Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper habits?

Default Diaper habits?

I have a system when it comes to wearing Diapers, I'm on the small side so during the day I wear Huggies Drynites, Pampers 6+ and pampers underjams, but at night I wear adult Diapers for the extra security and protection they offer. This keeps the cost down as buying adult Diapers all the time can be an expensive business, but its not only that this also gives me the chance to enjoy both adult Diapers and baby/youth Diapers, which is nice, but last night was different due to the fact I have no more Lille Supreme Fit maxi small left so I had to wear Pampers underjams XL to bed not feeling 100% comfortable with the idea, but after waking up around 5am ish I was amazed to find the pull up had held up apart from a slight damp feeling around the back, but it got me thinking about some questions I would like to ask if I may.

(1) What do you look for when buying Diapers?
    (2) Do you have your own system when it comes to wearing Diapers?
    (3) Do you spend big money on Diapers?
    (4) How many Diapers do you go through a month?
    (5) Do you stick with one brand of Diapers or do you switch back and forth?
    (6) Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by a cheaper brand and if so which one?

Sorry about asking so many questions, but I'm intrigued to find out about other people's Diaper habits I have more questions, but I don't want to blow anyone's mind so (6) will do for now, thanks.
    Last edited by MonkeyDoodle; 14-Mar-2014 at 21:52.

I don't mind answering these questions, and 6 is not to bad.

1. It depends (pun intended), seriously though it varies. I have my go to brands of premium diapers that I like to have on hand like Abena M4, Tena Slip Maxi, and Bambinos. But I often like to browse around for different diapers to try. I usually look on ebay for some good deals.

2. I have two different systems for wearing diapers. First, I usually wear at night time so I like to take a shower and be nice and clean, then I will lather up with plenty of baby powder, then comes the diaper, usually a premium one like Abena M4. Since where I live it is usually warm I usually just wear some athletic shorts over them and then get in bed and watch tv or be on my laptop. For when I wear during the day its pretty much the same thing but if Im wearing at home I will wear a thicker diaper, and if I'm planning on going out diapered I might wear a thinner one depending on what I plan on doing, like a Tena Slip Maxi.

3. Normally I would say no, but lately I have become a little obsessed with buying things, so in the last few months I probably spent 300-400 dollars on diapers, but this should last me for a while.

4. Varies quite a lot. If i had to guess somewhere between 20 on the low side and maybe 90 on the high side.

5. I like to switch it up. I have my favorite brands that I like to keep on hand like Abena M4, and Tena Slip Maxi, but I'm always looking to try new diapers.

6. I actually have. I purchased a case of First quality (plastic backed) on ebay for a really good price and expected them to be really crappy and I was actually really surprised by how much I liked them. They aren't a premium brand and so they don't hold as much, but I bought some good boosters and used them and I could go almost an entire day while at school without needing to change. The plastic was a nice quality and was smooth, was not to crinkly so they were good for using when going out and about, the tapes held really well. All in all I would purchase them again.

No problem with the questions, to be honest it makes it easyer for me to answer

1. Thickness and if it can hold alot.
    2. Not really i just put em on. x)
    3. Well kinda since i have to order them mostly online from other contries.
    4. Im not sure i use 2-4 in a week so...
    5. I have been sticking to Tena but i usualy switch between other diapers all the time.
    6. Not sure, havent really been remembering the prices of the diapers i buy. x)

Great set of queries, good sir

1: The feel of them, and thickness
    2: I've got a fairly traditional system. I always, always, always, put on my nappy whilst lying down. First step: lay out a mat (I haven't got one at the moment , so I use the plastic casing that my new Nappies came in). Second: bottoms off, then lie down. Third: apply a reasonable amount of powder. Forth: nappy on.
    3: The most I've ever spent on nappies barely enters the double figures range, but that could change (you're welcome :P )
    4: Less that four/six a month.
    5: I've spent a long time with the Boots Staydry Slips since they were all I could get for a long while. At the moment, I've got a large set of Molicare Extra-Slips, but I'd like to move onto Tenas later
    6: I was a little apprehensive about the Boots Staydry Slips, but I've found them fine

Usually something plastic backed that's moderately thick and absorbent. I don't get to get diapers very often, so I try and get high quality ones to 'stretch' my supply.

Usually it depends on what the living situation is like, but for the most part I stick to wearing only at night and when I have the house entirely to myself. I do sometimes bring them along on trips that I take every weekend, whether it be a random backpacking/hiking outing in the wilderness, or an unplanned road trip somewhere. I almost always put my diapers on lying down, as I can't seem to figure out putting them on standing up for the life of me. Lying down seems to always get the best fit possible for me.

Nope, mostly because I don't have the ability to hide more than a case or two of diapers at any given time. It's easier for me to just buy 50 or so diapers, use them up over a few months, and then reorder when possible.

Like I said before, it sort of varies due to the living situation. But mostly I use about three a week.

I did in the past, when diapers were better, before things like Attends and Abena started to go downhill. Now I mostly stick with bambino which, even though they also have been falling in quality a bit, still seem to be the best diaper out there. (that I can get my hands on, at least).

(6) Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by a cheaper brand and if so which one?
    Mostly no, unfortunately. I did try some of the Tranquility ATN's when I found some buried in an old warehouse near here and was impressed by how such a thin diaper could hold up...but mostly cheap diapers = cheap performance.

Something that's cheap yet of decent quality. Sometimes I'll get premium if I have the extra money to spend.

I usually put them on right before bedtime. Nothing particularly special.

I spend quite a bit over time as I wear them every night for bedwetting.

Somewhere around 30, more if I want to wear daytime as well.

I go with Abena l2 most of the time, but I sometimes go with Tena Slips.

I've recently tried these: Medline FitRight Super Adult Disposable Briefs by MEDLINE INDUSTRIES | Health Products For You They're amazing for the price.

Variety is good. Something with a leak wall. Capacity >2L(unless I need something discreet)

Whenever I feel like it. I have several bags open at a time and go for whatever I feel like

Nope. Most of the time my usage is low, so every now and then I throw in a big order and I'm covered for a long long time, even if I binge.

Most months, less than 5. This month will probably end up somewhere between 20 and 50.

Switch all the time. Molicare is my go-to brand if I want something unquestionably reliable(and plastic backed), AMD Slip has always been a superb quality cloth backed one, even when all the others were tearing tapes and not sticking and leaking, they were solid.
    But I'd rather mix it up.
    AMD Slip is quite good value in Australia.

Some of the Asian brands are terrific in a few ways.
    CoCo for example have the most luscious plastic ever
    Elderjoy have the most crinkly plastic, are covered in hearts, and while they don't have a huge capacity, they hold well.

1. I look for thickness and how loud a diaper crinkles
    2. I usually wear diapers only on the weekends and I have to wet them every time I wear one
    3. If I think the money is worth to spend in diapers than I will buy them and sometimes I will buy diapers to try them out regardless of the price
    4. I think the most diapers I went through in a month was about 10 but about 6-8 diapers a month on average
    5. I often go back and forth between diapers so I have a different variety
    6. I have never been surprised by cheaper brands really, I mean they are cheap for a reason

softness, size, absorption, design
    currently I'm trying to try at least one of each to make a choice. after ik wich are best then i'll probably come up with a pattern.
    I wouldn't consider it big money no.
    no pattern due to living at home i wear when I can.
    random, but i do buy alot more pampers then anything else.
    walgreens sleep pants, they changed them tho i haven't tried new ones. IMO ones i tried where better then goodnights.

on side note, i tried underjams yesterday for first time. IMO was best pullup i've tried yet. now i just hope i'll be able to buy more. seems hard to find them in stores.

Absorbency, Looks, Decent Balance between price and those two.

Not really. Sporadic is the name of the game for me.

Not really. Fairly low monthly average.

Usually around 10-20.

I generally stick with Bambinos, but when they're unavailable, I'll use Abenas.

Not really. I've generally found the best Price:Performance is Abenas, but they're not exactly "Cheap"