Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred Phelps in Hospice.

Default Fred Phelps in Hospice.

Not sure how many of you have seen this, but Fred Phelps is on his death bed and has also apparently been excommunicated from his own church for reasons unknown.

Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps Sr. “on the edge of death,” son says - CBS News

Wonder how many will picket this mans funeral and or vandalize his grave site after.

I think George Takei said it best on his FB page today:

"I take no solace or joy in this man's passing. We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding "God Hates Freds" signs, tempting as it may be.
    He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end."

But I'm sure there will be some protestors.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post

"I take no solace or joy in this man's passing. We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding "God Hates Freds" signs, tempting as it may be.
    He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end."

Some of Georges posts have bugged me a bit lately, didn't see that one get posted. But he is wrong, there will be joy in this mans passing, because a lot of the hate that he spread will die with him. Hate to say it, (Not really) the world will be a better place without him in it.

He did say tho that he would be taking no joy or solice... not that none at all will be taken. TBH I don't see the world being that much different without him.. the hate will live on in the people associated with him/them and will continue to live on.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluehusky View Post
    He did say tho that he would be taking no joy or solice... not that none at all will be taken. TBH I don't see the world being that much different without him.. the hate will live on in the people associated with him/them and will continue to live on.
    Remember he was excommunicated for unknown reasons. So to say that is inaccurate, wait and find out

Yes, sadly, he and the Westborough (so called) Baptist Church have sewn many seeds of hate, especially in their own children who attended the "God Hates Fags" funerals. What a sad way to raise your children, much like the KKK raising their children in an environment of hate and prejudice.

Honestly, I'd side with Takei on this one.

The best way to reject an opposing philosophy is to ignore it, and still show compassion for those with none.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Honestly, I'd side with Takei on this one.

The best way to reject an opposing philosophy is to ignore it, and still show compassion for those with none.
    Well said.

Rev. Fred Phelps made his decision long ago to go down the path he chose to walk down, and in the end, he will have to answer for his deeds in life when he has to stand before God. There really is no joy or celebration in remembering one who's life was "wasted" on celebrating hate, instead of celebrating "life", the true gift from God.

Even I, A Gay man has compassion for this human who has none.

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post

I think this is a just position...
    We say fight fire with fire ...don't we usually use water?
    While it's understandable how deep the inflamed emotions of hate have stirred us...I think that we can hate hate, and show compassion for the tormented and misguided souls!

Lead by example!
    There could be joy for this person's torment to himself and others passing. Should we be joyful that this person may not have found joy?

Ignorance=Fear=Hate
    Don't simply accept hate, but don't hate for the sake of it either... we all know too well about fear...don't we??

Will the message be lost on some of you too?

Thank you zipperless...
    Thank you George Takei...

-Marka
    p.s. Perhaps, we should stand vigil by his graveside...to protect it/him from further torment...??