Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Secure Plus briefs

Default Question about Secure Plus briefs

I really like Secure XP for their comfort, look and absorbency (they are probably my favorite diaper). I am thinking of ordering a case of them, but I also am wondering about the Secure Plus. Since I am stingy, the Plus briefs seem like a much better value. I am wondering if the Plus briefs are the same as the Secure XP (taping zone, look, comfort... etc.) but just a little less absorbent, or is there something else that sets the Plus apart from the XP. Also, how absorbent is the Plus; about as absorbent as a Abena Super?

The plus is a nice diaper because it's babyish, but a tad bit more discreet and functional than the x plus. But, no, they do not hold as much, of course. They handle about 2/3 what the x plus would. They look the same.

So it's the same think as an Secure X-Plus, just a little thinner and less absorbent?

How absorbent is a Plus; on par with an Abena Super?

Yes. But ive never tried an abena super, so couldn't tell you. But still, it is a decent diaper.

I used the Abena Super and it held a few small tinkles throughout the day then one heavy wetting that night. I have no idea how many ounzes i put in it...but it held a sizable amount.

It was a little more comfortable / less distracting to sleep in because I'm a side sleeper generally and with the XP they're real thick in the crotch which makes it a bit strange to sleep on my side....but with the Supers I was able to comfortably sleep in all positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    I really like Secure XP for their comfort, look and absorbency (they are probably my favorite diaper). I am thinking of ordering a case of them, but I also am wondering about the Secure Plus. Since I am stingy, the Plus briefs seem like a much better value. I am wondering if the Plus briefs are the same as the Secure XP (taping zone, look, comfort... etc.) but just a little less absorbent, or is there something else that sets the Plus apart from the XP. Also, how absorbent is the Plus; about as absorbent as a Abena Super?
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...tml#post108804

There is a pic of the Secure Plus. They lack the waistband and are a bit less absorbent.

The Abena X Plus doesn't have a waist band, I don't imagine the secure would unless its an "improvement".

I would prefer a waist band myself.

A friend of mine suggested using packing tape a few inches below the waist line to get a real secure fit. Last night I tried it for the first time and use the packing tape on an XP and it was great! I put the tape on, wrapped it tight, but not too tight, around my waist..kind of like a belt....and the XP fit awesome. There was no slouching after I had wet, it stayed snug to my hips and everything.

I'd suggest packing tape over any built in elastic waist band or anything.

So if I'm cheap and order a case of Pluses, would it feel like I'm wearing an XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    So if I'm cheap and order a case of Pluses, would it feel like I'm wearing an XP?
    No, they are thinner, but a good quality diaper. (The fit and taping are similar, but it is a thinner diaper.) You'll also have to change sooner.