Thread: bambino bellissmo question

Default bambino bellissmo question

Does bambino plan on fixing the issues with this diaper yet? Still have not seen any updates on there site about it

I have some currently that I bought recently and I see no issues.

This is what Bambino told me via E-mail when I had issues with that last case I ordered.

It sounds like most of the changes are here to stay. I think the tapes and the shorter padding were the worst. But then mine were some really messed up first run prototypes, so I don't feel like I can judge it that fairly.

::Edit:: Also in the e-mail converstation the costumer service rep said "Let us know if you would like to wait for the next production run 45-60 days" that was sent on Feb 13th. So I would think they will have new stock with print's rightside up around April 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Does bambino plan on fixing the issues with this diaper yet? Still have not seen any updates on there site about it
    I noticed the following when comparing and measuring all angles of the "Upside Down" run ones.

1 Inch longer front to back.
    Narrower core (About 2/3 of an inch)
    Same absorbency (I've noticed less leaks personally. I think the core having more room between it and the standing guards helps)
    Tapes are slightly different. (Subjective. Better for some, nightmarish for others)
    Plastic and Top-Sheet(Inner lining) are both different. Plastic is crinklier, top-sheet is a lot softer, but seems more tear prone (Found that out after walking to pick up my mail one day)

Any other changes are just mechanical derps, and are probably going to be fixed for all soon. (I've only found one flawed bag in mine, which had a slight tendency to split in the front. Still usable, though)

I didn't realize people were upset about the tapes. I thought Bambino purposely did that, because in the past I've heard complaints about them being ill-fitted on wearers with wider hips. Raising the tapes puts them above the hip line (more like a Tena Slip Maxi fits) and I thought it was a great idea. It seemed to fit me better anyway.

The tapes are also using a different adhesive. It seems to be extremely strong on the first stick, but then exponentially weaker with each re-adjustment. The only thing I thought was awkward about raising the tapes is all the excess plastic left hanging on the bottom of the rear wings - it's too bad they couldn't just trim that off.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyi View Post
    The only thing I thought was awkward about raising the tapes is all the excess plastic left hanging on the bottom of the rear wings - it's too bad they couldn't just trim that off.
    On a personal note, I have started to cut excess plastic off of other diapers for a better looking/feeling fit. Most of the time I reshape (cut) the front wings to fit my body better and some times both front and back. Especially on ABU diapers but also on Abenas and others.

Here's hoping they DON'T fix the "issues" with the latest version of diapers. In my opinion, at least on the case I received, the changes are a MAJOR positive. I love how the diapers fit me now, how they are crinklier, and still plastic covered. In fact, I am contemplating ordering another case.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    Here's hoping they DON'T fix the "issues" with the latest version of diapers. In my opinion, at least on the case I received, the changes are a MAJOR positive. I love how the diapers fit me now, how they are crinklier, and still plastic covered. In fact, I am contemplating ordering another case.
    I agree...almost. I'm loving the new softness and fit, but the leg elastics are garbage. I bought a case of all the upside down prints and the leg gathers & leak guards go slack way too easily on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJaby View Post
    I agree...almost. I'm loving the new softness and fit, but the leg elastics are garbage. I bought a case of all the upside down prints and the leg gathers & leak guards go slack way too easily on all of them.
    True. I like 90% of the changes, but the decreased absorbency, and the lousy elastics were a REALLY big hit against what was otherwise a really great product. If they could fix those two issues, and keep everything else the same, I don't think any other diaper on the market would be able to come within a mile of the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    But don't they hold less pee? What about the thickness?