trust, protect your bed with a plastic mattress cover or bed pad, drink plenty before bed and practice, practice, practice. I would recommend practicing a few times on the floor (much easier to clean) and learn the limit of your diaper! Hope my two cents are worth atleast one!

Quote Originally Posted by DLMunky View Post
    Personally I have been wearing and wetting for a long time (years). Most of the time, if my diaper is already wet, I have to bend my knees while on my back (in bed or on the floor) in order to "let go". This does two things for me: first, it relieves pressure up front from the diaper and my "boy parts" allowing an easy, natural flow. Second, by bending my knees up I'm eliminating a common leak spot and sending the flow to the rear padding. Does that make sense? If you lay on your back, with your legs flat your diaper will most likely leak at the rear leg gatherers before all the rear padding is used. But if you bend your knees toward the ceiling you basically bypass that leak spot and all the rear padding does it's job. I do this every time I wear so that all of the diaper gets used and I don't feel like I have wasted a diaper. Key points: relax, buy quality diapers you trust, protect your bed with a plastic mattress cover or bed pad, drink plenty before bed and practice, practice, practice. I would recommend practicing a few times on the floor (much easier to clean) and learn the limit of your diaper! Hope my two cents are worth atleast one!
    Totally agree with bending the knees. I also find that with the knees bent, I'm more liekly to have the urine flow down and towards the back of the diaper so that it fills more evently back to front and you get more capacity this way.

I also often "tuck" my stuff down before hand to make sure it's going in the right direction.

I'm using TotalDry Boost Ups in my Belissimos during the day and this has helped tremendously on those days where I'm just flooding non stop for some reason. Say hello to the 7 pounds diaper lol.

-BouncyBoy

Just a matter of relaxing a beer or two before crawling in bed might help